• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the advantage of Minnie van over Uber?

Curious if you can schedule a Minnie Van in advance through the app. If I knew I wanted to be picked up at 8am at BCV on a certain day, could I schedule that the evening before or even right when I woke up in the morning? Or is it first come first serve on the app?
No, they are on demand only

Curious if you can schedule a Minnie Van in advance through the app. If I knew I wanted to be picked up at 8am at BCV on a certain day, could I schedule that the evening before or even right when I woke up in the morning? Or is it first come first serve on the app?
You can pre-schedule Uber or Lyft, but I don't recommend doing that. First of all, at 8 AM there will be plenty of Uber/Lyft vehicles available. But more important, pre-scheduled rides tend to get dispatched way early and often result in $10 cancellation fees because the driver arrives before you are ready to leave.

If you are unable to get a Minnie Van, you will still have Uber/Lyft as a backup and with good availability just ordering the regular way.

No, they are on demand only

Be aware that availability can be difficult. We tried it on a Tuesday morning at Boardwalk to go to AKL for a Boma breakfast, it timed out looking for a driver twice. We then just used Uber. Then on Wednesday night, we wanted to go to GF to see the decorations, again timed out twice. We used Uber again.

will the Minnie vans pick up off site ?

No, on site only.

will the Minnie vans pick up off site ?
MV will not pick up offsite, nor will they TAKE YOU offsite. It's strictly Disney to Disney, because one of the main purposes of most of WDW's transportation system is to keep you ONsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter