What to do on 4th of July

gtrist4life

Choose wisely
We'll be checking in next July 3 to BWV; The first trip to our home resort!

I'm always thinking of general plans for each day of trips and wondering which park(s) would we get the most Independence Day spirit. I'm thinking starting the day in Epcot, surely the American Pavillion will have something special, then head over to the Magic Kingdom for parades and fireworks?

My only thought against this would be that the MK would be very crowded...

Any suggestions?

My understanding is that if you want to go to the Magic Kindgom you need to get there early. It tradionally closes.

I normally do the dash. I go to MGM for thier firworks and then speedwalk to Epcot for the fireworks there. I spend the day at the pool. Works for me.

We've been to Disney several times for 4th of July; its a great time to visit!!! We've done MK in the morning, then we head out for our afternoon swim/nap. Then we've been going to Epcot! Epcot puts on a wonderful fireworks show!!!

We were just at Disney this past July 4th; and the fireworks show and Illuminations was absolutely outstanding!!! It was GREAT!!!! Be sure to make a PS for any restaurant you'd want to eat at - many of the World Showcase restaurants had long waits for walk ups! We had made our PSs for San Angel for lunch and Nine Dragons for dinner! Both were great!

Have a great trip!

We were at WDW this past 4th of July. We actually stayed out of the parks during the day, has a PS in Epcot and stayed for the fireworks. They were spectacular, the best in WDW, not to be missed! ::MickeyMo

I was at the MK in the afternoon last year and it was way too crowded for me. It took forever to get anywhere and the lines were really long. It was the last day of my trip though so I wanted to say goodbye to Main street :D.

I watched the fireworks at MGM and epcot that night and they were amazing! It was crowded but not unbearable.

Thanks for the replies,

Sounds like we should think about avoiding the MK at least in the afternoon early evening. Maybe since we're at the Boardwalk we can do MGM in the morning, then Epcot late afternoon, evening. I like the suggestion of a PS before the fireworks!

Thanks again,
G4L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter