West Wing question

I was just wondering the same thing. Secretary sounds logical though.

Michelle

So when a Vice President resigns who takes his place? I never paid attention in U.S. Gov class. :D

Michelle

This is also the first time I've heard the VP's name. LOL

Now I think it was his wife that delivered the letter, or that Helen lady.

It was someone from his office staff because when they showed the scene where Toby, Josh, CJ and Joe went to his office she was in the group that the VP asked to stay for a few minutes while he had the meeting.

If I remember correctly, the President gets to name the new VP. It isn't like the Pres resigning and the VP moving up. These last few have been really good, I am sad the season is almost over.

She was one of the VP advisors. It is my understanding that when the VP leaves office the president appoints a replacement and he doesn't have to be approved by anyone. Don't really remember if Ford was approved by congress or not when he was named VP. I have enjoyed WEst Wing since it has been on and the last two weeks have been some of the best of the series. Was concerned how Matthew Perry would do in a serious role but he did pretty good this week.

When Spiro Agnew resigned Gerald Ford was named in his place. Of course, he went on to become President when Richard Nixon resigned.

But did Ford have to be approved by Congree or just come in free and clear?

LOL! I just went to check and was coming back to edit my post.

Nixon nominated Ford (based on strong recommendations from Congress). The House and the Senate both have to approve the nominee.

I was wondering myself who the actress was. I know I've seen her in something else.

I don't normally watch West Wing but, I've watched the last 2 weeks. Very good shows.

Who do you think will be the next VP? Rob Lowe's character?

This could be a very interesting plot twist!

Rob Low did leave the show earlier this season due to not getting the money he thought that he should be getting. They wrote him out by having him win a Congressional seat in California. I'm afraid that the most we can hope for there is that he visits the President to ask his help on a bill. They havn't ruled out guest appearances. I miss Sam Seaborn though. If they cut Donna I will probably quit watching the show.

it was a great episode!

I think they are trying to figure out how to expand the show after the "president's" second term is over.....they need a strong character to develop and prepare to take over as president if they want the series to continue - Hoynes wasn't it! lol.....

Good show last night. I would like to see them move Leo into the V.P. spot, but won't happen. Thought Matthew Perry did a good job on the show. Would actually like to see him as a regular on the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter