What are you buying Mom for Mother's Day?

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
Mother's Day is just around the corner and I haven't purchased a thing for my MIL. Looking to see what y'all are buying and hoping to get some ideas.

Since I don't have a mom to purchase for this year and I don't purchase for mil (that is dh's responsibility) I have been purchasing plants that I want for my new garden.

I got her a cute little piggy bank...:D

Now that I'm hooked on the Yankee Candles.......(thanks to Shep's exchange;) ), I'm getting her a Home Sweet Home candle and bookmark. It smells just like her mom's sewing room.

My mom passed away a few years ago. I do take flowers or something pretty to the cemetary. Dh is responsible for his own mom's gift.

I'm not buying anything for my mum:eek: but only because Mother's Day was in March in the UK :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

taking mom to lunch this Sat. She sent a note and asked if we could meet either this Sat or next for DSs birthday. Called her and said this Sat is best. So I'll take her out this Sat for Mother's Day.
The following Sat (10th) Im having DS & DH take me out for dinner.
The following Thurs (15th) DS turns 11 so we get to go out again.

Uhoh - I just joined the WISH boards today

NOTHING! She's lucky if she gets a card from me, she's been such a selfish, mean person this past year. I don't even want to go into it, it's been such a mess!

I do hope you and your families have a good one!

I'm so sorry for all of you have lost your Moms. {{{hugs}}} to all of you. I can only imagine how tough Mother's Day can be for you.

My Dad, Brother and my DH and I are going in on our gifts. We (meaning I did all the shopping, they will give me money) got her an engraved silver jewelry box she saw at Pottery Barn and also these fabolous glass coasters that you can insert a picture in to. I'm going to make some black and white copies of some family photos and insert them in the coasters.

For my MIL it's perfume that she has been eyeing but will never splurge on.

I will have everyone, moms, grandma's and sil's over for brunch on Mother's Day as all the men in the family ditch us since it's opening fishing weekend here in MN.

Tamie

I'm getting her a hanging flower basket for outdoors. Plus I'm taking the day off work and will spend it with her. I normally work on Mother's Day (I'm a waitress and it's our busiest day of the year) then go see her for an hour or so in the evening, but in light of her health problems I decided to let somebody else work for me and take the day off to be with her. DH and I plan to pick Mom and Dad up about 8:00 a.m. and head up to Mackinaw City. We'll have lunch out, do some shopping and sightseeing, have a nice dinner and if the weather is good we plan to stay overnight in one of the lakefront hotels and then come home the next day. I know she will love it. Me too!! :)

I usually get a hanging basket of flowers to hang on the porch...Mother's Day is kind of the traditional get the flowers time here in Upstate NY - finally warm enough then. Also Mom can look at them all summer to know that I love her. This year however she mentioned in passing that she wanted some lavender in the garden so she is getting that so she will know that i listen when she talks...:p

From my 2 girls 7 and 3 i love just hangin in the park...a picnic...and some ice cream!!!!

{{hugs}} to all who have lost their mom. For me, I will give my mom what I have for the last 9 Mothers' Day... a simple blood red, long stemmed rose for her grave.

Sounds like some great gifts here :)

My mom passed too so I will buying flowers and mulch and fixing up the rose garden I planted on the first mothers day after she past.

Mothers Day is hard for me because my Mom's birthday is the 9th of May and always falls around Mother's Day. I lost her in '97. We're cruising this Mother's Day with my MIL so I ordered her a basket from Shirley at the Perfect Gift.

Sorry for all who have lost their Mom's.

We will give my MIL $$$ to go to Atlantic City, her favorite pastime. Whatever I give my Mom, I will have to return. It won't fit, will be the wrong color etc.

tiggerlover: Thanks for this reminder. I just checked the calendar and Mother's Day is May 11th, so I'd better take care of this soon!

I usually send a floral arrangement, something especially for Mother’s Day; and I’ll often pick up a little something else, like her favorite chocolates or some perfume.

Thank you for all of your replies. I too wanted to say how sorry I am to those who have lost their moms, I can't even imagine what that is like. {{{HUGS}}}

I think I am liking the idea of DH picking out his mother's gift, after all, I pick out my mom's gift. It is funny, in 17 years of doing mother's day, I never thought to have DH pick her gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter