What is the most expensive house currently on sale within 5 miles of yourself?

There is one listed at $3.5M and no, I wouldn't buy it (assuming I could afford it), due to the layout. But being in Canada means that there are lots of houses valued at or around $1M, it's rather crazy how expensive housing is here. I feel for my kids generation and believe they will be worse off than my wife and I.

In my little town it’s $899,999 but I’m sure there are several million+ homes within 5 miles of my house.

According to a google search, $18.5 M is the most expensive property in a 5 mile radius of here. Didn’t look at the sq ft or amenities but know it’s not one of those bizarre (IMO) needle tower apts since many of them cost substantially more.
I’m likely in my “forever” home that I recently renovated so no need to get R/E envy.

Last edited:
$28,995,000. It's a new build in a more expensive neighborhood which has lovely older homes.. This one is quite unattractive with bright gold fixtures everywhere and "interesting" finish choices. It is faux chateau.

$54,000,000
It's 24,000+ sq ft on 4+ acres, with a 14,000+ sq ft garage.
It's a bit more than 5 miles away, but not much.
Way more house, lot, garage than I would want... which is a good thing since barring a huge lotto win (and I don't play, so that's not happening) there's no way I could afford it. LOL

5.8 million. 8 acres and has an additional building with an indoor bball court, hot tub, indoor & outdoor pool, sauna, and some kind of golf & baseball sim.

And that's a big fat no.

$2.75 million. Been on the market for 3 months, price was cut a month ago from $3.19 million.

3 bedroom 3 bath 3,091 square foot house in a gated community. Owner paid $1.6 million for it 17 years ago.

Recently I was walking where I lived as a child, and I remembered the house where my childhood friend lived. His family and he moved to another city and sold this house for 300k. Now, 15 years later, I am walking around this neighborhood, and when I passed by this house where my childhood friend lived, I saw a sign about the sale of a house for 600k. Oh, this inflation

In my town it's about $900k. 3500 sq. ft. on almost 7 acres. I would like the land, the house is a bit dated. Within 5 miles, but the next town over there's one for $2.1 million. 10,000 sq. ft. on about 4 acres, way too much house for me.

14M and probably not, it is over 13000 sq ft so way too big for us.

As a comparison, the least expensive house currently on sale where I live is $700,000, only 975 sq ft, and is described as "one bathroom house does need work. A fixer-upper project, or take it down and build your dream home."

Ran into a friend who is a Realtor and asked her. She didn't know specifically but said homes selling for $4 million or more are rarely ever listed on the MLS so you never know they were ever for sale until they are sold and it becomes public record. Those houses usually are sold by Realtor who has a list of potential buyers on hand, so no need to advertise them in public as being for sale.

3.3 miles away is one for 7.75 million. And probably wouldn't ever buy it (if we won powerball or something). Would rather multiple homes up the coast...nice ones but cheaper than 7.75 mil.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter