Western "Magic"al Part 2

Joe & Joanne

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Around 2PM or so Joanne noticed some fellow in the lobby window waving a lime green hat. She asked if I knew who that might be? Of course I said, that would be the WDWGoose (Vicki & GarRy) crew. We introduced ourselves and agreed to meet later for some fun around the pool. Since several DIS cruisers were staying at the RAD, I asked the hotel to provide an easel and paper to be placed in the lobby. That way when each party checked in they could see who had already checked in. Squiggle (Fran & Laura) were the next ones to show up, then Hygiene99 (Peter & Jennifer), then the MJASP (Mitch & Joanna) party along with the Darwin99, Iluv2trvl (Mike, Jane, Barbara, Nick and Carol), then Stephmarty (Stephanie, Marty and Mollie). I gave out lanyards with little name tags I made up and green leis to everyone, but I forgot one set (?) that I need to get off to them in the mail. The Rad was a nice place, we ate a good dinner at the place on the right of the front door (do not remember the name) and as far as bugs around the pool…day or night, we were not bothered by them and really do not remember anything being a problem. The pool is in use at all times of the night! Wonder if those folks have any souvies?

I made a notation on the Easel that there would be a meet at the kiddies pool at 8:30 PM for some libation and fun chat. (Did not have to worry about HTML or JAVA or whatever). Around 8 or so I got the Boones Farm iced up and along with Brian, Jacquie and Joanne gathered up the “Pointy” little cups and headed for the pool. The pointy cups work great with the lounge chairs with the vinyl slats. WDWGoose must have been hitting something before he got to the pool because he wanted to get up at O-dark-thirty (3:30AM) to watch the “Magic” come down the Port Canaveral channel. He convinced me to go with him when he mentioned there would be coffee available at that unholy hour! We agreed to meet at 4AM for a short (long) walk to the channel. GarRy misplaced his GPS or it would have been a short walk. Well, we missed the “Magic” coming into the channel and finally did get to see her docked at the pier. So much for morning adventures? We then went back to the Rad and I don’t know what we did until meeting up at 9AM in the lobby. Shirley from “The Perfect Gift” came over to meet up with the “Crew” and see us off. Too bad she was not going with us, she is great people.

Around 9:30AM WDWGoose and our clan got ready to board a van to the ship. As we were leaving we ran into ScottH (Scott & Lynn). We agreed to meet up on board for the sail away party after the fire drill. The trip to the terminal went well, but the van was crowded (with luggage), you would have thought we were doing a Tony and Barb back to back trip? The van dropped us off in the parking lot where we were met by a DCL CM who directed us to a spot in line. There was no line so we were first. Peter and Jenn, and Tiger24 (Bob, Clair, Bernadette and Jon) were next so after our luggage was loaded unto a container we headed off to the terminal. Our tickets and IDs were checked prior to entering the terminal. Vicki, being the experienced DCL cruiser she is knew exactly what to do and headed to the frequent cruiser check in spot (she was the first one checked in). GarRy went to save us all a space in line. Nice guy, there was no one else there except one other guy who insisted on sitting on the floor with his laptop and trying to figure out how he was going to get a ticket to have tea with Wendy? We checked in, received our KTTW cards and a Navigator and got in line. DCL had a Mariachi Band play and the usual cast of characters paraded around the terminal entertaining the guests. A lot of the DISBoard folks came up to meet us and were given their lanyards, lies and name tags I made up for them. Some folks had on the T-Shirts GarRy had made up and most were very JEALOUS of us having them. It sure was easy to spot us. Nice touch GarRy! Ok it was off to the ship around 12:15. Our bags were x-rayed, IDs checked again, had picture taken by Shutters Folks and then we were off to our staterooms to drop off the bags, head to lunch, make ressies at Palo’s and the Spa. The rooms were great (7036), however the bathrooms took a little getting used to! I had made up a worksheet (EXCEL) with all possible combinations for dinner rotations, theme nights and things we had to do so picking the times and making the reservations was a snap. Our rotation was PLAPLAP, late seating, and table for four with hardly any children. Our 23rd anniversary was the 14th so that is when we went to Palo’s, the Spa was scheduled for later in the week (Thursday, sea day) so if we had any sunburn the exfoliate would be tolerable. The spa was fun and leaves you feeling limp but relaxed!

It sounds like the DIS crew had a ship load of fun together. Seeing the Magic come down the channel would have been nice, but missing her... augh!!! 4AM Me need sleep!!! LOL!!!

Thanks.
Tina :)
Magic Western 1/18/03

Getting up at 4am...but yet I'm still I little jealous of you all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter