what is a MUST fastpass for this time period

npoon

Mouseketeer
I am going on November 3 and am just wondering about the line ups. if i really had to choose, what is a ride that a person MUST fastpass. based on the criteria that the regular standby line is REALLY long!!!
thanks

At Disneyland it's really a trifecta of great choices, based on personal preference.

Space Mtn is still, I think, the hot early Fast Pass for the majority of Guests, but Indy and Splash are still very popular most times of the day / week / year, especially on the weekends.
Fast Pass-wise and long lines thru the day-wise.

I'd say go for Space Mountain first.

Haunted Mansion Holiday will possibly have one of the longest lines in Disneyland though, and Fast Pass is running for Haunted Mansion Holiday.
But that's a good Fast Pass to get later in the afternoon if the Mansion line is still long.

At DCA, the hot early Fast Pass is still Soarin' Over California.
Then Tower of Terror...

Have fun! :sunny:

I agree with AD and would prioritize as follows. At DL:

1. Space Mtn
2. Indy
3. Splash
4. HMH
5. BTMRR

At DCA

1. Soarin
2. CA Screamin
3. Grizzly RR
4. Tower of Terror

In the summer I would list Splash ahead of Indy at DL.

From our experiences last week, splash was the first to run out, then indy, then buzz then space mountain. Space was pretty calm, usually 10-20 minutes and only a few times did it get to 30-35 minutes.

Remeber with splash you can do single riders. Many times though we found the FP line for space wasn't worth it as the 10-20 minute wait is actually inside the docking station and the FP line merges outside so you may save 5-10 minutes at most. The splash FP line is worth it. For buzz, if the doesn't have 100+ people waiting outside it's not worth it as they merge just as you enter the building.

Star tours probably had the least wait for FP. 1-3 minutes when it was a 15-20 minute standby wait. For DCA, soaring then tower of terror. FP for soaring would save you 10-20 minutes but you still will wait 10 minutes in the FP line or a bit longer. TofT FP was worthless unless alladin just got out and then it may be worth it, but 80% of the time FP bought you 1-2 minutes is all.

The water ride though may only cut 5-10 minutes, single rider is the best option for this ride, as with screaming (1-3 minute waits for those two rides as single rider). Don't forget malaboomer has a single rider line either.

If you get there early enough and you want to ride Space Mountain, just go on it right when you get there.. it'll be like a 10-15 minute wait and you can practically walk onto the ride.. everyone gets fast passes and no one wants to wait in the line.

I guess that's why the line for star tours was always empty. :) I guess that only leaves splash as the only other line that is FP all the way up to the loading zone?

Don't forget, Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin at DL and GRR at DCA are not (usually) hooked-up to the normal Fast Pass network and you can (usually) get Roger Rabbit and GRR Fast Passes immediately after getting any other Fast Passes from other FP attractions.

You (usually) don't have to wait the 2 hour (or specified time) window, to get Fast Passes on those two attractions, if you already hold Fast Passes.

That is... if those two attractions FP machines are even operational the day(s) you visit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter