What travel agency do you use when plannig your Disneyland trip?

grumpymakesmehappy

DIS Veteran
DH and I are needing a good, honest, reliable agency to plan our DL trip in Dec. We never use a travel agent when planning our WDW trips because we've been so many times we know the ropes. DL is a totally different story to me. I would prefer to have someone take complete control and book our hotel, tickets, and ADRs. I want an agent who is aware of codes and can give us the best possible rate that is available. Who do you reccommend, and who have you used that you would never use again?

I went through AAA, I got great service for everything that was done. I have alot of confindence in them

I would book with Walt Disney travel, Costco or AAA. Costco and AAA book directly with WDT.

Depending on where you are, I find that if you need a hotel and a flight, then deal with travelocity as their prices are fantasic. AAA is really good if you need tix for the park, or go to your local travel agents and price around to find out what deals they have, that they can giving you for your trip. Most travel agents deal with Disneyland tickets and car rentals etc. But if you shop around you can find out which travel agent is the best for you, and have them make all the reservs for you. All you would really have to deal with is making reservations to different restaurants in or outside the park you might want to eat at.

I'm a AAA member so that is an option. Does AAA book our ADRs as well or only handle hotel/tickets? I've got our plane tickets taken care of so i won't need anyone for that. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Small World Vacations. Has anybody used them to book a DL vacation? I was kind of wondering about them considering MouseSavers speaks so highly of them. Thanks Luv Tink, I'll check out Mouse Fan Travel. Kepp the suggestions coming guys. :)

That's easy, I book my own! I'm a travel agent. If you have any questions I would love to help. The people on these boards can help with all your questions too.

Dreams Unlimited is the sponser of the Disboards, so they would be a great place to start. They are a full service company and would be able to handle all your arrangements.

We used Costco this time.. it was easy. For Priority Seatings (ADR"s in WDW I think) I would just call Vacation planning - the department is excellent and can hlep you out with tons of stuff!

Carole

We used Dreams Unlimited for SEVERAL of our trips once we got smart. ;) I used to book myself through the Disneyland website.

Our last trip we did it on our own since we were only there for two days.

I HIGHLY recommend DU though. They made our PS reservations and answered sooooooooo many questions we had. Their service is top notch.

i use AAA...........used expedia one time and my father fell ill......I called them to see about rebooking as he was not going to make it though the next couple of days , and was given a refund for the hotel but they refused to change the dates on my parkhoppers.........after calling Diney them selves I was told that AAA or direct from them they would have been changed, so I will never book another way again! AAA sends great coupns with the package has low rates and the discounts pay back your membership! We have sved $100's for the 40.00 membership.

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this Disney Board but wanted to add my 2 cents; I used getawaytoday for my upcoming trip in December and they were wonderful. Great customer service and great price too. :wave2:

We've always used AAA either through their own travel agent or to call and book a room myself. My branch travel agent is usually quite busy and sometimes it takes a couple days to get back to me after leaving a message, so I write down all my questions before I talk to her so I don't accidentally forget anything (non-smoking, pool open, pets in room, check-out times, etc.). They are very easy to deal with! When my agent couldn't answer a question herself, she called the hotel directly to ask them for me while I was on the phone.

grumpymakesmehappy said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Small World Vacations. Has anybody used them to book a DL vacation? I was kind of wondering about them considering MouseSavers speaks so highly of them.

Small World Vacations is great! And they have agents in CA who could help you with DL Vacations.

rosiep said:
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this Disney Board but wanted to add my 2 cents; I used getawaytoday for my upcoming trip in December and they were wonderful. Great customer service and great price too. :wave2:

I couldnt agree with you more. I bought my 6 day disneyland park passes through them, and OH MY!!! The customer service was the best. I would recommend Getawaytoday to absoloutely anybody. I think that I will deal with them again if I plan another trip to disneyland. I may make all reservations through them if possible because they were absoloutely fab, and extremely helpful.

I purchased my passes over the phone, but they took my email addrss, and they even emailed me 2 weeks later to find out if I got my confirmation in my regular home post mail. NO ONE DOES THAT!!! IT WAS FANTASTIC! I ended up calling them and thanking them.

We always book through getawaytoday.com they have great prices and excellent service on their 800 line. They are available 24 hrs/day and you can cancel your trip up to 36 hrs before your trip for only a $50 fee. I found AAA to be a lot more expensive (we are mbrs and I got some quotes this go around) and they didn't really seem to know anymore info than the agents at getawaytoday.

We used themouseforless dot com and were very happy. We got the perks that came from booking thru the Disney Travel Co.

For both our trips to DL, we called the Disney Visa number and got all the special freebies - lanyards and pins, travel bag, vouchers for parade viewing, Morning Madness, etc. Plus you can defer interest on the purchase for 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter