What Character Meals for a 4yr. old girl & 8 yr. old boy?

Wendi

Wanna be at Disney World!
Hi!

I hope all you experts can help me with this. I have a friend that will be going to The Wilderness Lodge in a few months and we are wondering:

What Character meals would be the most suitable to entertain both a 4 year old girl & a 8 year old boy?

I have suggested Cape May Cafe that has Goofy, Chip, Dale and Pluto. I know that there are others, but; I am drawing a blank.

Please help. I want them to have a great time without overwhelming them.

Thank You so much,

Wendi ºoº

Chef Mickey's might be a good idea. You've got Chip, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. And the napkin twirling is always a blast.....:)

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian has Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and a friend for breakfast. Pooh and friends for dinner

Chef Mickeys has the same characters for breakfast and dinner.

Ohanas - not sure of the charachters here for breakfast only

In the parks,
Cinderella castle has the princesses for breakfast

Crystal Palace has Pooh and friends for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner - Minnie, chip, dale, goofy

Epcot
Garden Grill - lunch and dinner - Chip, Dale, not sure who else

Garden Grille at Epcot entertains both my 2.5 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. The restaurant revolves around the "Living with the Land" ride so you see plains Thunderstorms, deserts, bison, a farm, rain forest, etc. The characters are Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. It is a family style lunch with catfish, turkey, roast beef, green beans, mashed potatoes, bread, mac n'cheese, chicken fingers, etc. Dessert is also very good. This is our favorite character meal. Others we have done that are good are .... Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary breakfast (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale - the food and atmosphere are great, it is a close second ..... Crystal Palace lunch (Pooh and friends) - this is nice, but always seems crowded ..... Olivia's at Old Key West (Pooh and friends) - they have breakfast on certain days as a character meal - the food is great and you get to spend a lot of time with the characters, however, transportation to and from requires much bus switching unless you drive .... Park Fare at the Grand Floridian breakfast (Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Gepetto, and Peter Pan), the food is very good, we did this the morning before our son did the pirate cruise.

tampafan
The characters at 1900 park fare at the GF have changed to just UK based characters. They are now Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice, Pooh and a friend.

I also would vote for Cinderella's Castle for princesses. My family also likes Chef Mickey's for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale

If Pooh characters appeal to your kids, try Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare.

I've never done the Breakfastosauras at AK, but it sounds like fun, too.

::D We did Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner and Crystal Palace for breakfast. The food and characters at both were good. The characters at CP kept passing my DD by,maybe because she is a 2yo peanut, but one word to the manager and they all rushed over. Just be sure to tell your friend to prep the kids about how big the characters are. I told my DD they were big boys and girls like mommy and daddy and she did great.

My suggestion is Donalds breakfastosaurus at AK. It is really fun and the CM's are very entertaining. The charcters are Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto

Here's my vote:

Chef Mickey (DS enjoyed the dinner better than breakfast)Contemporary-Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Chip, Dale & Donald

Crystal Palace-Magic Kingdom- Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet

Garden Grill - Epcot- Chip, Dale, Pluto & Mickey

As a side note-Mickey's Backyard B'Q was a real hit with my DS (I believe it is at Fort Wilderness) I think it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale.

I'm 12 years old so I'll fill you in with my opinions. I think Cape May Cafe is a really great choice. The food at that buffet, is by far the very best and there is a wide selection. The characters that walk around look very cute in their beach-style clothing and the resort itself is beautiful just to be inside. It is a must-buffet on all my family's trips (we'll be at the BC in 3 days.. yea!) The buffet in Cinderella's Castle in the MK is certainly very amusing in terms of atmosphere for young kids. I went there when I was younger and loved it... I don't remember how good the food was but my mom's not a huge fan... I believe the food was served family-style, which is not one of our favorite ways to eat. The food wasn't very good quality in my mom's opinion, but it is worth it to just try it the first time to see how you like it... it's a very cute option if you find you personally like the food. We stayed at the Contemporary last year. Chef Mickey's is OK. The monorail whisks by and is great for kids, so I would try to not miss that one with young ones.. not a must for adults, though. Happy Dining!!! ;)

~~mariamouse~~

Thank You for all the helpful Ideas. I am forwarding this to my friend and maybe she will get some good Ideas of what will probably be more suitable for her children.
Thanks Again, Wendi ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter