What are we doing wrong?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
My husband just called to make us a ressie at either RPH or HRH club level for Oct. 24th thru 26th. We have Fan Club, ent. rate., AAA, AP, and are Florida res. The best rate he could get, was 229.00 at RPH. HRH club level was 319.00. I have read so many great rates on here that I was totally dissapointed to hear these quotes. Does anyone have any idea why these rates are so high? Is Oct. high season there or something? Is it because it is Thurs. thru Sat.? I don't know what to think. Our anniversary is on the 24th, but if changing the date by a couple days can make a difference between 139.00 and 229.00, we'll do it. I don't know what to do. Should we forget club level and try for PBH instead. Why is everyone elses rates so much better than these? Please help me! I'm heart broken at the moment.

I know it seems odd, but you have to try to book really early for Oct for the fanclub, Loews, and other discounts. The Halloween Horror nights are going on then, and they don't offer as MANY discounts as they usually would. I would keep trying though, because sometimes they open up when others cancel. Good luck! One thing to give you hope, In the past I made ressies at a higher rate, called back a week before the trip and got lucky on the Fan club or Loews rate.

The rates are most likely high because of Halloween Horror Nights. Last year I booked HRH several months before October and got a standard Garden View for $160ish. About a month before our trip I called back and was able to get a standard room at the PBH with the annual pass rate for $140ish. A week before our trip I called back once again, and was able to get HRH for $99 at the FL resident rate.

I kinda think the best thing to do is grab the room so you at least have one and keep calling back. In the 6 months I'm sure plenty of discounts will come and go.

Jim

I also stayed in a garden view @ the HRH last October at that Florida rate. I booked at the last minute and even added an extra day while we were there, but I'm afraid that was only available due to the 9/11 tragedy. Usually your best bet is the Entertainment rate.
Perhaps if you pushed your vacation up a week to when HHN is over but the Holiday rush has not begun? Can't hurt to call and ask!
:jester:

When I called to make my ressies for October (11-17), the Entertainment rate was not available for all 6 nights at the HRH. The woman was really nice and she checked the Portofino. I ended up getting my first 3 nights at the PBH($150 Ent, garden view) and the last 3 nights at the HRH($125 Ent, garden view). I'm really excited about being able to stay at both hotels!!!

I don't think the $139 Fanclub rate is available anymore at the RPH.

tarheelmjfan: I know how you feel. I made a reservation for November 15th (for 2 nights) at the HRH and I got the AAA rate of $219/night for a delexe room. I made these reservations this past January and I asked about the entertainment rate, but they said it wasn't available for that time. My sister just decided to go with her family the same time we will be there and last week called HRH and got a rate of $223/night for a standard room. She asked about the AAA rate and the Entertainment rate and the person who she spoke with told her that they weren't offering any discounts on the rooms for November because they feel that they can fill the hotel without the discounts. I know we could have gotten Nov. 11th for about $150/night. But I guess because Nov. 15th is a weekend they can charge more.
It would have been nice to get a better rate, but I'm not going to worry about it. And I will probably call a few times before Nov. to see if there are any discounts (hey, a girl can dream!! LOL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter