What am I going to forget?

Tara

Bad Influence
Okay, it's been almost 2 years :eek since my last WDW vacation and this time it's me, DH and our baby boy (14 months). I've done my research on what to pack and we've already traveled a lot with him (he just had his 9th plane trip last week). But I'm sure I'm going to forget something critical. We'll have a rental car, so forgetting something isn't the end of the world, but I just hate to not be totally prepared!

What's your #1 item to pack that you don't usually see on the "lists"?

Thanks!

Thermometer and tylenol, night light for the baby. By the way, we will be at the party on the 10th also with our two little ones - maybe we will see you! Tonia

A blanket for the baby and pack and play sheets or regular sheets for baby bed. We forgot a baby blanket for my dd who was 10mos at the time when we went and it was cold. The only place that had baby blankets that we could find was in DTD at the pooh store. I would also suggest sheets for the crib. When we went in dec 00 they just had regular bed size sheets for the crib and they kept coming off the mattress and she also pulled them off:rolleyes: . This next visit I will rember because I have to bring sheets and blankets from home because my ds 1 is allergic to the laundry detergent they use.
Those are the biggies for me I hope they help.

Really check around your seats before getting off the plane, and check the pockets on the backs of the seats in front of you. It's so easy to leave something behind. If your child has a toy or object he's attached to, take it. I always take OTC stuff we most often use. I always take a thermometer, Tylenol, and Benedryl Gel (for bug bites, etc.)

I'll second the baby blanket. My kids are older now, but we took a weekend trip when my son was still a baby and forgot his blanket---ooh, was that a long 3 days! LOL! I always say you can buy just about anything you may have forgotten, but you just can't replace that baby blanket!

Definitely the thermometer and Tylenol (maybe even some Tylenol Cold Formula for babies). (And the measuring cup to be able to give the correct dosage!) And the blanket - sometimes the night air is a little chilly. On one of our trips, I forgot my bottle brush and cleaning the bottles was a little tough.

Other than that, I try not to stress too much - you can always run to the store if needed. I usually bring enough diapers for a day or two, and we stop for diapers once we're there so it takes up less luggage space. And Disney does sell a lot of baby supplies there - even though they are a little pricey, it is very convenient!

Enjoy your trip!

A plastic container for washing the baby's dishes and sippy cups in. Hotel sinks are just too yucky since people spit their toothpaste out in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter