• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your thoughts on a Rental car while staying at Universal?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
We've stayed 3 times onsite at WDW and never needed or wanted a car.

However, this time we will be moving over to Universal for the rest of our trip and staying 6 days. That means a lot of eating right there at either HRH or the parks. Are there enough "inexpensive" spots right there to eat so we don't go broke with 2 teenage sons??!!:D

You are close enough to the parks and City Walk that you will be able to eat at any of those restaurants or stands. Also, the Beach Club at HRH is a great place to eat. It is by the pool and the portions are large enough for teenage boys (I have one too). I recommend the chicken quesadillas. They were very good. I would rate the quality and value of meals at Universal above those at Disney, especially what is available in the parks. If you are an AAA member, remember to take your card with you. You will get 10% off at all park and City Walk restuarants.

We havent rented a car our last 2 trips. We havent eaten at the HRH, we usually eat breakfast and lunch at the parks and dinner at citywalk.

We are going back in 13 days!!!!!

Not renting a car this time either, we have "Yourride" picking us up at the airport.

Patty

We havent rented a car our last 2 trips. The only meal that we are at the HRH was at the Beach Club. That was great. We usually eat breakfast and lunch at the parks and dinner at citywalk.

We are going back in 13 days!!!!!

Not renting a car this time either, we have "Yourride" picking us up at the airport.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter