• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the closest Beach to Disney area?

violet13

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip in November, want to visit the Beach when there, but which one??? We would like to go to the CLOSEST to Disney if possible. .....Where should we go and how far is it- in distance and time? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you all.

The closest is Cocoa Beach, as all the advertising in and around there will tell you. However, I think New Symnera Beach is a nicer beach, but watch out for sharks there.

I live near New Smyrna and I think this is all media hype. There is a stretch of beach that has been know for years to have sharks; it is the Ponce Inlet area of the beach which is pretty far away from the approach most often used by tourists. Last I heard, we are running about average on shark bites this year---the majority of them happen to surfers near the inlet and most bites are minor. Also, by November, the water will be so cool, that sharks should be no problem anyway. By then , the water will have dropped to about 72 degrees. The chance of being bit are slim.
One thing to keep in mind if you come here, driving is allowed on the beach during times of low tide and is shut down about 1 hour before and after high tide.

Cocoa is the closest beach. It is about 45 minutes away. We went there on our last trip and spent the day. If you go to Ron Jon's surf shop (can't miss it), there is a pier just behind it with public beach access and restrooms.

I was told by a friend that works at NASA that if you want commercial beach with the 'hype' to go to Cocoa Beach, where if you want a quiet, more relaxed family beach go to New Smyrna. We chose the latter and loved it.

It takes about an hour to get to New Smyrna from WDW... Daytona is just north of there, so I would guess it would not take too much longer. Sorry I can't be more specific!!

We just drove from Daytona Beach (where my father lives) to Orlando to go to Islands of Adventure. It took a little bit over an hour to make the drive. Not too bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter