What is the most....

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
you've ever spent in one trip at Costco (minus appliance, furniture, tires, etc) in one trip?

I just went for once last trip before the business card expires (we are getting a more local store this summer and will get a personal card then) and spent nearly $300. i knew I would be stocking up on certain things. But never imagined it would spend that much.

We do BJ'S or Sam's Club... most I've spent is $250 or so...had gotten tax refund and decided to stock up. When you think about it, it's not that hard because they have EVERYTHING!! If my DH loosened the reigns, I could do $300 worth of damage easy...I would have to bring the truck to get it all home though lol

It's not hard to spend a lot in those types of places. At BJ's, if you get toilet paper and paper towels, that's running you about $50 right there, just in 2 items. If you get the generic brand, it's a little less, but the numbers still add up quick. In the end, it's worth it though to not have to get smaller amounts that would cost more by buying it routinely at the grocery store.

I spent $387 a few months ago but that did include our annual renewal fee ($55). We stocked up on meat and also bought kleenex, dishwasher tabs, two types of detergent and 6 or 7 bottles of pills. Not bad at all considering all we bought.

Last fall I got all the groceries to cater a wedding banquet. The bill was about $1,100.00 including striploin for 150 and I had two gigantic carts full. Not sure if that one counts and I virtually never shop at those bulk-type stores except when I'm cooking for a crowd.

I usually spend $150 at Costco. It’s just the two of us. If our kids still lived at home, it would be a lot more than 150.

When we used to live 10 minutes from Costco we’d go twice a month and spend about $300-400 each time. Now we live an hour an a half away and only go once every couple months, usually spend about $800-1000. We have teens.

I can spend more on a quick trip to Target. All we buy at Sam's is toilet paper, Diet Coke, fruit, chips, and some other snacks. But my favorite Sam's just recently closed so I've started doing the Amazon Subscribe and Save and I love it! I do miss the free samples, though. ;)

I don't know. But, my Executive Member rebate (visa card, plus the costco 2%) was close to $1000 last year. Let's just say I spend a LOT of money at Costco. LOL. $250-300 is pretty routine for me. If I spend less than a 100, it makes a big impression on me.

When we used to live 10 minutes from Costco we’d go twice a month and spend about $300-400 each time. Now we live an hour an a half away and only go once every couple months, usually spend about $800-1000. We have teens.
That has to be mountains of food - where do you store it all? I've never really had room to stockpile things and where we live now it would be completely impossible.

That has to be mountains of food - where do you store it all? I've never really had room to stockpile things and where we live now it would be completely impossible.
We have a stand up freezer and a fairly large pantry in the kitchen but we only store already opened food in the kitchen. We have two bedrooms on the main floor one master and the other one we use as the office and we use the office closet as a pantry, we put shelving in there. We also use the main floor linen closet to store extra paper towel and toilet paper. This house has more storage then I know what do with, drives me crazy cause my dh will just keep filling in all the spaces where I’m a tosser, I hate clutter and love to just throw things out.

Last edited:
I go to Costco every week and spend $150-250 depending on what I need and sales

Well, we bought our flat screen TV there, and I think that might have been close to $2000? Normally I only shop there once in a while though and probably spend about $60-$100. I love Costco though and sometimes shop online as well. The store is practically across the street from us.

Just my liquor portion of the bill is easily $150 each trip. I like their champagne and craft beer, plus I pick up the cheap bottles of wine for when family comes over (cheap but good!).

Just my liquor portion of the bill is easily $150 each trip. I like their champagne and craft beer, plus I pick up the cheap bottles of wine for when family comes over (cheap but good!).
Last week I found a liquor store that offered a 10% discount if I bought more than six bottles of Jack Daniels, I bought twelve.

Spent just under $250 today. It was just stuff--paper towels, detergent, etc. They have many interesting things like big TVs, computers, etc. but we end up just buying boring crap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter