What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

We always bring all types of cold medicine, someone in our party seems to use it every year we have gone, heading out for our 5th trip in November.

We always bring all types of cold medicine, someone in our party seems to use it every year we have gone, heading out for our 5th trip in November.

Good call. Last trip, I had to shell out $13 for travel size Robitussin in the store at the resort :sad2:

Yes! Good advice. I always seem to get a cold or allergies while at Disney and was so thankful I had packed Zyrtec this last trip. :)

I buy blank return address labels and then fill out the addresses for people I plan to send postcards to before I leave. That way I can just slap the labels on and not spend time looking for the address and copying it down

The one thing I cant live without during our trips to the Food & Wine Fest are small camping stools. Not the giant ones, but the ones that collapse to about eight inches and can fit into a backpack. They're amazing! I got them on amazon for this specific purpose (and for parades, and long lines for the Eat to the Beat concerts) for about $7 each. They hold up to two hundred pounds and open to maybe twelve or fourteen inches tall. They weigh seriously less than a bottle of water. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Had to check these out over on Amazon, I bought a Coleman one that was $9 I think, pretty nifty!! Not too terribly light though maybe the same weight as a bottle of water, but smaller than I thought it would be! Even if I don't bring it to Disney I'll leave it in my car for sure, always some kids thing I forget to bring a chair to!

The one thing I cant live without during our trips to the Food & Wine Fest are small camping stools. Not the giant ones, but the ones that collapse to about eight inches and can fit into a backpack. They're amazing! I got them on amazon for this specific purpose (and for parades, and long lines for the Eat to the Beat concerts) for about $7 each. They hold up to two hundred pounds and open to maybe twelve or fourteen inches tall. They weigh seriously less than a bottle of water. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I'm kind of surprised they allow the stools, as it says on the Disney web site that folding chairs are not allowed. Maybe because they are so small they turn a blind eye to them?

I'm kind of surprised they allow the stools, as it says on the Disney web site that folding chairs are not allowed. Maybe because they are so small they turn a blind eye to them?

They are so low to the ground that it kind of looks like your squatting when you sit on it, and it folds up to be maybe 10x8 and less than an inch think, I can't imagine anyone bothing you about it although I guess technicall they could. I'd love to see someone with a full fledged lawn chair set up though, how funny! :beach:

Reactions: ffw
There are ALOT of great ideas in this thread. Thanks all!

I only have one essential to add. If you plan to go to Animal Kingdom, don't forget the hotdogs. The animals love hotdogs!

I only have one essential to add. If you plan to go to Animal Kingdom, don't forget the hotdogs. The animals love hotdogs!

on the OFF chance that you are not a troll.. of course you know not to feed the animals.

Not entirely true. The birds wouldn't take them until we cut them up. Flame Tree is the best place for bird feeding.

I saw this organizer in my Avon catalog and thought of everyone on here who brings the over the door shoe organizer:

http://shop.avon.com/product.aspx?pf_id=48889

Basically, it's an over the door all purpose organizer with different size pockets, some of which are clear, which makes it easier to better organize than with the shoe holders I think. $14.99!
This is on sale for $7.99 right now!

hoffmann2828 said:
What I do is take 1/2 empty everything!!! No problems with "expansion" and plenty for a week with three people. Then, if there is just a little left, it gets tossed before we come back. More room for souvenirs on the way home.

We do it with shampoo, body wash, etc. I also stop using my bath pouf when it's *almost* dead. Then I toss that too at Disney. Same with my deodorant. When I'm getting on the low side of my deodorant, I put it to the side for Disney and start a new one. You'd be surprised at how nice it is not to have to repack some of that wet stuff.

I do the same thing. My entire toiletry bag (with the exception of makeup and contacts) gets tossed after the trip.
It saves me weight in my luggage for Disney merchandise on our way back.

I can say the one thing I loved was bring a collapsable hamper. We drove, so left our laundry right in the hamper and brought it to the laundry room when we got home. Gave us room in our suit cases to put souvenirs in.

I would always pack disposable cameras. I would give one to each boy (making sure he didn't just snap pictures while looking inside his brothers' mouths, etc.) and let him take some pictures here and there of things important to him. It was so much fun to develop the photos and see what things might catch their eyes! And if the camera was lost, not such a big deal ...

Deb

I would always pack disposable cameras. I would give one to each boy (making sure he didn't just snap pictures while looking inside his brothers' mouths, etc.) and let him take some pictures here and there of things important to him. It was so much fun to develop the photos and see what things might catch their eyes! And if the camera was lost, not such a big deal ... Deb

I can't find anywhere to get them developed...I have one from a trip two years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter