What is your definition of crowded?

lateshartl

Earning My Ears
I keep reading about the spring break crowds. In my opinion when I hear the park is crowded, I think the wait times for most rides are an hour or more.

Half an hour to 45 minute wait times mean, to me, that the park is almost empty. Has anyone been to DL or DCA within the last month or so. How have the crowds really been? Wait times less than an hour?

I am just interested to know. We leave soon and I want to be prepared.

Thanks.

For me, the wait time related to crowd level depends on the ride. 30-45 minutes for Space Mountain=not all that crowded. If it's for BTM, that's pretty crowded (I rarely see BTM have more than 30 minute wait times on moderately crowded days). Of course, sometimes it doesn't look that crowded, but wait times are high or it looks crowded, but the wait times are short. I find Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters to be a pretty good indicator of crowds as it's a ride that appeals to everyone (POTC is another, but it's closed right now). If the waits are under 20 minutes, it's not crowded. If they're over 20 but under 45, moderately crowded. Over 45 minutes=it's packed.

Lines on most rides over 1 hour. If most ride lines are between 30 minutes and 59 minutes, it's moderate. If most ride lines are 30 minutes or less, the place is empty.

When the Fast pass tickets run out by 2:00pm for Space Mountain, when you have to wait in the Stand by line for 50 min or more at Indiana Jones, when the Stand by line is a 90 min wait at Splash mountain.

Just make sure you get Fast pass tickets for either one of those rides.

When I start wishing there was a fastpass for the bathroom , that is a busy day.

Hey, they could call it a fastpiss. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Can I say piss on DIS?

OMG..... Piss on Dis sounds like a good name for a Dr Seuss book.....

But I digress. Our last Veteran's Day trip was like that. Lines everywhere. It was only our good fastpass strategy that saved us.

:rotfl:

That was really funny until I realized that meant potential potty accidents for DS5, who tends to wait until the last minute to tell us he needs to go NOW. SERIOUSLY. When it's moderately crowded, is it a long wait for the bathrooms? Will definitely be quizzing him before getting in any long line!

DD17 and I were there last week 26 thru 28th. It was crowded. The only time it wasn't bad was Tuesday night. It was raining. Everyone seemed to be leaving and we decided to have fun (and get soaked!). We spent about 4-5 hours riding rides (only a couple were closed). We looked awful! But we made up for lost time. The only time we've been in crowds worse than this was last year at WDW (Easter week).

I actually don't mind too much if the lines are 30-45 minutes, but I think that line can be not too bad and the park still be crowded. I think it is worse when there are just tons of people eveywhere, making it difficult to get around.

Alex2kMommy said:
:rotfl:

That was really funny until I realized that meant potential potty accidents for DS5, who tends to wait until the last minute to tell us he needs to go NOW. SERIOUSLY. When it's moderately crowded, is it a long wait for the bathrooms? Will definitely be quizzing him before getting in any long line!

It is only when it is superbusy that we have had troubles with bathrooms.

My son would do the same thing. But at an early age I taught him travel and Disney potty rules. "You go when there is opportunity, not when you have to". I would make him promise before we left. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter