What is the best souvenir in the World????

Welsh *Disney* Girlz

Mouseketeer
There are loads of souvenirs available in WDW, but what do you think is the best one?

We couldn't choose - pins are great but then again, having your silouette done or your picture drawn is totally unique. Serviettes are brilliant because they're free! But who can say no to a cuddly Pooh bear or Mickey mouse? ;)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've always thought that the pictures that I take are my best souvenirs - I can look at them over and over, and remember something with each one.

This trip I will probably buy another sweatshirt, too!!

Pictures that we take.

Then we buy a nice photo album usually at MK. I like they one with a medal medalian with black paper and silver or gold gel pin to write notes in the note space.

A memory.....when leaving MK last January after taking the ferry back to the parking lot, 10 yo DS began to cry. We had had an absolutely wonderful vacation and celebrated his birthday down there and he was sad thinking that this would probably be the last trip all 7 of us took together to Disney. Kids school schedules, my ending Grad. School and starting a FT job outside the home. kids starting work, sports, etc. Anyhow, the rest of the family pushed ahead to the car and I stopped with him and we turned around and watched the castle changing colors. As it went from orange to blue/purple I asked him to close his eyes with me and told him that we had just made a memory. From then on whenever he was having a bad day or just wanted to visit MK all he had to do was close his and eyes and remember. When he wanted to share it with me all he had to do was say "Mom remember" None of the other kids know about this and at least once a week he will say "Mom remember" to me.....some things are priceless!

We always have a family portrait done by one of the photo guys at whatever park we are visiting that particular year. Kind of neat to see how the kids grow. I also like pressed pennies.

:)

winniedapooh--

thanks for sharing your special memory, brought a tear to my eye!:D

Yes memories and pictures too but don't forget a special disneyworld picture album. Can't get these anywhere else I know of...........so glad I got one with hundred years of magic on it last November.

Also, I make everyday a Disney day with little reminders. My car has Minnie ears on the antenna, I have my morning coffee/tea in a character mug, we have Mickey icon flatware..........love that. This next trip I'll get a Tink dangler to hang somewhere.

Almost forgot my new thing.....I kept the lanyard intact with my favorite pins and use it as a big keychain. Works great to just hang it around my neck so my hands are free to hold kids hands getting them from school. All the school kids think I'm a cool mom now. :smooth:

I know my daughter's fav is her pink mouse ears with her name embroidered. Son's is a cool surfermickey tee shirt.

It's endless, I'd like a mickey waffler that does 4 at a time too (Santa???)

winniedapooh wow that is absolutely awesome.

Favorite souvenir = free mickey head hand soap

My son is the best souviner we ever got. Two years of trying nothing. One week at WDW and shazaam!

My favorites are the Mickey rain ponchos and mugs from CSR. I also like the CSR t-shirt I bought in the gift shop. Mickey is dressed as an explorer and he looks pretty cute! I usually buy a keychain as a souvenir from where I have been but I forgot to get one from WDW! I must go back!

I totally agree with the pictures. We've been twice with kids, and get a photo album each time.

When we talked about going back this year there was some feet dragging, but the fairy tale package was a great deal.

Anyway, I pulled out the photo album. My youngest was 2. It was wonderful looking at the pictures. Ihad organized them in order. The first days she did not like the charachters at all. Not even the face charachters. But by day 3, she was beating the 6YO, up to them.

To help convince my husband to go, I just sat the album out on the table. Looking at the pictures, made us both homesick for more disney.

My other pick, is a bank. We bought a really cool bank, that has plastic molded symbols from each park. We call it the Disney fund. Loose change adds up fast. We then turn the change into Disney $$. This turns into my kids spending money.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

I always put the kids on the mailbox at Mickey's house. I take a picture of them there each time we go. It is so neat to look back at 7 years of them on the mailbox. I think when we go back in a few weeks that my 7 year old is going to have stand next to the mailbox.:::: sniff, sniff:::: .

Jennifer

Another vote for a photo album here. They usually have the year on the front. Any you just stuff it full of your pics. Great to show off to friends and family.

But this year our favorite by far... THE MONORAIL.
Every time we set this up it brings us back.

Also the Epcot, Kidcot masks.

And the Golden Books we brought along to have the Characters Sign (these are pretty cool, Had each character "autograph" their book)

Oh and the T-shirts, Sweat shirt, Jackets, Puzzle, Charm Bracelet, Pooh Spinner, message Spinner, Mickey Balloon basketball, Cup from the All Stars, Tea Pot, Soap from the room, Mickey Bowls(forgot to bring bowls for our cereal... Kind of funny brought cereal to save a couple of bucks then paid $10 for 4 plastic bowls, but we do use them alot.),a Backpack, a purse, Epcot passport book, sticker, stickers, stickers, Big Mickey Gloves for our 1 y/o, A box full of Disney Potato Head pieces, some goofy watch thing. A foam baseball and bat, the pictures from MK entrance, and Chef Mickeys and MGM with Buzz & Woody. A couple of smashed pennies (thats going to be the big one for next year... I've already got rolled quarters and pennies ready for this) postcards signed by woody and buzz, leave a legacy photo, scrapbooking stuff, [Stuffed Shamu and Dolphin] A stuffed pooh bear, The free "1st Haircut" mickey ears, and pixie dust and certificates.

I'm sure I missed plenty. You know whats kind of funny about that, 2 of the 4 favorites I listed at the top... FREE. Interresting.

Autograph/Picture book was my favorite. I miss the place badly but will be home sooner than I think :jester:

I would have to agree about the pictures and mouse ears. Another one that we like is the Guest of Honor badges! You can have them personalized with your name if they do not already have it!

My girlfriend and I bought one of the disney "share the magic" scrap books and some of the scrap book materials. A month after we returned we were able to relive all of our memories when creating the scrapbook.

My favourite souvenir is a pin - it's a Mickey head with a Canadian flag design. Makes me feel patriotic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter