what hits you first.

Aprilimgoing

Mouseketeer
So lets get going now.....When ariving in orlando what are the things that make you realise you are actually there .....for me its that warm air as you leave the airport...........The well manicured road sides in wdw, the large overhead signs that say "welcome to Epcot" ect. Having 50 different types of milk to choose from and that feeling of utter exhaustion on the first night when you want to eat but are so tired you just need to sleep.

I think we may have done this thread before, so sorry if we are repeating

I love the first ride -the little train in the airport,

looking out and you see palm trees, blue sky(hopefully) and hear;

Welcome to Orlando

YESSSS

I'm there

The Monorail at the Airport :)

Driving under the sign **Welcome to WDW** With Mickey and Minnie either side :)

The Cleanliness and neatness ;)

The Huge Billboards :)

Hearing my first "Have a nice day Ma'am!" :)

I want to be there NOW!!!

:)

Got to be that hot air as you come out of the airport
Heading to the parks its got to be the sign Welcome to Disney:)

Has to be the first US voices we hear, then the warm air and the different smells (has anyone else noticed the US smells different from home?);)

Ok i am having severe withdrawel symptoms and wish we were going soon!!!!!!!

Eda

For us it is the heat as you get off the plane.

Driving down the I4

The first glimpse of the Castle

The Monorail saying 'por favor mant...........'

Is now very depressed and wants to go to FL...:D:D:D

The monorail at the airport:)

The hot air:)

The huge billboards:)

The signs for the parks:)

three more weeks to go:D

the sports bag belonging to the person in front of you on the plane who leaps out of their seat in a desperate attempt to get off first!!!! :D

ok....it's probably the humidity then the size of the airport - but then the realisation that queues are looming.

The BEST bit just arriving is the monorail from air to land sides (McCoy airport that is) - I love that - a ride so soon and it's free!
:cool:

......... it hits me when I leave the airport - I'm always relieved to exit an aiport away from all the hassle and the flight, and just take in the different temperature, the sun, the blue sky, the plants ........... and the difference in the roads - not least driving on the other side!!
......... but I love driving into the WDW area! The arch over the road welcoming you to WDW with the characters on it, and the thick forest of trees on either side.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm........... roll on May!

I always offer up a little prayer and shed a tear as the wheels of the plane touchdown at MCO (I'm a tad scared of flying!) - we are really here! Next it's the sub-tropical climate - that humidity that hits you and what we call 'The Florida Smell'. Then the drive from the airport - that somewhere 4500 miles from home can be so familiar never fails to overwhelm me.

And I always cry at the sight of my first WDW landmark each trip (Spaceship Earth, etc). The first time it happened dds thought I'd stubbed my toe - now they just laugh at me!

The warm air when getting off the plane
Driving down the I4
But most of all it has got to be my first glimpse of the castle at Magic Kingdom.

Can't wait until October.:)

The warm air when getting off the plane.
Driving on the I4
But the best thing for me is my first glimpse of the castle at Magic Kingdom.

Can't wait for October.

This might appear twice - having trouble replying to threads. :mad: :mad:

Come back UK Dis all is forgiven!

Just getting in that car and driving down the WRONG side of the road.....LOL

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter