What are you doing with your developer points?

mikeandkarla

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have recently purchased SSR or AKV and took the double developer point option, What are you doing with your points? Extra unplanned trip, swapping out existing reservations, adding to existing trip (bigger room, longer stay), or renting them.

We used our developer points to change our ressie in Oct from a studio at SSR to a 1 bed at SSR. And we're also using them (along with some other points) for 2 1 bed. in Jan at BWV for us and my ILs.:cool1:

I used my points to book a 7 day cruise on the Magic in January!:cool1: I know it's not necessarily the best use of my points, but I didn't have enough vacation time to use up 320 points in the next year, and I've always wanted to try a Disney cruise.

We are using the 200 hundred developer points we got to replace a trip we had planned for sept, and banking the 100 we get in Aug (our UY) for a trip we are planning next Dec with family!!!

We did two things:
1) rented some points to help offset the cost (a better deal that 8$ off per point)
2) booked a 2-bedroom so we can take my parents as a 40th anniversary gift.

We re-allocated points to already booked trips.

With the points we'll be banking we'll be able to add a few days/weekends to next year.

We already had a free dining reservation at POP for September. Although it hurt to give up the free dining, we were sick of POP and ready for some deluxe living!! So, we cancelled that reservation and used our 320 developer points for 5 nights in a 1BR at BWV followed by a 3 night Wonder cruise (CAT 10). We paid cash for our 2 yr old on the cruise and used I think 11 of our 2007 points. We are SOOOOOOOO excited ~ we leave 4 weeks from today!!!!

2 WEEKS AT WDW IN FEB 08!!!!! We're splitting our stay betw 1 week in a 2BR at BWV (boardwalk view!), and 1 week in a 1 BR at BCV. I will be in HEAVEN!

We actually bought on Jan. 31st of this year...on our last day at WDW....and we didn't get the current promotion...but we bought a 300 point contract, got300 developer points THAT WE COULD HAVE BANKED AND NOT USED and our UY is Oct. Instead of banking any of the developer points we are going this month for 8 nights and then we used our 06 points.....anddddddddddddddddd WE ARE GOING IN NOV. FOR 8 nights.....WOOOOHOOOOO. Plus we still have plenty of points for 07 points.

We rented our 320 points. We will use that money to cover our 10% down payment and we will get a 4 day cruise also.

I added on 100 points and got 200 developer points. I'm using the developer points to pay for two weekend nights (for a 2BR) in Jan. (that i was going to pay cash for) and I also booked a studio for Jan. (there's a group of 10 gong down, so now I have accommodations for all). 95 of my points I added on I'll probably bank, since I've already borrowed my original points from my 08 UY.

I canceled my cash ressie and booked a 1 bedroom Villa at BWV for 9 nights. (maybe too long my DH says?) Also invited my sister and his DFi to come with us and I'm going to try to book them a room this week, *** soona s they tell me if they want to come down. I'm thinking I may rent out the remaidner of the points since I know I won't be going again before I can use them all.

We're swapping out with existing reservations and planning a family gathering next October. By banking, will also have plenty for dear daughters honeymoon celebration - yes, she's inviting us along!

I rented mine ... it brought my per point cost down to $89. I'm just bummed that I bought early instead of waiting and getting double developer points :(. My per point basis would have been only $80 per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter