What was your first resort?

Polynesian and I went for the first time as an adult in 2018. Decided to do a split stay with AKL just in case I never went back. Had a trip planned for 2020 at Yacht Club that we had to cancel. Going this October and staying at the new Swan Reserve as I had 3 free night certificates with Marriott.

Music Resort years ago when it was new....then followed with Pop Century too many times to remember and then Wilderness Lodge. In September we'll be at AKL and Wilderness Lodge once again. Looking forward to it!

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

It was called either the Disney Inn or Golf Resort...it’s now Shades Of Green. I was 6. My fav as a kid was CR, stayed there when I was 12.

Yacht Club for two nights in 2017!

We justified the splurge because it was always my dream to stay at a nice Disney resort, and we did a split-stay off property to save money, and we figured that we would never be able to afford to stay in a Deluxe again as our family grew and we had to pay more for tickets, food, etc., so let's do it just this once...

Since then, we've stayed at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Cabins at Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Beach Resort, the Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge -- and own DVC.

Beware the "one-time" splurge!!!

Was supposed to be CSR but saw the pictures of SAB and ended up staying at BC. BC/YC are still "home" for us, although we try to stay at a new resort and end at BC/YC if we can. If we don't stay there at least 2 nights, it just isn't the same (although we'd do a repeat at most of the resorts we've stayed at so far), We have stayed at CSR since our first trip and can say we would have been perfectly happy there too.

CBR for 4 nights then Big Red Boat for 3. After that Yacht and Beach club for our honeymoon leading to buying DVC.

Last edited:
All Star Sports. Not long after they had opened, we were kids into sports and thought it was very cool lol!

I stayed at the Contemporary in 1978, family trip. Didn’t stay again until Wilderness lodge 2006 with my 6 and 3 year olds for Christmas. We own at CC and relive that memory every Christmas. We love it there.

Polynesian 1983. Five years old. Big family splurge back then for a one time experience. But that stay was part of the reason I joined DVC … so my kids could enjoy all the magic of those great resorts.

1973 Poly with my sisters and mother. Joined DVC in 2006. have stayed in a bungalow and club level right before covid and going back next year with a big family group.

Treehouses in 1987, before they were a part of OKW. Back then there was another bedroom down on the ground level that you accessed by a spiral staircase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter