• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

Adding in the gingerbread shingles from GF at Christmas. I'd rather have ACTUAL shingles than eat another one of those foul things. The only food item I've ever bought that went right in the trash after one bite...well two bites if DH's counts. He hated it too.

I have to get on the turkey leg haters bandwagon, just gross!

I love Dole Whip though!

Like some others, I LOVE this thread. I remember the one time I tried the grapefruit cake, I almost yelled in shock, "Everyone likes THIS?!" Even the server had to laugh and agree. It's OK, but nothing special, My only real dislike was also the lefske (or whatever it's called) in Norway. Oh, and the rice cream there. On the other hand, there used to be a strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove that's gone (as is Enchanted Grove, come to think of it). For me, that put the Dole Whips and citrus swirls to shame. I loved those.

I don't get the hype with this "soup". It is LITERALLY strawberries blended with heavy cream and sugar (I have the official recipe). You can make it at home in seconds. It's just a really fattening smoothie that you eat with a spoon.
I always thought it was melted strawberry ice cream!

Like some others, I LOVE this thread. I remember the one time I tried the grapefruit cake, I almost yelled in shock, "Everyone likes THIS?!" Even the server had to laugh and agree. It's OK, but nothing special, My only real dislike was also the lefske (or whatever it's called) in Norway. Oh, and the rice cream there. On the other hand, there used to be a strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove that's gone (as is Enchanted Grove, come to think of it). For me, that put the Dole Whips and citrus swirls to shame. I loved those.
The lefse and rice cream are the two items that I traditionally get for one meal while in Epcot. It's funny how different we all are.

Add another one for Dole Whip. Half melted and all around gross. My husband - who loves everything pineapple - even hated it.

And I haven't tried them, but refuse to try the turkey legs. They look gross enough that I have no desire to ever try one.

I thought of a few more - Columbia Harbour House. I'd been wanting to try it for a while and was so disappointed. The meal was nearly inedible.

And the Oreo Cupcake. I think I got it from the Boardwalk Bakery, but I tried a lot of cupcakes and can't remember if that was the exact location. It was adorable! But mushy and tasteless. And the Oreo had clearly been dipped in the chocolate hours earlier and was just gross.

Add in my vote for the grapefruit cake (and I like grapefruit!) and turkey legs (again, tasted like a gross ham)!

Man I am just on fire here...forgot the CRONUT. A croissant "donut" coated in cinnamon flavored sand. For real, the texture was abhorrent.

I'm not a fan of the food at BOG or the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Liked Ohana on my 2014 visit, but when I went back in 2016 I didn't like the food nearly as much and the service left much to be desired in terms of attitude and efficiency.

However, I do like grapefruit cake, cream cheese pretzels, zebra domes, and tonga toast.

Well maybe the dole whip on a hot day but I remember it tasting really chemical-y to me.
I once saw an ingredient list that purported to be for Dole whips, and the list matched your description. I'm somewhat neutral on the taste of the pineapple ones, and I preferred the orange ones that have been discontinued.

DH hated the juice at Tusker House. It didn't really appeal to me but I wasn't as repulsed as he was. If I'm being truthful, we hated the food there, too. I don't say it very often because people love it so much. It just wasn't for us at all.

The cream cheese pretzel was not good at all. I agree with the person that said it would be better if it was savory rather than sweet.

The drink in the pineapple at the Poly (Lapu Lapu?) was not my taste at all. Too boozy front and center. I like my adult beverages but if I wanted straight alcohol it would be in a glass, not a pineapple. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter