What is your Disney shameful secret?

"Laughing Place" is from the Song of the South and is played on Splash Mountain. Ya know... "Everybody has a laughing place, a laughing place, to go ho ho!" etc. etc. It's such a cute song and I love that part of the ride, especially in Disneyland! :)

I've never actually been on Splash Mountain. I know...I know. I just don't like to get wet. I usually avoid water rides. The times that I have actually decided to try Splash Mountain, I had my poncho ready, the ride was closed for refurbishment. Guess that's what I get for going during the winter months. HA! I do plan on riding it when I am back in June next year. It will be warm enough and I will be ready with my poncho. :thumbsup2

I think I may have cried on just about every ride/attraction I've been on at MK. For some reason being on main street doesn't really choke me up. It's riding HM or sitting in Philharmagic that makes me all weepy. Yes, even PoC and IaSM

I never went to Toontown since I never had a desire to see any characters. Kind of sad but I guess I had other priorities.

I'm so scared of someone in my party dying of a suprise heart condition on Mission Space that I won't even let anyone walk near it. 'Less intense' version, or otherwise. You are all BANNED:rotfl:

"Laughing Place" is from the Song of the South and is played on Splash Mountain. Ya know... "Everybody has a laughing place, a laughing place, to go ho ho!" etc. etc. It's such a cute song and I love that part of the ride, especially in Disneyland! :)

Here is a thread that discusses Song of the South
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40047797#post40047797

and here is the video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrAKhHcZM-Y

As I said, I think it is better to watch, critique and discuss rather than hide history. Song of the South reflects another time and place. A time and place that is relevant today for discussion. As history, we should critique and discuss as Disney film we should appreciate the technology it brought to film making, animated/live action combinations, color, song... and appreciate the music. If we throw it away, much is lost. ... like People not knowing about The Laughing Place.

Add me to the never seen Wishes list. I don't really count the times I've been on rides and could faintly hear fireworks as actually seeing it.

I've never been on Splash Mountain or BTMRR during the day; both have always been at night.

I might get blackballed by some people for this, but I don't like Dole Whips. (Way too sweet!)

I am too chicken butt to ride TOT, Rocking Roller coaster, amd Everest. I just conquered SM not too long ago. :rolleyes1

I have also never been to Tom Sawyer's Island.

I am too chicken butt to ride TOT, Rocking Roller coaster, amd Everest. I just conquered SM not too long ago. :rolleyes1

I have also never been to Tom Sawyer's Island.

I'm also chicken, plus I have a motion sickness problem. Well last year I decided to use Dramamine and ginger gum and ride some of the stuff I was too chicken to on my first trip, even though I was also terrified. Didn't do any roller coasters (too chicken!) but I did manage Splash and ToT. Splash was rough the first time because I was anticipating that drop and really freaking out and not enjoying the story. The second time was much more enjoyable. I felt pretty bold after that and decided to conquer ToT, which I then rode multiple times. It's scary, but thrilling scary, a great adrenaline rush :thumbsup2

I find turkey legs to be greasy and aweful (though they always smell really good). I also find Illuminations boring and I don't have a pair of mouse ears.

I cry at Disney commercials, I don't like Cindy, and I'm not a fan of the Jungle Cruise it just seems boring after the Safari :confused3

I have always loved going to Disney, I also really really enjoy taking my daughter and seeing the magic in her eyes....

My Disney secret is.... I really only go for ME :rotfl::rotfl: (my family/friends hound me for taking her so young, at 2 and now 4, saying she wont remember and etc.... and I'll i am thinking is... so what?? Its not for her, she just gets the perks of me wanting to go!!!)

This is so my Dh and me. We are taking our DD she will be 10 months when we go in May. As my DH said, we aren't taking her to WDW, she is just going with us meaning we aren't because we have her; she is getting to go because we want to.

I didn't like the Fantasmic show. Everyone else seemed to. We had to wait almost an hour for it then it just seemed to drag along. Also, I will not ever ride Stitches Great Escape ride.

I didn't like the Fantasmic show. Everyone else seemed to. We had to wait almost an hour for it then it just seemed to drag along. Also, I will not ever ride Stitches Great Escape ride.

I'm sort of in the same league with you, only thing is that I saw it once. I loved the show, but the hour long wait was tiresome and the ten thousand plus crowd in the theater really made me very nervous. I can't handle crowds in enclosed spaces very well. (Don't seem to have the latter problem in the parks, though.......)

I saw Fantasmic once and that was good for me. It's OK but I think I had more fun during the show warm up when the Cast Members had us doing to the wave and a bunch of other fun stuff. It was also freezing cold that night and we just wanted to get the show over with so we could go and get on the bus. :rotfl:

Fun topic to add things to:

1. Illuminations bores me, but I'll watch it because it's fireworks.
2. I hated the Broadway Version of The Lion King with the intensity of 100 burning suns.
3. I can't stand Minnie Mouse, I think she's a <nasty B word goes here>.
4. Technically, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island because DL changed the name to Pirate's Landing.
5. POTC = nap time.
6. Don't care about Bambi or Dumbo's Mother, but the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie and when Ariel says "I love you Daddy" makes me cry. buckets.
7. Don't care for DHS's Fantasmic, but will watch it only if I have priority seating.. see secret #1. (Disneyland's version is 100x better)
8. I actually liked the first High School Musical, even though there is a VERY VERY creepy message in it for anyone who understands musical theater.
9. I could ride Peter Pan's flight and Winnie The Pooh's Adventures all day long.
10. The opening of DL's Fantasmic, DL's Fireworks, DCA's World of Color, and MK's Fireworks all make me cry. buckets.

Fun topic to add things to:

1. Illuminations bores me, but I'll watch it because it's fireworks.
2. I hated the Broadway Version of The Lion King with the intensity of 100 burning suns.
3. I can't stand Minnie Mouse, I think she's a <nasty B word goes here>.
4. Technically, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island because DL changed the name to Pirate's Landing.
5. POTC = nap time.
6. Don't care about Bambi or Dumbo's Mother, but the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie and when Ariel says "I love you Daddy" makes me cry. buckets.
7. Don't care for DHS's Fantasmic, but will watch it only if I have priority seating.. see secret #1. (Disneyland's version is 100x better)
8. I actually liked the first High School Musical, even though there is a VERY VERY creepy message in it for anyone who understands musical theater.
9. I could ride Peter Pan's flight and Winnie The Pooh's Adventures all day long.
10. The opening of DL's Fantasmic, DL's Fireworks, DCA's World of Color, and MK's Fireworks all make me cry. buckets.

Now you've got me interested. Do tell. :surfweb:

Now you've got me interested. Do tell. :surfweb:

Well, if you know musical theater, MOST of the time the leads in a musical are romantic leads. Especially with the ones that tend to be put on by most high schools. Knowing that the premise of High School Musical is that the brother and sister are upset that they might lose the leads in the yearly musical... well.. i'll leave it at that. :eek:

Well, if you know musical theater, MOST of the time the leads in a musical are romantic leads. Especially with the ones that tend to be put on by most high schools. Knowing that the premise of High School Musical is that the brother and sister are upset that they might lose the leads in the yearly musical... well.. i'll leave it at that.

I had to debate with myself on if i should comment or not. Yes more often then not the leads are romantic interest, but there is NO rule about it being so, and there is NO hint of a romance with the bro and sister of the movie....

I think this is just the case of people reading into things that do not exsist. I know of many many many productions where the "leads" are not romantic interests, and even a few shows where there isnt a true "romance story" at all......

Sigh.... Now the Music Theatre Major shuts up ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter