What is your favorite 'non-classic' disney movie?

OMG I love Newsies! Pre-Batman Christian Bale is much hotter than post-Batman. I loved Pete's Dragon growing up too. My favorite latest movie is WALL-E. I think it was very under rated. DH and I laughed the whole time, great movie.

Though I havent seen either one in years I've always liked Willie and the Yank and The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh.

Love that movie. I so wanted to be Haley Mills. I think that was my first movie with a romance:)

I loved "That Darn Cat"- the original.

"Escape to Witch Mountain"-the original.

"The Goofy Movie" makes me smile.

I LOVE "The Haunted Mansion".. I love Eddie Murphy
:cool1:

I really like The Nightmare Before Christmas. All of the effort that goes into Stop Motion animation is ridiculous (in a good way).

Treasure Planet is my most favorite animated Disney movie ever! How can such a masterpiece be one of the "black sheep" of Disney. Makes me so sad!

Newsies, also a very exspensive blunder to Disney, is my favorite movie of all time. How can anyone not like the singing and dancing and music and the fun of Newsies? I'm glad it has become a cult classic.

Other non-classic faves are A Goofy Movie, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, and Cinderella ('97 version).

I LOVE NEWSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put it on my Netflix queue all the time!!!

I loved "That Darn Cat"- the original.

"Escape to Witch Mountain"-the original.

"The Goofy Movie" makes me smile.

I LOVE "The Haunted Mansion".. I love Eddie Murphy
:cool1:

Ahhh!!! I love Haunted Mansion!!! I watch it all the time :goodvibes

and even though I don't like Lyndsey Lohan very much now, I really like Herbie Fully Loaded

My favorite movies are WALL-E and Treasure Planet. Last one - the most favorite. Classical plot, the bright heroes, grasping adventures....What is necessary for good film?

I don't know if anyone even remembers this one... it was a made for tv by Disney.

Love Leads The Way: A True Story

It's about a guy suddenly stuck with blindness and is given the use of one of the first seeing eye dogs.

I LOVE this movie, and have seen it many times, it always made me cry. :-)

As for a movie that is more well known, is The Parent Trap with Haley Mills. :-) That and Pollyanna.

Oh! And I loved the Gnome Mobile too. :-)

The first one that came to mind is:
ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELDER- we are HUGE baseball fans in my family and my kids were pretty young when it came out. I remember tearing up at the end. My dad was still teaching HS English at the tme and he showed this movie during summer school and had the kids write about it. I remember he told me they were all attentive and there were tears in his class too at the end!!

My favorite 'non-classic' disney movie are here.

A Goofy Movie
George of the Jungle
Tarzan
Beauty and the Beast
The Brave Little Toaster

George of the Jungle- I just love Lyle and his "handy Swahili phrase book" :lmao:
Meet the Robinsons- I didn't think I would like this as much as I did
The Haunted Mansion- Love the ride and the film, I know some people hated it but I liked it
The Emperors New Groove- just hysterical
The Rescuers Down Under- childhood favorite
Tower of Terror- okay, so this is a Disney Channel movie, but I thought it was cute

I LOVE Pollyana! I probably watched it at least once a month when I was a kid.

I liked some of those movies with Richard Todd--such as Robin Hood.
Is Darby O'Gill considered a classic? I liked that too. And Pollyana.
But you know--I liked almost ALL of the "old" Disney movies right through the 60's and early 70's.

Newsies

Three Musketeers (both Mickey and the Charlie Sheen versions;) )

Meet the Robinsons (I'm another one who didn't think I would like this as much as I did)

Rescuers Down Under (I saw this before I saw the original Rescuers, so it's always been the "original" to me :thumbsup2)

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad (we watch Ichabod at least once every few days around Halloween- along with Hocus Pocus, but I consider that one a well known "classic")

Bedknobs and Broomsticks (seriously, LOVE it)

Pete's Dragon (The "I Love You Too" song makes me :sad1:)

Flight of the Navigator :-)hippie::laughing:)

Operation Dumbo Drop (I was infatuated with Danny Glover as a child, so I also loved Angels in the Outfield)

The Wild (two words. . . Eddie Izzard)

ok. . . I think that's enough. . . though I'm sure I could keep going:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter