What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I feel like a lot of things we see in legal dramas would've been taken care of in discovery, instead of a surprise in front of a judge/jury.

Also, people seem to be able to get around Los Angeles very quickly.
Don't forget legal issues that go from arrest to the conclusion of trial within what seems like weeks instead of the years it actually takes IRL.

Making a huge breakfast spread and you eat one strawberry and leave.

Yes, this! People aboandon food so often in movies and shows. I know they just got big, important news, but you're just going to leave your entire lunch? Ever hear of to-go?

I also liked a recent commercial, I think a GEICO maybe, where there was a jingle, "In movies, nobody ever says good bye on the phone!" 😄

Wealthy people always have a crystal decanter of booze with beautiful crystal glasses to go with it, sitting on a beautiful tray, readily available
in their home all the time - how many people actually do this :confused3
And then don't get me started about how many people have them in their office at work - to funny!!

In my career I have never heard someone say "I'm due in court" or "I will see you in court." I would mock someone for saying this but writers of legal dramas think it is part of the jargon.

Eat directly from a chinese food box, sometimes right from the fridge. I have literally never seen a single person do this in real life.
I've eaten Chinese food directly from the container (when I was single) and have certainly eaten leftovers directly from the fridge.

However I have not done a combination of the two.

The homes in Hallmark Christmas movies are always ridiculous.
Having watched Love it or List it Vancouver, I've never doubted that these houses in fact exist.

Eat directly from a chinese food box, sometimes right from the fridge. I have literally never seen a single person do this in real life.

I can honestly say I have done this many times, but only when I'm eating fried rice only.

School/work mornings on shows - everyone looks totally put together, the sun is shining, they sit down and have a long, leisurely breakfast with long conversations before getting out the door. Even when people are in a “hurry” to get out the door on shows they look totally put together. I think morning routines for most people start earlier (in the dark on many days!) and are more hectic. At least they are for us 🤣

Actually, I would think it would be the single people who would be doing that, LOL.

I don't (I don't get chinese food boxes) with any food though. I also don't drink directly from the milk/OJ carton.

School/work mornings on shows - everyone looks totally put together, the sun is shining, they sit down and have a long, leisurely breakfast with long conversations before getting out the door. Even when people are in a “hurry” to get out the door on shows they look totally put together. I think morning routines for most people start earlier (in the dark on many days!) and are more hectic. At least they are for us 🤣
Definitely this. I have not seen the sun in the morning for 25 years, it's not even up after I've been on the clock for half an hour in the winter.

My kids have also never seen the sun in the mornings after they started high school.

Also, people seem to be able to get around Los Angeles very quickly.
I've lived that. I have had people insist there is no way I could get from one place to another in Southern California in the time it took me. Of course, in LA, WHEN you are trying to get there makes the biggest difference, but also HOW you get there makes a difference.
I got from the Hertz Rental car lot at LAX to Disneyland, parked at the Disneyland Hotel, and were walking under the railroad tracks onto Main Street in an hour. But we left the airport at Noon. A Highway Patrolman friend who worked in Garden Grove for over 5 years suggested going 405 to 22, exiting at Harbor Boulevard, and heading north to the park. As he put it, that time of the day, there is no traffic that way, as opposed to any other route.
And years earlier I worked temporarily in LA, our hotel was next to the Comedy Store in Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. We rarely used the freeways, the surface streets were so much faster, but that was back in 1980.

I've done that before. When there was a 45-60 minute wait for a table at a dim sum place, we decided we would just order takeout and eat in the parking lot. We ate in our car right there. And yes I've eaten cold straight from the fridge. Especially if there were only a small amount of leftovers.

I feel like a lot of things we see in legal dramas would've been taken care of in discovery, instead of a surprise in front of a judge/jury.
Absolutely. Judges might allow a new witness who wasn't disclosed previously, but they would usually give the other side time to prepare for it. I've served on a few juries, and the last thing any judge wants is for either side to be unprepared.

Get in a fight every time you're close enough to the pool to fall in with a suit on.

You're not a Ewing until you get baptized in the pool.

Also they had decanters full of booze all over the place. Heck. If they ever showed JR going to the bathroom, he'd make a bourbon and branch while on the toilet.

Wait a minute. How did Cliff Barnes get into the Ewing Barbecue...... AGAIN!!!I You've only banned him 5 times now....

Last edited:
How about a police officer being involved in a shooting and going back on duty immediately. In the real world, there are lots of reports that standard procedure is that an officer goes on paid leave while the shooting is investigated. I guess those are movies, but Dirty Harry would have not been working on his case after shooting a perp.

Wealthy people always have a crystal decanter of booze with beautiful crystal glasses to go with it, sitting on a beautiful tray, readily available
in their home all the time - how many people actually do this :confused3
And then don't get me started about how many people have them in their office at work - to funny!!
My sister has one, it was my parents, Waterford, I don’t know if it has booze or not in it.

Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter