What is your preferred vacation length?

Never been away from home on vacation more than 10 days. Hoping to expand on that in retirement. 10 days was fine, issue was, never had more than 4 weeks vacation when I was working. We preferred if possible to take a week of vacation every 3 months to get a break......as my wife put it......wo we did not "kill someone at work".
I was feel like you, but my husband LOVED to take 3 week long vacations because he felt like he truly got out of the day to day slog by taking it all at once. A lot of our trips involved spending some time with family so that minimized some of the expense.

Depends on where we are going . A trip to the Jersey shore can be 2 to 5 nights depending on the time of year ( staying in a hotel) . Most driving vacations on the East Coast could be 3 to 8 nights, depending on how far we're driving.
Trips to WDW( we fly) are 5 to 7 nights and to the West Coast at least 6 .
If we are going to the U.K. at least 8 nights.
We are both now retired, so vacation times may change in the next year or so.

I was feel like you, but my husband LOVED to take 3 week long vacations because he felt like he truly got out of the day to day slog by taking it all at once. A lot of our trips involved spending some time with family so that minimized some of the expense.
Well, family obligations usually ate up 2 weeks of vacation a year. One week to travel to Texas and Illinois every year. And my wife and I got enough seniority to get Christmas week off, we took that off since child care was often closed much of the week. Many in my field left TV to get into teaching so they could save a ton of money on child care by having the same 13-14 weeks a year their kid were out of school.

Eternity!

Oh wait, real answer? I'd probably say a week unless we are travelling to Europe/out of the country. We are on the SE coast of the USA.

We wouldn't do Florida under three weeks - this year we're doing five. I could easily do more weeks!
We don't take any time off other than public holidays during the year and save all our holiday time to take at once.
If we have a Monday off as a public holiday we'll pick somewhere as a quick get-away for the weekend - 3 nights in a nice hotel somewhere.
We've done a Caribbean cruise for two weeks and I could easily have done another week.
I've never been anywhere and wanted to come home early!

I've never been anywhere and wanted to come home early!

After reading your response, I can only think of one time we came home early and it was due to extreme illness. It was either fly home or Mexican hospital.

Vacations with our kids, maybe. They were a lot of work when they were younger. Now that we’re empty nesters, I live for vacations. I even love getting away on my own. Something about experiencing new places breathes new life into me.

if i am flying, i must have atleast 7 days. 1st and last day for travel,so i can enjoy my time.

My preferred would be 365 days, lol, but doable is 3-4 weeks. We live in the US. My husband is retired and I've always been a SAHM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter