• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I carry a flashlight , just in case I need to get up in the night and the
little nightlight isn't bright enough.. I have "old" eyes..:D

this one would probably be for adults!

i bring those oil absorbing sheets that clean and clear or neutragena(sp?) put out. they have like 50 in a little box (so its really easy to just pop into a bag!) but they are great for just wiping off the oil from your face so you don't look all greasy and sweaty in your pics. they dont smudge makeup and from my experience they dont interfere with sunscreen. the sunscreen thing being mainly why i use them -- i hate having my face feel all greasy nasty after i apply faceblock!
Neutragena makes a "dry" sunscreen that I just love -- look for it.

Have to agree with Maxiesmom here. A little scary when people start cooking in the rooms. Really is a safety issue. Never know what that outlet is rated for, never know if the cord gets cut a bit during travel. Various other issues. Same thing with the toasters. You are in a building with a lot of people is it worth it to possibly disrupt their vacation with a smoke alarm or worse. Its only a week or two, leave the kitchen appliances at home and enjoy the time off.
I totally agree. I'm a DVC owner who never cooks in the room. It scares me half to death when I hear many people bringing in fry pans, hot plates, waffle irons, crockpots in DVC studios. I think about it every time I'm in a Villa.

I totally agree. I'm a DVC owner who never cooks in the room. It scares me half to death when I hear many people bringing in fry pans, hot plates, waffle irons, crockpots in DVC studios. I think about it every time I'm in a Villa.

We are DVC members as well and we take the opportunity to make at least breakfast in the room. It not only saves money, but it is one less meal I don't have to stress over being safe for my daughter who has major food allergies. It is nice for her to not have to eat the same thing every day but have the ability to have pancakes and french toast made safe for her.

We are DVC members as well and we take the opportunity to make at least breakfast in the room. It not only saves money, but it is one less meal I don't have to stress over being safe for my daughter who has major food allergies. It is nice for her to not have to eat the same thing every day but have the ability to have pancakes and french toast made safe for her.

I think the villas are great too. Cooking in the room saves a ton of money. But I would only ever use the appliances provided. That way if there is a fire, the blame is on them. And not on the person who brought in their 25 year old skillet. :crazy2:

I think the villas are great too. Cooking in the room saves a ton of money. But I would only ever use the appliances provided. That way if there is a fire, the blame is on them. And not on the person who brought in their 25 year old skillet. :crazy2:
We fly from Alaska, so I would never waste weight on a skillet :P

I drink only black iced coffee. I make it at home (DD) and sometimes I buy it on the weekends. I always order a large iced coffee from DD and keep the plastic cups and tops and take an extra straw or two. When its time for vacation, I pack enough cups and staws for each day during the trip. This way I make the coffee in the room and put it in the DD cup. I can take it to the parks. When done, I just throw the cup away.

I believe they stop making those awesome sheets:headache: I used my last ones last July
on our cruise.. I'll take pods this time and I will carry them in a baggie as well as a small
plastic container with a lid.:yay:

I always bring a pump hand soap for the room. Easier to wash hands with instead of that tiny bar soap.

I like whoever wrote about the to go lids to catch the ice cream or popsicle drips. definitely going to try that for my son this trip!

One thing I forgot to add to my list, was a sachet bag for the bathroom.
I get them at AC Moore for a dollar and they do freshen the bathroom,:flower1:

Regardless of the weather forecast I always bring a disposable poncho and a ziplock bag for my phone just in case. Had more than one time when the forecast was 0% chance of rain and along came a brief but powerful thunderstorm!

We're bringing our Keurig and toaster for breakfast... why not save $10 a day on breakfast and not have to fight the crowds for subpar coffee? :P A few other oddities- we bring our laptop and removable hard drive with 'our shows' on it so we have something to fall asleep too... Downy wrinkle releaser so we don't need to iron... an extra battery pack for our phones... wine, corkscrew, and to go cups for the pool... our own pillows... we drive so can afford to bring any little comfort from home we want- except our furryboo :/ 4 days cannot wait!!!

a clear shower curtain liner if you have a stroller. If it rains, you can cover the stroller with the liner. I read it here in another thread before our last trip 2 years ago and it worked for us. Kept the stroller dry.

We're bringing our Keurig and toaster for breakfast... why not save $10 a day on breakfast and not have to fight the crowds for subpar coffee? :P A few other oddities- we bring our laptop and removable hard drive with 'our shows' on it so we have something to fall asleep too... Downy wrinkle releaser so we don't need to iron... an extra battery pack for our phones... wine, corkscrew, and to go cups for the pool... our own pillows... we drive so can afford to bring any little comfort from home we want- except our furryboo :/ 4 days cannot wait!!!

Why not? Because you are not supposed to bring cooking appliances along. That is why not. Disney provides toasters for guests to use in their food courts.

I'm new to these boards... I've been reading for days and I've got some great tips from this thread!! Thanks! The only "unusual" thing I'm planning on bringing on my next trip is not really so unusual, except in Florida in the middle of the summer. I learned on my last trip that I should have brought a sweatshirt for the room! My family definitely likes the AC a little cooler than I do, and I was freezing in our DVC villa. Thankfully my cousin brought a sweatshirt along, and I borrowed it for most evenings in the villa. I learned my lesson and now I always pack a sweatshirt on trips, even in the middle of the summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter