What rides should bigger people stay away from?

snuggle26

Earning My Ears
What rides at Disneyland and CA should people on the bigger side avoid? I would hate to get into line for a ride and get to the front only to be told that i'm to big to fit into the ride. If there are rides that are best for me to avoid, then i'd just let my husband take my son and i'd wait.
Thanks so much for all your help:)
Lisa

Most of the rides are pretty friendly. Orange Stinger in DCA has a weight limit- I think 200 or 225. Its a swing ride and the seats are pretty small. My husband and I are both good sized people (he is 6' and 250, I'm about 5'4" and over 200). We havent had any problems with rides. Oh, we found we shouldnt ride the astro orbitor together. LOL The over the head harness on screamin' really squishes my chest, but I fit fine in the ride other then that.

When i was 100 pounds hevier I never had a problem with Disney, but Knott's Berry farm was another story. Maybe Disney understands great people come in all sizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 5'7 and I was 225. I found the Rocket Jets very tight but everything else was fine. Splash Mtn may be tight but you should be fine.

The only ride I have a problem with is autopia. At 6'4 that ride is very cramped for me and I don't like having my shins slammed any harder into that pad than they already are.

jemilah.. may I ask what rides in particular you had a problem with at Knotts?

(sorry I know this is a bit off topic, but I've been wondering...)

Well let me be frank, as I know you are wanting the "real scoop". During my quite heavy days, I found that the seats on Indy were the tightest in the Park. Although still manegable, as when you are a large, bottom heavy gal like I used to be, the fat will adjust to the seat you are getting into. Be aware when you enter the ride vehicles as to how and which side the seat belts fasten from/to. This will speed loading and unloading for you and not make you feel like you are making people wait. I found that many of the turnstiles are not "fat friendly" and found that lifting my daypack over it as I went through at a sideways angle helped. (again, fat will adjust through these as well) Most restaurants have tables with chairs, so booths will not be a problemfor you. Restrooms can be tight if the Parks are crowded, but I believe all have handicap accessible stalls now and they work great if you need more room. I hope I have not offended anyone, as this was not my intent. Within th last few years I too had these very questions/worries and was seeking frank answers to help me plan. If you have anymore questions, I'd be glad to help answer and you can always PM me if you do not want to post in the public forums....have a super trip!

I had to get off the dragon swing ...stomach too big for the lap bar to lock...perhaps one of the mose embarrassing moments of my life! :guilty: I saw about a year ago a young heavy boy not able to fit into a roller coaster there .....the one that shoots out very fast...can't remember the name. I rode the old rollers coasters there with no problems I was 275 at 5'3 and would go with a friend who was alot taller and bigger. They only Disney thing I could remeber was wishing I could sit in front in the Mattterhorn with my man in the back like the other girls...now I sit behind my kids! :Pinkbounc

I am pretty big as well and I was worried sick that I would be embarrassed in front of everyone if I could not fit on a ride, but I had no problems. If the ride looked a bit tight I would just sit by myself instead of sharing - no worries.

I had no problems at all with the matterhorn but we did not try the orange stinger, is that the ride where they have swings that go round in a circle up in the air? I probably would not have wanted to go on that anyway LOL

I did go on Autotopia in a car by myself, it didn't work very well for me as I have a prosthetic leg and had to use my left foot on the pedals, wasn't fun at all (my daughter and hubby didn't really care for it either), the lines were huge and it really wasn't very exciting. I think it is meant for little ones to feel grown-up driving a car, my boys would have loved it when they were around 6-10 yrs old.

Don't stress about size, Disney seemed to allow for that, I think any size can enjoy 99% of the rides.

Anne

Personally, I think Mulholland Madness in DCA is a tough fit for most adults. The ride is fast and fun, but it's rough on the body.

***bump**

do not know how to link to this thread so bumped it up so another DISer needing this info can find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter