What company makes the sofa beds at BWV?

rie'smom

<font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y
Quite a while ago,someone posted the manufacturer of the sofa beds at BWV. Does anyone remember the name of the company? I love that you don't have to remove any of the cushions to open it.

Quite a while ago,someone posted the manufacturer of the sofa beds at BWV. Does anyone remember the name of the company? I love that you don't have to remove any of the cushions to open it.

Is this the type of sofa bed you are asking about?

2jesbjq.jpg

Those are not made by American Leather Furniture.

Here is the photo of the American Leather Furniture sofa.:

Lisben-2.jpg

It has the regular legs under it instead of using the back and seat cushions to support it.

The All Star Family Suites has the same type of foldout in I posted in the first photo.
(The DVC foldouts are prettier with a nicer fabric) and ever since I stayed there last September I have been searching for the manufacturer.
I would love to put one of these foldouts in my spare room.

I called Disney called and the fold out beds at the Family Suites and the DVC's are made exclusively for Disney.

The public cannot buy them.

Here is the story of my quest to find the manufacturer.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1236271&referrerid=&highlight=

If anyone finds a company that makes the fold outs (with the back and seat cushion support) please PM me or post the info on the resorts board.

I would appreciate it very much

Thanks!

I called BWV and spoke to Mark he said the company is called Logic Hospitality-www.logichospitality.com. The company is in talks with furniture companies to open this market to the public. Thanks for the replies everybody!

Are these new/replaced sofa beds or are they the originals? I ask because the one feature we preferred from BWV to SSR were the sofa beds - so easy to use!

TIA

I was just there,so it must be the replacements.

There has been some talk about whether or not they have all been replaced so I was wondering :)

Thanks!

I've been looking at sofa sleepers for several months now. Will probably buy the American Upholstery (same sofabed as American Leather, only in fabric). However, I found a sofabed that has a similar frame as the ones in the photo from minnie. Check out the selectcomfort sofabed link below. The sofa frame is made by Berkline, but the mattress is the type that is inflatable. You plug it in to run the air pump. It inflates in about 4 minutes to 100. Then you can back it down to whatever your "sleep number" is. Mine was about 75. There is a nice foam padding around the blow up chamber and on top of the mattress. It was VERY comfortable and did not feed like a blow-up type bed. They are on sale until the end of June for $1879 for a queen size. The queen size is a standard queen size (60x80). Many sofa beds are shorter. The mattress has straps that snap it to secure it to the bottom of the frame. The frame has a grid look like the photo, but I don't think it had the strapping at the foot end of the bed.

The only problem I had with this sofasleeper is that when you sit in the middle of the sofa you can feel the handle through the cushion. The cushions on each end were okay.

DH is concerned about the increased risk of something going wrong with this type of mattress (leakage, pump, etc). I looked on the Berkline website and they do not make sofasleepers for their own line of furniture. Only the sofa frame for the select sleep mattress company. The frame comes apart so it can be moved easily. The back comes apart from the sides and the bed frame can be unscrewed from the sides for easy moving or when moving to a space that requires a sharp turn.

The select comfort sofabed is available only at select stores. We have two of the stores where I live, but neither of them carry the sofabed. I made it a point to look at one during a recent vacation.

Keep the information coming. I'm trying to put off purchasing the American Upholstery sofabed until I can find out about the new ones at Disney.

http://www.selectcomfort.com/sofa_beds/sofa_beds.cfm

I called BWV and spoke to Mark he said the company is called Logic Hospitality-www.logichospitality.com. The company is in talks with furniture companies to open this market to the public. Thanks for the replies everybody!

Thank you so much for the info!

http://www.logichospitality.com/

That is the sofa fold out I was looking for!
I love the demo of how the sofa folds out.

I hope they put these fold out sofas on the market soom.
I so want to buy on for my spare room.

Thanks again.

CYA on the DIS!

I just called the company. The guy in charge,Kip, is at Disney right now! The very nice phone receptionist took my name and number. She said that Kip will get back next week and that either he or a member of his sales team will call me. So ,hopefully, next week, I'll have more info about availability.

Does anyone have any info on the mattress for the sofa sleeper? How thick? What is it made of (springs, foam, etc)?

Those of you who have slept on both the American Upholstery type and this new type, is there significant difference in comfort?

Does anyone have any info on the mattress for the sofa sleeper? How thick? What is it made of (springs, foam, etc)?

Those of you who have slept on both the American Upholstery type and this new type, is there significant difference in comfort?

I prefer the one from American, due to the fact that mattress if a very thick memory foam. The mattress on the other;while certainly better than the old kind was not very thick.

I prefer the one from American, due to the fact that mattress if a very thick memory foam. The mattress on the other;while certainly better than the old kind was not very thick.

It didn't appear very thick in the demo on their website. That's why I thought I would ask. I guess it would be easy to buy a 1-2" memory foam mattress topper to put on top of the mattress when using as a bed.

Another question about the American Upholstery sofabed. Was it difficult to put a fitted sheet on it? There is nothing for the sheet to fit around is there, since the foam is attached to the bottom? Or do you wrap the fitted sheet around the edge of the base?

It didn't appear very thick in the demo on their website. That's why I thought I would ask. I guess it would be easy to buy a 1-2" memory foam mattress topper to put on top of the mattress when using as a bed. .....

If felt quite thick and very comfortable to me when I laid down on it.
I currently have a pillowtop sleep number bed at home and I thought the pullout was very comfortable. I have a compressed spinal column which is very painful and most beds are very uncomfortable for me.However the way this bed folds out the back and seat cushion of the sofa helps to support the person/persons lying on the bed.
I never felt the need to add a topper. I thought it was fine just the way it is.

Another question about the American Upholstery sofabed. Was it difficult to put a fitted sheet on it? There is nothing for the sheet to fit around is there, since the foam is attached to the bottom? Or do you wrap the fitted sheet around the edge of the base?

We also have the one from American Upholstery/Leather with a fitted sheet. The mattress isn't attached to the bottom for about the last 4 " on the corners. I think it's delibrately set up that way so that we have no trouble putting on fitted sheets. And although DH is an extremely restless sleeper (we joked on our recent vacation that it looked like he tore every bed apart in the hotels), the fitted sheet never gets "undone". I slept on it for a week when our floors were being redone, and although I have a bad back, it was extremely comfortable.

The sheets and blanketsalso tuck in on the Logic Hospitality foldouts:

Here are the photos of the fold out I took:

9-26-2006-12.jpg

9-26-2006-14.jpg

I've been looking at sofa sleepers for several months now. Will probably buy the American Upholstery (same sofabed as American Leather, only in fabric). However, I found a sofabed that has a similar frame as the ones in the photo from minnie. Check out the selectcomfort sofabed link below. The sofa frame is made by Berkline, but the mattress is the type that is inflatable. You plug it in to run the air pump. It inflates in about 4 minutes to 100. Then you can back it down to whatever your "sleep number" is. Mine was about 75. There is a nice foam padding around the blow up chamber and on top of the mattress. It was VERY comfortable and did not feed like a blow-up type bed. They are on sale until the end of June for $1879 for a queen size. The queen size is a standard queen size (60x80). Many sofa beds are shorter. The mattress has straps that snap it to secure it to the bottom of the frame. The frame has a grid look like the photo, but I don't think it had the strapping at the foot end of the bed.

DH is concerned about the increased risk of something going wrong with this type of mattress (leakage, pump, etc). I looked on the Berkline website and they do not make sofasleepers for their own line of furniture. Only the sofa frame for the select sleep mattress company. The frame comes apart so it can be moved easily. The back comes apart from the sides and the bed frame can be unscrewed from the sides for easy moving or when moving to a space that requires a sharp turn.
http://www.selectcomfort.com/sofa_beds/sofa_beds.cfm

That's cool. I didn't know they made a sofa bed.... We have a Select Comfort bed at home and all I can say is I LOVE MY BED!! I can't tell you how often I wake up and don't want to get up 'cuz I am just SO-O comfortable - and it's meant the end of my back pain! I think it's been good for DH too - he used to toss & turn & rip the sheets off the corners of the bed...no more - we sleep snug as a bug in the rug!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter