• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides are must do at IOA?

Lisa In NJ

Earning My Ears
We're staying at WDW for a week in May, and are going to take 1 day for Universal. We did US a couple of years ago, so decided to try IOA this time. The problem is that both my husband and 10 year old son get motion sickness on some rides, and don't like roller coasters or anything too scarey.
What rides do you recommend for them at IOA. My son loves Spider Man - what is that ride like? Do they have shows at IOA like they do at US?

Thanks for any info you can help with!!
Lisa

Lisa,
Spiderman has some good motion & spins to it, just nothing too violent really. It's worth trying one adult first to kinda guage it for the family.
Sinbad Show is great to see. 2-3 showtimes daily. Also, spend a few minutes at least to talk to the water fountain in front of this theater.
Discovery Center in Jurassic Park can occupy some time too, just exploring and playing with the "gadgets".
Toon Lagoon has a theater with different shows now & then also.
You'll likely be impressed with this park. Walk around it at least twice (very well laid-out, in that it's compact), and you'll notice new stuff each time.
Have a great time there!
Jim

Seriously, with exception of the coasters,
try to do everything. IOA is a beautiful
new park, and the attractions are a
lot of fun. Jur. park and Spider Man are
a WOW.
I never got upset on any on the rides,
and I don't good on motion simulators.
My wife and I, late 40's had a ball.

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges are a must do!!! Prepare yourself to be soaked, dress accordingly...but it's an awesome water ride and not too intense for anyone, I'd say!

Dudley DoRight is awesome as well...with one really big drop...

Don't miss Spiderman, whatever you do!!!

Karen

I, too, have a BIG problem with motion sickness, can't do Body Wars at EPCOT or Star Tours at MGM or Dinosaur at AK, they all make me too woozy to walk.
rolleyes.gif

On the other hand I can ride Spiderman over and over with no problems. The Hulk, IMHO, is very non jarring also when it comes to coasters, you can't compare it to your basic amusement park coaster because it doesn't jerk you around like they do. Very smooth ride! :smooth:

My son just became tall enough for the big coasters on our 12th trip to IOA and he still thought it was his favorite park in Orlando. The park is so much more than coasters... the theming is not to be missed! You might ask for a non-moving car on Cat In the Hat if you have a problem with motion, but everything else in the park is fair game!

Enjoy!

You might ask for a non-moving car on Cat In the Hat if you have a problem with motion, but everything else in the park is fair game!

Uh...that would be the bench right out front... :D :rolleyes: :D

Perhaps they should ask for a non-SPINNING one??? :D :D :D

Sorry, Robin...sometimes I just can't resist!!! ;) :rolleyes: :D

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter