• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think about DVC'rs getting

NJmouse

DIS Veteran
a extra discount on park tickets now that EE is gone and they parks are closing earlier? I was telling DH about the fact that EE is gone and the parks are closing earlier. He said "yeah? Did they also lower the park tickets?" I thought about it and figured they are still getting the same price for tickets and giving us less hours(closing early). What's everyone (DVC'rs) elses take on this?
I changed my idea about EE because in a sense we (DH and myself) do not use the EE that much but like to stay later in the parks. We do not use Eticket nights. Not worth the extra money to us.

I think that would be a great idea. However, I'm sure there will be people on here telling you that we don't deserve any preferential treatment.

Ok, I didn't think we as DVC'rs should get preferrential treatment but what about the others who stay on property? I just wanted DVC'rs point of view on this, their thoughts and ideas. I am not trying to make this a debate either. Just want suggestions for other means of making it worth the value of the ticket. Maybe coupons for a free soda everyday we are there or maybe a Hotdog or Hamburger. I am not saying give us a free lunch someplaces are expensive. Maybe just a Mickey Ice Cream. I would be happy with that everyday of my visit.:bounce:

Everyone will say yes they want a DVC park ticket discount.
Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

NJ Mouse....I'm sorry I didn't make myself very clear.

I DEFINITELY would want the discount. It just seems like when threads like this start there are always those few people that feel because you spend money to buy something you shouldn't get anymore than somebody that didn't spend the money.

I'm NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!! Afterall I'm still irked by the lack of shampoo and conditioner they give out at the start of your trip.

Reduced tickets prices would be a HUGE perk and would make me very happy. Don't get me wrong I'm already satisfied with the 10% discount on Unlimited Park Hoppers but it never hurts to get more of a discount!!

:D

We DVC'ers may go the most often but we are certainly are minority compared to the total park attendence. We are going to OkW the last of November and I am still waiting for Disney to post the November park hours. As of today (10/26) they have not.
I would like to know the hours and what parades etc. so we can arrive with a plan and decide when to make PS at some restaurants.
Disney ulitmately is going to do what is best for Disney. They are taking a big hit along with many others since 9/11.

Figaro I wasn't mad at you. Just wanted to clear my thought up before anyone else decided to make it a debate. No harm taken.

I would be satisfied if my DVC membership got me the same discounts as my Disney Club card. They wouldn't have to send me the magazine.

I don't care about early entry so...it being taken away is no biggie. In a way I suspect my attitude was probably shared by large enough numbers of guests that Disney is more than safe enough in taking it away. After all a vacation is for sleeping in.

By the way you do the same thing to me at a ski resort & I'd be screaming.

The following opinion is not meant to anger anyone. I just had to get this off my chest:

How much extra in dues are you willing to pay in order to get a discount on tickets? Because that's what has to happen in order for DVC members to get "perks" from Disney. Remember that DVC had to pay Disney for all those "free" passes that some of us received. If we demand special treatment or perks, some of us will make out better than others. It all averages out in the long run.

Another analogy is that our community went from flat rate sewer billing to metered billing a few years ago. Everyone thought that they would be saving big bucks only to find that, in the end, the sewage company still collected the same number of dollars with metered billing as they did with flat rate billing. The result was that half of the people were overjoyed that their rates went down while the other half complained bitterly that their rates had actually increased.

So be careful what you wish for. You might get it (and the increased dues to pay for it).

I think DVCr's would not be rebelling behind your dh's statement. The premise (or at least by Disney) is that most DVCr's do not hurry into the parks like first or only timers do!

We are part of that way of thinking. With over 20 trips under my belt, I haven't wanted or used an EE yet! I don't plan on it either. If there's something I want to see, I just do. The only early morning event that my family would like to take is a Cindy's breakfast, but that's too difficult to get.

Sorry that we do not feel the same way.

Have a DVC day!

hi: it's a nice idea for everyone to get reduced park tickets due to the reduced hours; however, should the people who go during the "peak" times have to pay more for the extended hours? it seems like it would be an accounting nightmare and a lot more confusing. we haven't used ee since about 95 and don't miss it. e-nights (especially with teens) are rather nice, but if they have to eliminate them and there's shorter lines during the shorter hours, it will be fine.

The concept of reduced park pass prices during non-peak season is used at Disneyland Paris. I agree that this would/could be an accounting nightmare, but it might work to lure more folks down to WDW during the off season.

Originally posted by Towncrier
How much extra in dues are you willing to pay in order to get a discount on tickets? Because that's what has to happen in order for DVC members to get "perks" from Disney. Remember that DVC had to pay Disney for all those "free" passes that some of us received. If we demand special treatment or perks, some of us will make out better than others. It all averages out in the long run.
Actually, perks are not necessarily funded out of dues. The services and benefits that we receive as DVC members are funded in three different ways:
  • DVC Dues. All DVC resort operating expenses are funded by our dues. Landscaping, shampoo, housekeeping, replacing broken dishes, bus transportaion, cable TV service, electricity, Member Services' "800" telephone expenses, Member Services staff, security, reserve funds... the list goes on and on. If members were to get high-end shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, body lotion, after-bath splash and other "free" sundries in our rooms (instead of basic bar soap and shampoo), they wouldn't be free at all -- we'd be paying for them through out dues. If I want fancy toiletries, I'd rather buy by own.
  • DVD / DVD Sales & Marketing. Those "free" passes that early OKW buyers received weren't paid by DVC dues. Disney Vacation Development negotiated a purchase agreement with theme park operations to provide the Limited Park Admission program to those DVC members through 1999 as a sales incentive. More recently, DVC members were sent free DVC license plates as an attention grabber to get referrals; that was a marketing expense, not an operating expense.
  • "Mutual Benefit." Perks such as 20% off at most Swan & Dolphin restaurants and various other discount programs aren't paid for by dues. Instead, the business entity offerering the discount sees DVC members as a large potential market. By offering a discount the business entity can increase sales, and the DVC members are happy to get better values.
Any park pass discounts would need to be justified as mutually beneficial. If DVC management could convince theme park management that they would ultimately make more money by offering better discounts to DVC members, we would get such discounts. If theme park management just thinks that DVC members would buy the same number of passes but pay less for them, we'll won't get better discounts. (I don't think anyone has suggested that theme park pass discounts should be funded through DVC dues.)

As I understand EE. It was a result of staying onsite. IMHO those recieving room discounts are getting a reduction in the price paid that included the perk of EE. EE has nothing to do with admission price. Let those who want EE pay rack rate. With the interest Disney will get on my money, I feel I have covered the cost over my 40+ years.

We don't use EE by the way.

Hmmm. When we did the DVC tour at HHI last week, the sales rep said DVC members got 10% off WDW admission. The other couple stopped her and asked for clarification. I would swear she said it was all tickets.

So, that's not true?

WeE get 10% off Length of Stay/UMP or whatever they are called.

Very well said Werner!! DVC members that are requesting a park discount want Theme Park Management to recognize us as "valued customers", and therefore offer an incentive for our continued patrionage. We were at YC in Oct., walked over and got our 20% discount at Palio's (at the Swan). The food was very good, and we will eat there in the future -- especially if the have a discount.

As far as park passes, I would like to see hourly use passes for DVC members. You buy so many hours of park usage and use the parks by the hour the same way you use a phone card. That admission style fits the DVC member so much better. No DVCer likes using up a whole day on a hopper to go to the park for just a couple of hours. Theme park management should keep in mind that DVCers generally are not commandos, as we know will be returning to WDW. However, Theme Park Management shouldn't take us for granted and assume we'll be visiting the Disney Parks each time we come to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter