What to take with you in the parks? Bag, Fanny Pack, Water Bottles, etc?

Rikariko12

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are trying to think of what to take with us in the park. We will be taking our 8 year old daughter with us. We want to maybe take water bottles, tissues, and meds(ibuprofen), band-aids, phones, chargers, snacks, etc.

1. Do you bring a bag? A purse? A fanny pack? Just use your pants pockets?
2. What do you usually carry with you?
3. How does a bad work while ridding rides? Can you take it on with you? Places to safety store it?

Also, I cant figure out how to add a picture to my profile. Any help would be great. :)

I take a small single strap backpack/sling bag. It's small because anything bigger and I'll end up putting junk I simply don't need in it.

My phone, wallet, lip balm, travel sized sunscreen, sunglasses, wet wipes and tide stick are all I bring with me.

Bags can indeed ride with you.

This is the bag I take, for scale my iphone fits snugly in the outside pocket.
IMG_3505.jpg

I removed the patch and put my own Mickey Mouse patch on it because I'm a nerd like that. :D

We take a light weight backpack with multiple pockets. We arrive early, eat breakfast items and apply sunscreen while we wait to enter. We will have two or three water bottles with us to start the day. We drive and have a couple of cases of half liter bottles for Disney and the beach.

I'm bringing a Vera Bradley mini hipster for myself. It'll hold my sunglasses, phone, lip balm, ID, and small travel bottles of asprin. I'll also have a Le Sportsac crossbody bag to use as DD's diaper bag. It'll be able to fit 2-3 pull ups, a couple small things of wipes, her sunlgasses, bib and small spray bottle of water to mist her off if she gets hot. Oh and a small board book for distraction at meals.
I carried a large Vera Bradley purse on the stroller last year, and while it fit everything, it was cumbersome to take off the stroller each time we went on a ride. I decided this year to scale down and see if it works.
I know my inlaws carry those vinyl draw string bags over their shoulders, but I'm not sure how comfortable they are.

I bring a fanny pack. It has a small (like 2 oz tube) of suncreen, hand sanitizer, a couple of wet wipes, my phone (in its case, with my credit card and probably a $20 bill), a portable charger and cord, a small container of ibuprofen/tums. We don't bring water bottles, as we found it worked just fine to ask for cups of water whenever we needed it.

You can take it with you on rides, sometimes there's pouches/pockets and sometimes you just hold it. It was never an issue.

I used to not bring a bag, but now carry one just for a place for our sunglasses when inside. I hate wearing on my head. I use cross body, so it's not a pain on rides and while walking around. I just have my various cards for discounts and room for sunglasses. I used to carry around a vinylmation or 2 for the blind boxes, but those have been removed. Sometimes pins for trading. If rainy weather disposable ponchos. I usually do a Disney theme cross body either Dooney or Vera Bradley.

I've been using the same Disney fanny pack I bought about 12 years ago. Phone, cash, small brush, wet ones, lipstick, sunglasses and reading glasses. Still have room for more. How do you put a picture?

My husband, kids (14, 11, 10), and I have all carried CamelBak backpacks for the last several trips. I don't know how we ever did Disney without them! They hold all the essentials - hand sanitizer, cooling towel, ziplock bags, wet wipes, phone, etc - plus 1.5-2 Liters (depending on size of backpack) of WATER! Kids love having a straw over their shoulders to have accessible water all day long. We fill with tons of ice in the morning and top off with water. As the days go on, you can refill with free water if you want, or, like its, order water with quick service meals to dump into the backpack. If it is full, we put the unopened waters in the backpack and take them back to the room to put o. The backpack the next day. The backs keep you cool as well, with all the ice on them. On rides, we put them on backward - no issues.

My daughter (youngest)started wearing one when she was 4. We use them all summer on bike rides as well.

I bring a backpack filled with items I carry in my purse on an everyday basis (blotting sheets, chapstick, lip balm, nail clippers, tweezers, mirror, extra hair ties, etc) plus sunscreen, ponchos, a hoodie or blanket (WDW gets chilly at night during certain seasons), water bottle, phone.

My husband and I are trying to think of what to take with us in the park. We will be taking our 8 year old daughter with us. We want to maybe take water bottles, tissues, and meds(ibuprofen), band-aids, phones, chargers, snacks, etc.

1. Do you bring a bag? A purse? A fanny pack? Just use your pants pockets?
2. What do you usually carry with you?
3. How does a bad work while ridding rides? Can you take it on with you? Places to safety store it?

Also, I cant figure out how to add a picture to my profile. Any help would be great. :)
I wear cargo capris - phone goes in one pocket and maybe lip balm, anti germ stuff and bandaids in the other. I carry CC,license,AP,DVC, etc cards in a clear ID pouch hanging from a lanyard which I wear around my neck. I love being bag free - so liberating

We have been going bag free for a few years. Even when my son was young I didn't carry a lot. For what you have listed:water bottles, tissues, and meds(ibuprofen), band-aids, phones, chargers, snacks, etc. my suggestions.

You can get free water at all the QS locations so don't carry water. It's easy and a lot of them keep water glasses already filled up so you don't have to stand in line. Ibuprofen, skip it, you can go to first aid and get it if needed, same with band aids. Tissues can go in a pocket. Phones and chargers if needed can go in a pocket. If Dad wears cargo shorts, the charger will easily fit in his pocket, I don't carry one but my son did last trip and you couldn't even tell it was there. I'm not sure what kind of snacks you are carrying so can't offer a suggestion for that but we stopped carrying them years ago because they never got eaten. We don't snack between meals but if we are starving, there are plenty of places to get fruit or even popcorn that can be shared and won't cost too much. Alternatively, you can put something in a ziplock bag and that can go in someone's pocket. For what you are needing, if you just have to have a bag, a small crossbody would work easy. When I wear sundresses (no pockets) I either take a Disney Dooney & Bourke crossbody or some other small one. If it is going to rain, you can put ponchos in a zip lock bag folded down really small and all three would fit in a crossbody. I carry an umbrella unless it's going to be a long hard rain, then I have a clear raincoat I wear that can be folded down pretty small and has a pouch with a lanyard that can hang on a belt loop. I just wear the coat into the park with the bag in my pocket and take it off once I get in the park if it's not needed.

My husband, kids (14, 11, 10), and I have all carried CamelBak backpacks for the last several trips. I don't know how we ever did Disney without them! They hold all the essentials - hand sanitizer, cooling towel, ziplock bags, wet wipes, phone, etc - plus 1.5-2 Liters (depending on size of backpack) of WATER! Kids love having a straw over their shoulders to have accessible water all day long. We fill with tons of ice in the morning and top off with water. As the days go on, you can refill with free water if you want, or, like its, order water with quick service meals to dump into the backpack. If it is full, we put the unopened waters in the backpack and take them back to the room to put o. The backpack the next day. The backs keep you cool as well, with all the ice on them. On rides, we put them on backward - no issues.

My daughter (youngest)started wearing one when she was 4. We use them all summer on bike rides as well.

Are these an issue on any of the rides?

I use a small crossbody purse, DH makes sure he has shorts with pockets on the side legs (great for his sunglasses), DS's use small fanny packs or pockets for sunglasses and we don't bring in water - plenty of drinking fountains, Club Cool and free tap water at QS.....lots of space at the feet for bags when on roller coasters.

We'll usually have either a sling bag or my sling purse to carry stuff like others have mentioned (meds, sunscreen, ziplocs, ponchos for rainy days, phone chargers, etc). For water, we always use Brita bottles. The squeezable type of Brita bottle can easily be attached to a bag or purse or belt loop with a carabiner clip. Saves us from carrying heavy bags with many water bottles, easy to refill when empty or water gets warm either at a fountain or a CS location. My husband and I usually each have one attached to us so that if we split it with the kids, we always have water especially on really hot days. It's a money saver too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter