What is your least favourite type of Tattoo?

I am not a fan of any kind of tattoo. It is entirely the right of a person to do what they want to their body, but I don't find any tattoos attractive.

That's too bad. I have 16. All tasteful. I used to only have tattoos that could be seen only if I chose to have them seen. But, last year I bit the bullet and had a phrase tattooed on my inner forearm and recently spent $6000 on a Disney sleeve on my other arm (that's where the bulk of 16 are). It's Gaston, the Beast, Grumpy, Scar, the Tree of Life, The Castle, Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, the phrases "Let it Go" "Dead Men Tell No Tales" and "Welcome Foolish Mortals"

I think if you tried one, you might get hooked. And, I completely agree with a previous poster that they are, indeed, therapeutic.

That's too bad. I have 16. All tasteful. I used to only have tattoos that could be seen only if I chose to have them seen. But, last year I bit the bullet and had a phrase tattooed on my inner forearm and recently spent $6000 on a Disney sleeve on my other arm (that's where the bulk of 16 are). It's Gaston, the Beast, Grumpy, Scar, the Tree of Life, The Castle, Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, the phrases "Let it Go" "Dead Men Tell No Tales" and "Welcome Foolish Mortals"

I think if you tried one, you might get hooked. And, I completely agree with a previous poster that they are, indeed, therapeutic.
Rockbro: Yes, I was thinking particularly of it being therapeutic after surgery, but I know what you mean...

Some ppl do seem to fear getting hooked on tattoos.

Then, again, like you imply, others seem to enjoy getting hooked.

I guess that, whether she's hooked or a cleanskin, your dw is getting accustomed to all your new ink now...

And some people just think 99% of tattoos look tacky. I've seen a lot of people with tattoos. I have yet to see a single tattoo, no matter how small, intricate, or well done that has made think, even for a second, "Oh, that looks cool, maybe I should consider it."

I don't know why you get so defensive when others say they don't like tattoos. You do you.

Rockbro: Yes, I was thinking particularly of it being therapeutic after surgery, but I know what you mean...

Then, again, like you imply, others seem to enjoy getting hooked.

I guess that, whether she's hooked or a cleanskin, your dw is getting accustomed to all your new ink now...

My wife does not have anything, and she really didn't want me getting anymore 11 years ago, but she finally gave up the fight and accepted my "addiction" :) Please understand, I do not look like a "thug" in any way, shape or form.

The funny thing is: when I asked why she didn't object to the sleeve, she responded "You're just going to do what you want to do and I wanted to have some input on the design." :)

And some people just think 99% of tattoos look tacky. I've seen a lot of people with tattoos. I have yet to see a single tattoo, no matter how small, intricate, or well done that has made think, even for a second, "Oh, that looks cool, maybe I should consider it."

I don't know why you get so defensive when others say they don't like tattoos. You do you.

Defensive versus offensive... take a look in the mirror.

Defensive versus offensive... take a look in the mirror.
But why do you care what I think? Yes, I think tattoos are tacky. Very few look good IMO. So how exactly does that affect you or anyone else with a tattoo? Why even try to convince me I'm "wrong"?

If you like your tattoos, it shouldn't matter what I think and what I post on an internet message board. Get your entire body covered for all I care. Yes, you will be judged by people. EVERYONE is judged. They're judged on their height, their weight, their proportions, hair volume, hair color, the clothes they are wearing, and many others.

But why do you care what I think? Yes, I think tattoos are tacky. Very few look good IMO. So how exactly does that affect you or anyone else with a tattoo? Why even try to convince me I'm "wrong"?

If you like your tattoos, it shouldn't matter what I think and what I post on an internet message board. Get your entire body covered for all I care. Yes, you will be judged by people. EVERYONE is judged. They're judged on their height, their weight, their proportions, hair volume, hair color, the clothes they are wearing, and many others.

I care what people think because I try to present myself in the best possible manner. Look, we got off on the wrong foot because of your responses to my challenge thread. I thought they were disrespectful. I am going to hit a reset and start over.

You are completely correct. People ARE judged. And honestly, I can sometimes be the worst offender. I know that people judge me and think that I'm something I'm not when they see the sleeve. But I also have gotten dozens of compliments on it (many from cast members). Let's start over and be best friends :)

My wife does not have anything, and she really didn't want me getting anymore 11 years ago, but she finally gave up the fight and accepted my "addiction" :) Please understand, I do not look like a "thug" in any way, shape or form.

The funny thing is: when I asked why she didn't object to the sleeve, she responded "You're just going to do what you want to do and I wanted to have some input on the design." :)
Rockbro: Well, it varies hugely, doesn't it? sometimes - like expecially years ago - it's the husband that is thoroughly inked while his wife isn't; but not unusually now sometimes the wife will have more ink that her husband; it's become such a woman thing todo also now and there wouldn't have been the great increase in parlor businesses if this were not the case. Everyone is different, though...

Rockbro: Well, it varies hugely, doesn't it? sometimes - like expecially years ago - it's the husband that is thoroughly inked while his wife isn't; but not unusually now sometimes the wife will have more ink that her husband; it's become such a woman thing to do also now and there wouldn't have been the great increase in parlor businesses if this were not the case. Everyone is different, though...
You’ve said this more than once and I’m wondering if you can elaborate.

You’ve said this more than once and I’m wondering if you can elaborate.

Hi C&Jx2: Simply that the statistical evidence is apparently out there that - a I read someplace - 59% - 70% or more of tattoo parlor clients in North America now are female.

Quotes also from different sources about various demographics (such as military wives, nurses or Bible Belt church women) - which I suppose I could try to dig up - would tend to bear out that the preponderance of the tattooed seems sometimes not only significant but also almost overwhelming.

I have a big scar on my shoulder from the surgery I had to repair my broken arm with a titanium rod. I've been contemplating getting a tattoo under it to sort of celebrate the fact that I came through it a stronger person. Not sure what, though. I thought about just the word 'Strength' underneath the tattoo and maybe some vines with thorns intertwining around the scar.

I think if you want to limit your career, go get a tattoo. Some companies are more open to it today. But a lot still aren’t.

Of course, I remember when everyone was rushing out to get tramp stamps. And then they all rushed years later to have them removed.

her mother (also my cousin) told her she could go.

BlueStarryHat: Clearly not a few moms are perfectly okay with it (esp. if they themeselves have already gotten inkings).

I have two places I go, and they both require you to practically jump through hoops before they tattoo you, which is how it should be.
Yes, sounds like you yourself as someone experienced have it done carefully and deliberately with good planning.

Re. also the 'strength' ink project, wording designs are certainly getting popular, whether from personal mottos, Bible ref.s or verses, etc.

As I said before, each individual has the right to do to their body whatever they want. Personally, I think the human body is much more attractive when it is not covered is ink or any other excessive adornments. I'm not even big on excessive makeup. I'm not terribly fond of unnatural looking hair colors. Call me old fashioned. That's just my opinion.

Of course. What some tattoers do is high art. I just don't like one on my skin, that's all. I don't mind seeing one on another though. Just the type I mentioned I really dislike.
La Stilla: Like you implied before, there's wisdom in not rushing into it, but instead planning it well over plenty of time before making the 'first ink' life event parlor appointment, isn't there?

Only have 1. Got a small TS way before it was dubbed that. Currently getting it removed. It's a long process that I started almost 2 years ago this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter