What compensation would you expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read too fast, or was a post deleted? Where did Disidiots come from?
It’s still available for viewing via quote on page six towards the bottom if you hurry.
ETA- currently in the third post from the bottom. Also I was the poster that was quoted by the OP using the term “Disidiot” so take it for what it is.

You can't delete posts unless you are a moderator.

I was going to say - looks like the mods deleted it, since it is totally gone (rather than edited). And either no one quoted it or the mods deleted all the quoted ones too (I though I saw that it had been quoted, so assume that it was the latter).

I'm another who doesn't think that any compensation is owed. I've walked in on a couple (though not in bed), when a hotel accidentally gave me an already occupied room (actually, it's happened more than once, but the other time the other people weren't in the room). No compensation then either. And I now knock before entering my room for the first time - just in case.

Seriously! I've been here long enough to know what the Dissidiots would say, but I was curious to know what what the few reasonable posters would contribute. I appreciate their input. I was without internet access for a week so I couldn't begin an exchange with the owner until this week. Thanks for the laughs!

When you are dissing Disidiots, you really have to be impeccable in the post, as people might point out where you made errors.

So, you not only didn't put the DND sign out, didn't slide the deadbolt or flip lock into place, you also didn't handle the situation right away, in person, at check out? You waited a week to complain to the owner???

They did not knock. I was not asleep. Compensation is required in this case. That's how the business works. I don't feel ten dollars is enough and I wanted to hear opinions.

Why is compensation required? It seems that it was a mistake, I don't understand why you should be compensated. I think we have all made mistakes while at work, I mean we are all human.

You are sleeping and then two two men burst into your room where you are in your bed 4 feet away. And it's not a big deal to you? You are very strange.

It wouldn’t be a big deal to me either.

I wouldn’t expect any compensation. I find it strange to expect anything.

But I travel a lot. I know how to use the secondary room locks.

I'm going to put this question to my son in law who is an assistant GM for a large hotel and see what HE would do if this happened at his hotel.

I would be mortified if it happened to me, but probably not as mortified as the housekeepers who walked into an occupied room.

(S)he's apparently contacted them already - going back for more after taking the $10 discount. The owner is not responding nor would I beyond a brief "we thank you again for bringing this to our attention and apologize for your dissatisfaction".

I was quoting this:

I was without internet access for a week so I couldn't begin an exchange with the owner until this week.

I have had this happen at almost all of my stays in the past few years at Days Inn, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, - all the Choice Hotels. Its a bit disturbing and is making me want to switch hotel chains. If check out is 11am then NO ONE should be coming into my room until 11:01am. Period. I often stay up late and don't even get to bed until 5am. I have all my stuff packed and ready to go to the car when I get up at 10am-10:30am. I have never had to ask for additional time. But nearly every time in the past few years, this has happened to me. Glad to know its happening at other chains too. Lets me know the ones to avoid.

I have had this happen at almost all of my stays in the past few years at Days Inn, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, - all the Choice Hotels. Its a bit disturbing and is making me want to switch hotel chains. If check out is 11am then NO ONE should be coming into my room until 11:01am. Period. I often stay up late and don't even get to bed until 5am. I have all my stuff packed and ready to go to the car when I get up at 10am-10:30am. I have never had to ask for additional time. But nearly every time in the past few years, this has happened to me. Glad to know its happening at other chains too. Lets me know the ones to avoid.
Nobody's saying it isn't irksome, just that it's not the outrage the OP made it out to be. Curious - have you commented to management when it occurs and if so, has any compensation been offered?

Time for you to start using your safety lock and deadbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter