What to expect from Dreams Unlimited

Ecaicio

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We're closing in on 2 months before our Disney world trip we booked through Dreams Unlimited and I'm not sure what's been done and what the agency is willing or can do. It started with a weeklong stay at Riverside with 4 park days. I'm planning the trip for my wife, my sister in law, and nephew. I literally chose Dreams Unlimited because Pete said they'd "make it painless as possible".
Well, the confusion started with getting reservations for park days. The agent said we should all get the Walt Disney World app and go from there. I know my wife and I have the dates but I don't know if my sister in law & nephew are good to go. They are in a different part of the country and I'm not sure they have reservations.
Next we wanted to add some days at Pop Century before staying at Riverside so we could skyliner hop between places. We got the Saturday and Sunday night but by the time I booked our flight we were arriving on Thursday. I filled out a third request form for Thursday and Friday night but so far I only see Saturday and Sunday night.
I apologize for venting in a public forum but I don't know what I got and what the agency is willing to do.

Have you asked any of your questions or expressed your concerns to your travel agent. That would be my first suggestion.

Your TA asked you to book your parks. You've done that but if you're not sure if your SIL and nephew have, wouldn't you contact them to ask? Not sure why that is an error on behalf of your TA?

Your plans seemed to have changed a few times which is understandable but, I really think you've answered your own questions about who you should be contacting rather than posting on a public forum.

Hello,
We're closing in on 2 months before our Disney world trip we booked through Dreams Unlimited and I'm not sure what's been done and what the agency is willing or can do. It started with a weeklong stay at Riverside with 4 park days. I'm planning the trip for my wife, my sister in law, and nephew. I literally chose Dreams Unlimited because Pete said they'd "make it painless as possible".
Well, the confusion started with getting reservations for park days. The agent said we should all get the Walt Disney World app and go from there. I know my wife and I have the dates but I don't know if my sister in law & nephew are good to go. They are in a different part of the country and I'm not sure they have reservations.
Next we wanted to add some days at Pop Century before staying at Riverside so we could skyliner hop between places. We got the Saturday and Sunday night but by the time I booked our flight we were arriving on Thursday. I filled out a third request form for Thursday and Friday night but so far I only see Saturday and Sunday night.
I apologize for venting in a public forum but I don't know what I got and what the agency is willing to do.
It sounds like you didn't expect to have to make your own park reservations and were thrown for a loop when that was passed (back) to you with the idea that you'd also need to make them for other family members. Or, that you'd have to call them and walk them through the process. Either way - have any park days been reserved? If not, that should be assigned to someone (i.e. give it back to the agent to do, or figure out who is doing it) asap so you can ensure everyone's park days are set.

If you've filled out a request form three times to extend your Pop reservation and there's no response at all and the reservations aren't extended when you check on your booking then that does sound negligent unless you're not routing the form correctly somehow? I've never used Dreams Unlimited so I have no idea what form you're referencing, but requesting something three times with no answer when working with any business doesn't bode well. For this - I would definitely cut through the clutter and call them. Ask if they've received what you've sent. The good news is Pop is a big property and likely wouldn't be full.

It sounds like, in general, you expected it to all be easy breezy but you're still needing to manage all the details (am I reading right that you reserved your own flights too?) and I can understand why that would be upsetting.

I'm sorry ~ that really stinks. I would definitely try reaching out to the TA first with questions. They should be able to help you with making sure your family's accounts are linked up and that everyone has park reservations. Also, if you're closing in on the 60-day mark like you stated, your dining reservation window is almost open. Be sure you ask about that too. I know it's hard to know what to even ask about if you're new to all of this and you're not getting any guidance, so here's a checklist of I would specifically ask about at this point:

1. Making sure your accounts are linked properly
  2. The status of your extension request at Pop
  3. Dining reservations
  4. Transportation to and from the airport
  5. Magic Bands
  6. Park reservations (ask your agent if there's anything you should know about operating hours/events/etc that would impact recommended parks for each day)

Once those things are done, the next topics you should tackle are:

1. Genie+/ILL$ info (your agent should know what this means and should be able to provide you with tips/info)
  2. Online check-in
  3. Memory Maker (if your agent hasn't gone over this with you yet)
  4. Room requests (if you want to be near your family, ask your agent to request this for you along with anything else that's important to you: high floor, away from the elevator, etc)

I haven’t used Dreams unlimited but use another travel agent for some non-disney vacations.

The biggest advantage of using a travel agent is having someone you can call with questions like yours. If your agent isn’t listening and responding to your needs they just become an unnecessary middleman and you should fire them.

Definitely call your agent. They can make and check your park reservations, along with dining reservations, but also encourage you to get the Disney World app so you can do these things yourself quickly or while on your vacation.

I just started working with DU and have a specific agent handling my trip. We're still early in the process, but she's been amazing and responsive and provides a lot of details. She already told me she'll do as little or as much as I would like, and I'm feeling very confident that if I provide a list of requests, she'll take care of it.

Definitely reach out to the agent who has been handling your arrangements to see what they can do to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter