• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What character meals or table service rest. are a "must" for you?

dance2874

DIS Veteran
We just booked our package for Sept and I want to do my dining reservations. I need to know what the 'must' places are, there are so many choices. I know we want to get some time with the princesses if we can, as we have a almost 4 yr old daughter...but other than that I am not sure how to spend my dining credits to get the best bang for my buck. I am thinking we will want one nice dinner and maybe the rest character stuff. Any suggestions? This will be my H's first trip and I havent been since 1998 so I am pretty excited myself! :cheer2:

Thanks!

Crystal palace and 1900 park fare...even without the characters, it's the best place for our family to eat. Great buffets. For TS they are the only ones we really want to repeat, everything else we are just as happy to have something new.

some other places we have eaten -
Chef Mickey, Akershus, Liberty whatever in MK, Garden Grill, Cinderellas RT, le Cellier, Coral Reef, Teppanyaki, 50's Prime time, fancy place at AKL, Ohanas, Concourse Steakhouse, Brown Derby

There was wonderful food at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for Breakfast. Liberty Tree Tavern was really good to for dinner. We ate dinner at Sci Fi Dine In theater, it was a great experience to see it but the food was not very good and I could not see my dinner to eat it. We also ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe and it was good also but we did not get a seat with the TV and it was not what I expected of it. We also had Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle and it was good and fun. We were glad our 4 year old daughter got to eat in Cinderella Castle and it was worth it for that one time but we used our disney dining plan and had to use 2 table service meals for the experience and we will not do it again. We are going back next year and want to try the Princess breakfast at Epcot (I can't remember the name right now) we have heard good things about it. We are definately going back to Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and the Liberty Tree Tavern (Chip and Dale were very funny here, our children loved it). We would like to try dinner at Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. We would also like to eat breakfast at Donald Breakfasaurus (sp?) at Animal Kingdom. We did not see Donald at any of our character breakfasts and would love to see him.

For us: Chef Mickey and California Grill. Also, we have a request to include 'Ohana

Chef Mickey - It's great food, fun atmosphere and it's in a resort so you can do it on a non-park day!

For us it's Chef Mickey's ... very very lively ( DH says it's a must do every time)! and Crystal Palace... ( I love the elegance)

We have to eat at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfast every trip. For TS, we love LeCellier and have ADRs there on two different nights for this trip.

My boys love Chef Mickeys. We once went with my cousins daughters to
the Norway Princess breakfast and we all really enjoyed it.
Prime Time is a must do everytrip. We also really enjoy LeCellier. My dh
must go to Bongos in downtown every trip.

Here's our short list:

Kona Cafe' for breakfast because a trip to Disney without Tonga Toast just isn't a trip at all! :)

Chef Mickey's.

Ohana's.

1900 Park Faire (great Princess interaction without the pain of getting CRT ressies).

Crystal Palace.

and finally, my favorite buffet on the planet, for breakfast OR dinner:

Boma's.

:)

dance2874 said:
We just booked our package for Sept and I want to do my dining reservations. I need to know what the 'must' places are, there are so many choices. I know we want to get some time with the princesses if we can, as we have a almost 4 yr old daughter...but other than that I am not sure how to spend my dining credits to get the best bang for my buck. I am thinking we will want one nice dinner and maybe the rest character stuff. Any suggestions? This will be my H's first trip and I havent been since 1998 so I am pretty excited myself! :cheer2:

Thanks!
For Princesses, there are two obvious choices. Norway and 1900 Park Fare. Both are excellent; we like them both better than CRT.

We do character dinners when we are on the dining plan because the food is much better, and it's a nice way to end the day...although I think DD4goingon24 might get too excited if we did Chef Mickey's right before bedtime.

Le Cellier is our only real MUST TS, but we're working our way through the other choices to see what else we like enough to do just about every time. You'll be very lucky to get Le Cellier for September, tho.

Boma is our 1 MUST.

We were very impressed with Crystal Palace on our May trip, so that may be added to the list.

We have eaten at Teppanyaki the last couple of trips and love that, too, but I would not plan our trip around it.

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is a "must" for CS.

JimMIA said:
For Princesses, there are two obvious choices. Norway and 1900 Park Fare. Both are excellent; we like them both better than CRT.

We do character dinners when we are on the dining plan because the food is much better, and it's a nice way to end the day...although I think DD4goingon24 might get too excited if we did Chef Mickey's right before bedtime.

Le Cellier is our only real MUST TS, but we're working our way through the other choices to see what else we like enough to do just about every time. You'll be very lucky to get Le Cellier for September, tho.

I was told by one CBR CM upon check-in 1900 Park Fare is the mostly "costly" (his word) of the character meals. The CM was referring to "cost", not "price". I realize we're only talking about food, but if the food quality is better I'll go out of my way.

I fully agree Le Cellier is a MUST DO TS. Oh, and by the way, we're going September 22nd for eight nights and got the ADRs we wanted there, both lunch and dinner. No problem whatsoever...

...maybe I'm living right this week...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter