WestJet is at it again. Check your flights.

Thank you for advising of the changes. We were able to change our flights to better ones at zero dollars.

Update: still no email from WestJet confirming our new times (sent March 13). But….on my account/trip itinerary I did see the new times..
Thoughts?🤔

That's all I got as well from WestJet, no email. I can only see the updates when I go into my booking on their app/website. So long as you're ok with what is showing on the app/website you should be good to go.

I just realized, when Westjet caused me to miss my connection, they never emailed or texted me my new flight information. I got a Text about getting Hotel & Meal Vouchers, and I only found out about my flights for the next day by looking in the App. They do really need to work on their communication in that respect.

Granted, they did say as we were getting off the plane to go to Westjet Departure desk for this information, but since I had it, I didn’t bother and just went to hotel.

I booked WestJet from Ottawa to LA (November 2022) for travel the first week of May. I can't remember why I decided to check flights today but I did and they have changed the times for the outgoing flight (1/2 hour), I can work with that. Coming home though they have us travelling through Calgary instead of Toronto. I chose Toronto because if anything happened with the connection I could easily drive/bus home to Ottawa.

They have also put us on a flight with a 1:26 minute connection. Sources I've read say it can take 30-90 minutes to get through customs in Calgary and recommend a minimun of 1:30 for international to domestic connection. There is a flight earlier in the day to Calgary which would leave us sitting around the airport in Calgary for 6 hours. I would rather do that than miss my flight home to Ottawa. I booked these flights through Airmiles and no one there has thought to update me on the changes.

I will be on the phone with them first thing tomorrow to get them to make the change LA-Calgary to the earlier flight. I can handle changes I just don't like not being told about the changes.
No - not on any flight I've ever arrived on in 33 years of living in Calgary. It's all automated now and there are dozens of kiosks; the time spent with the actual Customs agent is less than 60 seconds. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, but your original connection will be plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter