What’s in YOUR pin collection?

I'm going to politely disagree that Cheshire Cat is not a villan :).

He came with an LE set. I know he's not technically a villain, however, he was been associated with them. Look at Villains & Vogue.

I plan on getting one pin for every attraction and one pin for every resort we stay at and one pin for every princess.

My primary focus has been on Haunted Mansion and I also look for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella pins along with their villians.

I also like to get pins for any events like Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, MNSSHP, MVMCP events that I attend. And as long as I have an AP I try to get all of the AP pins from that year.

So I currently have 6 pin boards. They are made with 16x20 paint canvas that I stretched a brown velvet like material on and put my pins on that. It matches my bedroom where the pin boards are hung.

I also have one large size pin book that is half filled.

Here are pics of 2:

Walt Disney World Security and Fireman badges. And one from Disneyland. :lmao:

sec32.jpg

This is my pin collection. These are all my Disney pins, 3 of my Disney buttons and the two black pins that look out of place are from my work (cause my apron is getting too heavy)

9569010739_793e693cc4_c.jpg

How do you display your pins when you're not at the parks?

Do you categorize them by movie? Character? Collection? Color? Size? The sky is the limit.

Mine are kind of collection, kind of character.

You have the two alphabet pins that I am missing! I need the E and the N. My collection is the round alphabet pins, the zodiac pins (minus one), the baby princesses, the flower princesses, lots of Jasmine and Donald Duck (my two fave characters) and just random faves. I will post a picture later as I am off to work soon :)

You have the two alphabet pins that I am missing! I need the E and the N. My collection is the round alphabet pins, the zodiac pins (minus one), the baby princesses, the flower princesses, lots of Jasmine and Donald Duck (my two fave characters) and just random faves. I will post a picture later as I am off to work soon :)

hmmm I'll have to look and see if I have any of the round alphabet series left, I know I traded some of them away (and I had some that were scrappers too and wouldn't want to give you those) but not sure if I traded them all away.

I collect Tink, I have a full corkboard of her and a lanyard as well. I also collect Maleficent, Megara, Jessica Rabbit (I have 2 framed LE sets that DBF gave me as a gift a few years ago) and honestly, if there's one I like I get it. lol Everyone in our family collects pins so we have a lot, my favorite is this one~
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/mnk820/media/015-1-1.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/mnk820/media/005.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/mnk820/media/006.jpg.html][/URL]

This is an old picture of my Tink board, it's full now.
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/mnk820/media/039.jpg.html][/URL]

I collect DCL ( Cruise Line ) pins

Here is a picture of a few. I have a little over 500.

Only missing about 900 to complete my collection :3dglasses

P1010119.jpg

Next to you guys I am a poor example of a pin collector as I don’t have a lanyard, don’t trade and I don’t display my pins, however I have posted my small collection anyway :)

I started my collection due to wasting time in a shop waiting for a fastpass to kick in and noticing a Yzma pin which I thought was cute and as I hardly ever see ENG stuff I decided to buy it. Then I thought I might as well buy some pins from my favourite Disney film which is Aladdin and there started the problem. I found Jasmine, Genie and Jafar but no Aladdin. Since then each time I have visited a Disney park I have gone in pins shops looking in vain for an Aladdin pin and ended up buying other ones!

I am visiting WDW in a couple of weeks so I hope to have success there and my collection will be complete. If there is no Aladdin pin then I am sure I will come back with some other random ones and my collection will just keep growing till I find one. I even saw the wardrobe from Beauty and the Beast during my last Disney trip, a wardrobe gets a pin and no sign of Aladdin!

2286666059e6c0723ef6b1bff9d9a51698a973dcec57ac5de9d17c906e00b7aaa06a9df3.jpg

hmmm I'll have to look and see if I have any of the round alphabet series left, I know I traded some of them away (and I had some that were scrappers too and wouldn't want to give you those) but not sure if I traded them all away.

How do you know if they are scrappers?

How do you know if they are scrappers?

They look bad, really bad. I had a M that was a scrapper, I tossed it because it looked so bad. It was rough, not shiny and really diveted.
I did look and I have an "S" and a "K" from that series.

They look bad, really bad. I had a M that was a scrapper, I tossed it because it looked so bad. It was rough, not shiny and really diveted.
I did look and I have an "S" and a "K" from that series.

Thanks for looking :) I have those already. I am down to the "E" and the "N". I am going to start the Disneyland collection this trip.

I think I have a double of the round alphabet "N". It's the one with Nana from Peter Pan, right? We had a quest to collect the series on a short trip a few years ago and we actually did it - with some major help from a sweet CM at Coronado Springs. We traded our extras except I believe my DD held on to an N because she called her grandma "NaNa". PM me if you're interested and I'll check tonight to make sure we still have it. :)

Kathy

Our whole family loves to pin trade -- we just do it with CMs though as we aren't real pin savvy and don't want to spend a ton of money. :)

We were on the Disney Wonder celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday (this summer she celebrated her 10th -- so this was a while ago). I fell in love with a Belle pin that said something like "Happy Birthday, Princess!" that a CM in the gift shop had on her lanyard. Unfortunately, we had just stopped in after dinner -- so I didn't have my lanyard on. I asked the CM if she would save it for me if I ran up to my room to get a pin to trade with her. I explained that we were on the cruise for my daughter's birthday and that she was trading for all Princess pins.

The CM took the pin off and told me I could have it as a birthday gift for my daughter. She even put it in a beautiful little pink satin "envelope".

My daughter was SO EXCITED when she saw it! That CM made my day -- and hers too! :)

Our whole family loves to pin trade -- we just do it with CMs though as we aren't real pin savvy and don't want to spend a ton of money. :) We were on the Disney Wonder celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday (this summer she celebrated her 10th -- so this was a while ago). I fell in love with a Belle pin that said something like "Happy Birthday, Princess!" that a CM in the gift shop had on her lanyard. Unfortunately, we had just stopped in after dinner -- so I didn't have my lanyard on. I asked the CM if she would save it for me if I ran up to my room to get a pin to trade with her. I explained that we were on the cruise for my daughter's birthday and that she was trading for all Princess pins. The CM took the pin off and told me I could have it as a birthday gift for my daughter. She even put it in a beautiful little pink satin "envelope". My daughter was SO EXCITED when she saw it! That CM made my day -- and hers too! :)

My wife had something solitary happen to her at world of disney at DTD DL. We were shopping and we found a CM With a pin my wife had to get. The only pin she had that she could trade was a pin of buzz(her fav) and she was torn with trading. The CM told her to keep her pin and gave her the other pin, explaining to her that she couldn't trade away one of her favorite pins. My wife refused but after a few mins I talked her into taking it before someone else came and we never say it again. It made our day. Some CM understand, some don't.

James G

Yea my wife saw a pin that she needed to complete a set she was and the only thing we had to tade was a pin I was thinkibg of keeping. The cast member was really nice placed both pins in her hand and the handed them both back to me in a closed fist. Not sure if she saw our anniversery buttons and decided to be extra nice or if they all do that but it made my wifes day.

The CM are really nice about giving you a pin that you need. I had it happen to me twice when I was collecting the baby princesses. I had all of the pins by the end of the trip except Ariel. I could not find her any where. We were going back in Feb 12 so I was not to worried (this was Oct 11.) We were there for OMDD for the 24 hrs and we were slowly going out of the park so all the buses would be empty and I finally found her on a custodian who was sweeping up the park.

I just got back from WDW and I bought lots of new pins but once again no Aladdin in sight :( I spoke to a few of the CMs at the pin shops and they all said they couldn't even remember seeing an Aladdin pin apart from the baby one.

I have never traded before, but I am starting to think I may need to buy a random pin just so I can trade it for an Aladdin pin next year. Or maybe I should check out Ebay.

Anyway I got some nice new pins on my trip, so my little collection is still growing and overall I am happy.

This is my son's collection that we work on as a family. Hoping to add to it at the end of January. It's a work in progress.
Great site, thanks for looking, Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter