What type of clothing for Oct visit is needed?

Snow Shoe

What time is the 3 o'clock parade?
Our son and his family, DS will be 2yo at time, are going to WDW 10/7-11. They also have tickets to MNSSHP for the night of the 8th. Since he's only been during the summer time, he wants to know what type of clothing they'll all need for this trip. What are the nights temps like and days as well? Any help on this he will greatly appreciate. Thanks

His best bet is to check The Weather Channel's website about a week before he leaves. We go every October and the range has been cool to downright hot, hot, hot.

Cyn

He'll need a small variety anyhow. In the fall-- even if the afternoon is an 90 degree scorcher- the evening can turn pants and long sleeved shirt chilly.

I went during those dates last year and I mainly wore shorts or capris, and a t-shirt. The weather was wonderful! I'm going again this year and I know I'll pack a sweatshirt and pants just in case.

The way things are going in Florida I have decided to add a few things to our usual packing list

Food, enough for two or more days
Portable DVD player with good movies to keep us entertained.
Several good books and a flashlight
Plywood
Extra gas tank on car
Rubber boots for wading
Heavy Duty Rain gear
Concrete Blocks to hold me down so I don't blow away in the wind. (not likely to need those. LOL)

Seriously, I always pack for moderate weather and then throw a coupld of long sleeved shirts and a light jacket in, covers most every weather. After all this bad weather it will probably be beautiful in October. It is natures way of evening things out.

I did hear that the storm will be calming down some, I hope a lot, before it makes landfall. Enough is enough.

SG/Linda

Hey, You forgot :

A Satellite Cell Phone (So you can call for Help),

A Portable GPS (So you can tell them where you are),

A ZODIAC/LifeBoat (So you can float till they get there),

And lastly/ more realistically,

CASH !!!!

It may sound silly but in todays world we take for granted that should the need arise we will be able to use our Credit Cards or find an ATM to pay for our needs. I remember a really bad storm we had a couple of years ago that caught us flat . It wasn't so much that stores did not have things to sell as it was the lack of power or phone service that prevented us from using our plastic. Ever since then we always keep some Emergency Cash in the house and stash it in the car when we travel.

Just because you never know,

A former Boy Scoutpirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter