What are you looking forward to or hopeful for in 2023?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
What are you looking forward to or hopeful for in 2023?

For me:

- St. Louis City SC joins MLS.

- Hoping the Covid pandemic might be over (I really hope this becomes a reality).

- Hopeful Europe may be at peace.

- Minimum wage is going up.

- The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup happening that summer in the USA.

- The 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

- The new 2023 Leagues Cup.

- The 2023 Tour de France.

- The 2023 CCL and Concacaf/UEFA Nations League finals.

- The 2023 Super Bowl.

- The 2023 UCL final.

- Watching Olympic qualification beginning.

-Hoping for better gas prices.

I’m looking forward to two of our grandsons graduating high school in May, and they want a combined open house at our farm.

Also our daughter’s wedding (2nd) on September 17.

Also our oldest granddaughter’s wedding September 29. I get to be a “flower granny” in the wedding😁. And DH is to be the officiant 🙂

I’m looking forward to two of our grandsons graduating high school in May, and they want a combined open house at our farm.

Also our oldest granddaughter’s wedding September 29. I get to be a “flower granny” in the wedding😁. And DH is to be the officiant 🙂
Congratulations to them all. :-)

Good health and the opportunity to live our lives the way we would like to live them. Instead of everyday being controlled by my mother-in-law and my husband’s siblings who always need something. It never ends!

Older daughter's college graduation and finding out where she's going to end up for grad school.

A normal/social 4H fair experience after one cancellation, one really scaled down fair, and one weird independent fair because our club didn't survive the pandemic shutdowns.

My first long solo road trip since becoming a mom 25 years ago.

And hopefully a return to Europe for a London do-over during my daughter's spring break (turns out the city isn't much fun during a record-breaking heat wave!), if DD14 can get away long enough.

Looking forward to….
DD19’s first college softball season in the spring
DD19 and I taking our first mother/daughter trip to WDW
Having more pool time this summer (no more travel softball)

Hopeful for…..
DD19 stays injury free
Good health for all of us
My parents and my in-laws having another healthy year

what does open house have to do with graduating? Here an open house is when you are selling your home and they have an open house for people to walk through and look at it

what does open house have to do with graduating? Here an open house is when you are selling your home and they have an open house for people to walk through and look at it.

An open house is a kind of party. Guests can arrive any time during the hours of the party (say between 2 and 6). People come and go. Food and drinks are available (usually some kind of buffet).

Looking forward to start my own business next year.
My daughter will go to the kinder garden in May.
I am very excited to start working with the accounting services in Estonia as we are talking about that for a while and i rally believe it would save as a lot of cash.

Last edited:
Going back to work, probably. I'm still going to consider myself retired, and not go back to being a medical speech therapist, but it will be nice to get out of the house more. I'm thinking a part time grocery store type job, maybe. Hopefully four five hour days a week, to preserve 3 day weekends.

Also, going on a cruise. It's been too long.

what does open house have to do with graduating? Here an open house is when you are selling your home and they have an open house for people to walk through and look at it
High school graduation open houses have been popular here for many years. It is either held at your home or a venue (township hall, church basement, a park, etc.). Family and friend of the graduate are invited, usually the invites are included with the graduation announcement card. The parents of the graduate usually have a food buffet, and graduation cake. It usually runs 3-4 hours in the afternoon, or evening. Cards/money or gifts are generally given to the graduate.

As our two grandsons attend the same school and are very close friends it makes sense to have it here on our farm, since they have a lot of the same family and friends. I think the parents are planning a pig roast for it. Should be fun🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter