What makes your flight over more comfortable ( 14 hours isnt fun.)

Tara2004

Mouseketeer
As the heading says.

Oh, and where to buy a adaption plug to have the 2 prongs to plug in the arm rest. I'm sick of listening to movies with one earphone working.

We take.

Ds game unit. Snacks during flight, face washer, toiletries, fresh change of clothes. Tissues. Breath mints. Magazines. Block out headphones ( Beats because they fold down small, and in red so they don't get lost in the dark):yay:

For me nothing has ever made it comfortable, I hate the trip but love the destination:)
I haven't tried noise cancelling headphones yet though, but intend to next trip. DH is going on a work trip to the US next month, so I will get him to buy me some Bose ones then.
The biggy for me is well behaved and happy kids. Everything else seems so much easier if the kids are under control:thumbsup2.
We are going to try for upgrades again this time ( tried last time but no space available, well we were given 1 seat on the way back and we gave that to the MIL). DH has flown in Business Premier many times for work, but I am yet to experience it. Oh the dream of being able to stretch out on a lie flat seat:cloud9:

Noise cancelling headphones. My Beats ones came with an plane adapter. I got some adapters for the kids headphones at Dick Smith $4.95. I also need to take a toothbrush/toothpaste, face washer, tissues, lollies, DS for the kids, iPad for me and usually the kindle too. I also dress is layers cause nothing beats being too hot or too cold.

definitely noise cancelling earphones. we had a screaming child in front of us the whole trip with a drunk father and a mother who had passed out on sleeping pills, so no one to control said child. not the child's fault, but we didn't get any sleep (and neither did most of the plane) so we are definitely taking noise cancelling headphones next time.

i've also heard you can buy the adaptors at dick smith or online via ebay etc.

for us it's also the tablet/kindle, however we mostly used virgin's IFE or just read on our kindles.

we took toothbrush/paste + wet wipes + sanitiser etc but didn't end up using it on the plane, we ended up using most of it when we got to the hotel so it could've been packed in our regular luggage.

definitely noise cancelling earphones. we had a screaming child in front of us the whole trip with a drunk father and a mother who had passed out on sleeping pills, so no one to control said child. not the child's fault, but we didn't get any sleep (and neither did most of the plane) so we are definitely taking noise cancelling headphones next time.

i've also heard you can buy the adaptors at dick smith or online via ebay etc.

for us it's also the tablet/kindle, however we mostly used virgin's IFE or just read on our kindles.

we took toothbrush/paste + wet wipes + sanitiser etc but didn't end up using it on the plane, we ended up using most of it when we got to the hotel so it could've been packed in our regular luggage.

We try to go in the front section of the plane, but 4 -5+rows back away from the baby section. Enough distance from the babies, but Still close to the food service area. I find you get better service being a bit closer. I think we had the toilets 4-5 rows behind us too. Saves people awaiting for the toilet looking over you. (HATE THAT.):furious::hyper2::hyper2::hyper2: Talking to each other while you try to sleep too.

Tara2004 said:
As the heading says.

Oh, and where to buy a adaption plug to have the 2 prongs to plug in the arm rest. I'm sick of listening to movies with one earphone working.

We take.

Ds game unit. Snacks during flight, face washer, toiletries, fresh change of clothes. Tissues. Breath mints. Magazines. Block out headphones ( Beats because they fold down small, and in red so they don't get lost in the dark):yay:

Having just done the flight I don't think anything makes it comfortable :( BUT I do second all the votes for noise cancelling earphones, it makes it bearable. They were selling the two prong adapters in the electrical section of the Duty Free store past the I,migrations area at Sydney airport. (airside)

I also had a blow up footrest this time ( we were flying economy) and I thought it was fantastic!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've bought a blow up footrest for this trip, I'm hoping it helps even a small amount, I usually find my legs being uncomfortable the worst part of the trip (besides not being able to sleep).

The plane air is so drying - I always take heaps of moisturiser, fess frequent flyer nose spray, eye drops, an empty water bottle so I can fill it on the plane and stay hydrated, noise canceling headphones (mine are Sennheiser, can be ought on eBay for half the price of Bose, and the sound quality is just as good), Kindle, my travel pillow, which is an Ikea regular sized pillow with a zip sewed onto the pillow case so it rolls up pretty small, slippers (I want to take my shoes off but no way am I going to the airplane toilet in my socks - gross), an eye mask, blow up footrest, and a bottle of lavender oil in case of smells. I also take a change of clothes in my hand luggage just in case someone is sick on me/spills a glass if red wine on me (that's actually happened!) and plenty of baby wipes.

I'm a big fan of wearing yoga pants on the plane - comfy enough to sleep in, not quite as daggy as tracky dacks - and I'm also a big fan of sleeping pills, but I don't have kids.

Nois canceling headphones won't drown out a kid screaming. They work on constant background noises,like the hum of a plane, by detecting them and then playing a noise that's the opposite frequency to drown it out. Playing music through your noise canceling headphones drowns out a fair bit, but not any more than music through any other decent headphones.

We leave in 6 days! I have most of the above, no headphones, but ear plugs and no foot rest, is it really that good? In what way?

Everyone will have a different opinion. Cnet rates Bose the best, others rate Sony the best. They all work with similar methods. I have the Bose and no problems to wear for a 14 hr flight and the single AAA battery lasts for return trip to Orlando.

I second the Bose over ear headphones and a nice upgrade to prem Econ or business as the best way to ease into a 14 hr flight.

I second the Bose over ear headphones and a nice upgrade to prem Econ or business as the best way to ease into a 14 hr flight.

i love this idea however we just don't have that kind of money and don't fly frequently enough for this option to be given to us :(

maybe if lotto decides to go our way :)

One of these days we might upgrade to first class on points just for the fun of it.

The best way to make the flight more comfortable is to get off at the other end. LOL It doesn't matter if the flight is economy or business class it is always very dry air and boring!

Ladies, before you leave home, moisturise from top to toe...made a he'll of a difference from the other trips I have done, no nasty flaking skin and felt good.

We take our full size pillows on board regardless of the cabin we fly in, they a life savers and I don't care if people look at me strangely, I am strange:rotfl2:

Headphones or ear plugs....just have them.

Label everything incase you forget them, paint them with dots, do something to identify them and make them bright. I did this and saved dh leaving his noise canceling Sony headphones on the delta flight....:wave2:

Mop your floor at 4 am before you leave, this will ensure a god sleep:crazy2:

Just enjoy the chance to travel, as we are so blessed and so many can't.

Karen, glad I'm not the only one with pillows! Plan on taking the girls for the plane.

Already getting used to the no sleep, up most of the night last night with DD1 vomiting!

Not having kids laying all over me would do it but that's not going to happen for another 5-10 years.

Do you all have noise cancelling headphones for the whole family? I just bought my DH some Bose ones but at just under $400 buckeroos I'm not keen to get them for everyone. Ouch.

Is there a cheaper option? Like a much cheaper option :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter