What’s for Dinner Tonight?

We had a few friends over on the patio. We did a bunch of snacks. Bruschetta, cheese platter, pigs in a blanket, tomato and motz, shrimp cocktail, and I made homemade ricotta for the first time. Dessert was Italian cookies and s’mores

Well the burger wasn't thawed enough tonight so we ended up improvising dinner. Had waffle fries in the air fryer and then DH took burger and chopped it up in pan, added shredded mild white cheddar and we had "loose burgers" like that with bacon, lettuce, roma tomato, pickles, etc. :) Was very good.

Went outside to discover a street fair: Beats and Eats. Jazz and various food trucks. Wasn’t expecting it but still cool.

Bought some vegetable and tofu dumplings to eat in the park and then a bowl of mixed grill Latino BBQ that judging from the size of the dish will be at least two meals. Think I’ll make a spinach salad on the side to go with it.

BIL is wandering Long Island today on his own. Taking pics of different sights for his grands to view his old stomping grounds so I’m sure it will include various eateries from back in the day and we are both free to eat what we will.
Ooh, nice surprise! 😋

We are having my dad and one of my sisters for dinner. Making pulled pork in the smoker. Also having cowboy beans, Mac and cheese, fruit salad and my sister is bringing a green salad. My dad usually brings ice cream anytime he comes for dinner. DH will also grill a meatless burger for our vegetarian DD.

I was wrong about how much BBQ is in that bowl. Not 2 days worth of meals more like 3!
Tonight made a salad with the last of the poached chicky, added steak bites from the bowl, mango chunks, blackberries, pea pods and various veggies on a bed of baby spinach. Made a creamy poppyseed dressing with yogurt instead of mayo. Going on my regular rotation as I can imagine many tasty variations.

DS took most the left overs home.
We got the fresh peach pie that DD got at a peach orchard by where she lives and some pasta salad she made (gluten free).
We have leftover steak from last night, so that and some raw veggies and dip.
DH will have my left over sweet potato from last night.

Spent three days in the Texas Hill Country eating BBQ and visiting vineyards and breweries.

Back to the diet today with a salad for dinner with all the things including the new olive oil and flaky salt my boy got me for Mother’s Day.

BIL coming over for “lupper” or the snowbirds’ special, LOL.
Ordering brisket by the lb from a local deli (can't make such a small amt so Liebman’s does a credible job), and taking the gefilte fish/quenelles and latkes out of the freezer to heat up.

Ordering an assortment of Dr. Brown’s soda; forgot to ask what he likes so I’m spanning the gamut from Cel-Ray to black cherry.

Dessert is homemade almond spice cake and mini black and whites from the deli. If the man was here we’d have Jello instead😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter