What else is around Disneyland Paris?

PineapplePrincessCA

Mouseketeer
I'm just starting out my DL Paris planning. I'm looking at hotels and getting to know the immediate area. What else is around the park? There is another amusement park? Walt Disney Studios? This is a separate admissions ticket? How close is it to DL?

Is there something like Downtown Disney where there are shops and restaurants?

What else, within walking distance to DL?

Does anybody have a link to the good, basic map that shows the specific area around DL?

Thanks.

The Disneyland Paris parks are right next door to each other, only a couple of minutes walk. The Disney Village is also in the same area. Once you have passed through security from the trains, buses or hotels you can walk between all 3 very easily. You can buy a 2 park ticket for not much more than the entrance to the main park. The Village has some shops and restaurants, but nothing like Disney Springs in WDW.
The Valle de Europe shopping centre is one stop on the train, a 20 min walk or short drive away with lots of large chain shops and a Sea life aquarium, restaurants and hotels.
You'd be best to look at the Disneyland Paris website for maps and more details.

I'm just starting out my DL Paris planning. I'm looking at hotels and getting to know the immediate area. What else is around the park? There is another amusement park? Walt Disney Studios? This is a separate admissions ticket? How close is it to DL?

Is there something like Downtown Disney where there are shops and restaurants?

What else, within walking distance to DL?

Does anybody have a link to the good, basic map that shows the specific area around DL?

Thanks.

Disneyland Resort in Paris is actually made up of 2 theme parks (Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Paris), the Downtown Disney shopping and restaurant district and 6 Disney owned and operated hotels. The entire property is much smaller than Walt Disney World and all of the Disney properties are all within walking distance of one another. The 2 parks face each other over an esplanade so you can walk back and forth between the parks easily. You can purchase a single admission with Park-Hopper privileges so you can go back and forth between the parks at will during your visit.

The Downtown Disney area is also walking distance on the other side of the train station from the 2 parks and then the hotels are on the other side of the Downtown Disney area.

I would encourage you to go to Google Maps or something similar and do a search for Disneyland Paris. https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...57faf8cb6310e660!8m2!3d48.8722344!4d2.7758079 It will give you a really great perspective on the relative position of each of the elements on the property. They are much closer together than you might expect, especially if you're used to WDW.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Thats a big help. I didn't even realize for the longest time that there were TWO parks! LOL

I've never been to Florida, but we've been pass holders at DL in California and have been there many, many times. It sounds a lot like the two parks there and the Downtown Disney area. Wow, I can't believe they have 6 Disney hotels! That's a lot, for only two parks.

Thanks so much! Thats a big help. I didn't even realize for the longest time that there were TWO parks! LOL

I've never been to Florida, but we've been pass holders at DL in California and have been there many, many times. It sounds a lot like the two parks there and the Downtown Disney area. Wow, I can't believe they have 6 Disney hotels! That's a lot, for only two parks.

Disneyland Paris is alot like Disneyland California but its also very very different.

Its Frenchiefied Disney, an American style park with the cultural, social and behavioural aspects of France and central Europe.

Yes there are 2 parks and its like California, the 2 parks are beside each other and people park hop multiple times per day.

BUT Disney Studios can not be compared to California Adventures. Its more like ahalf day park, where as you could spend a full day in California Adventures and see not see everything.

Dont expect California Disneyland to be scooped up, made smaller and transported to France. Disneyland Paris is it own unique park, with its character. Go with an open mind, to experience something familiar but yet different.

At the Val d'Europe mall there is also an outlet village, its high end labels, Longchamp, Coach, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, Gucci, etc. You can also catch the train directly from Disneyland into Paris, it takes around 40 minutes. We've just come back from 6 nights staying close to the shopping mall and walking up to the theme parks. There was plenty to keep us occupied!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter