We're Still Hungry! A DDW July Getaway - 8/5 Complete!

I am currently working on Part III of my Artist Point review and now realize that what you have just posted clearly blows away our meager desserts. :lmao: So I think I'm just going to call it a night and try again tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to dream about that table full of awesomeness that you just displayed. :cloud9:

I am currently working on Part III of my Artist Point review and now realize that what you have just posted clearly blows away our meager desserts. :lmao: So I think I'm just going to call it a night and try again tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to dream about that table full of awesomeness that you just displayed. :cloud9:
You raise a good point - this update is gonna be hard to top. Hopefully we'll all simply recalibrate our pixie dust glasses tomorrow. :rotfl: I still can't wait to see your Artist Point desserts - I've been missing that berry cobbler... :cloud9:

Have sweet dreams (full of strawberry shortcake, baked chocolate mousse, and almond-crusted cheesecake :thumbsup2)!

Oh My GOSH!!! Those desserts are amazing! What a truly magical experience for you guys. I can't even pick which one looks more delicious since they are all so lovely. Truly a work of art. :artist:

And for that it was worth the wait for the big reveal. :goodvibes

Oh My GOSH!!! Those desserts are amazing! What a truly magical experience for you guys. I can't even pick which one looks more delicious since they are all so lovely. Truly a work of art. :artist:

And for that it was worth the wait for the big reveal. :goodvibes
I'm so glad it was worth it! I've been waiting to get to this update for so long (and now you know what I meant on Page 4, when I said that "Narcoossee's is on the right track, but not quite" for our final dinner :laughing:).

We're so thankful for this manager's generosity, and overall we can't wait to return to both Narcoossee's and GFC (but we certainly don't expect anything like this - I'm looking forward to trying the Narcoossee's cheese plate, and perhaps the berry pyramid at GFC). Even ignoring the surprise, we feel that the food and service at both locations were great enough to warrant repeat visits. :thumbsup2

Simply amazing! How wonderful for both you and your Mom! pixiedust:
Thanks so much! I still can't believe what happened! :goodvibes

Disney certainly sets a very high customer satisfaction standard. I agree, even without the amazingness of the special desserts - you meal/dining experience was great. I'm so glad that they did that for you guys. :)

Now that I read back in your reviews leading up to this, I see your subtle hints. You did a great job building up to it. :thumbsup2

Is Narcoosees or GFC in your dining line up in a few weeks?

Disney certainly sets a very high customer satisfaction standard. I agree, even without the amazingness of the special desserts - you meal/dining experience was great. I'm so glad that they did that for you guys. :)

Now that I read back in your reviews leading up to this, I see your subtle hints. You did a great job building up to it. :thumbsup2

Is Narcoosees or GFC in your dining line up in a few weeks?
So true - a meal doesn't need an "epic surprise finale" to be memorable, but it was still very cool to have this experience. The majority of meals this trip were wonderful, including the ones that went exactly as planned. :) Although in retrospect, there were plenty of special touches (beyond the great food and service) that made each meal special - the roasted pineapple at The Wave, the manager making us a Narcoossee's ADR during our first dinner, the opportunity to speak with the chef at Jiko, and the iced tea to go at HBD. Even a small touch of kindness can make a world of difference, and Disney CMs really excel in providing that kindness. :goodvibes

I'm glad you noticed some of the hints! This was a really hard secret to keep, but trying to build up to it (without giving too much away) was pretty fun. Most of my dining reviews don't have a continuous "story" to tell, so this was a neat little experiment. :thumbsup2

Both Narcoossee's and GFC are currently in the plans! We have some unfinished business to take care of. ;) I still want to try the tuna or salmon entree at Narcoossee's (and split the cheese plate with my mom), while at GFC I'm tempted to get one of those burgers for myself (and possibly order one of their normal desserts :laughing:).

And might I suggest a written compliment to Disney for that manager? Doesn't matter if you don't know her name; Disney will know who was working in that position on those dates.

DisBoard dining reviews are nice - but written compliments go in people's HR files and are factored in to performance evals and salary decisions.

And might I suggest a written compliment to Disney for that manager? Doesn't matter if you don't know her name; Disney will know who was working in that position on those dates.

DisBoard dining reviews are nice - but written compliments go in people's HR files and are factored in to performance evals and salary decisions.
We're already on top of that. :) We definitely remember her name (I just chose to withhold it in the review), and we've prepared a glowing email for Guest Communications. It wouldn't be the first time we've let Disney know about an amazing cast member at a restaurant or resort. :goodvibes

My jaw literally dropped at that plate of desserts. If there is a Heaven I think you found it in the GF Cafe! :rotfl2: I'm positively charmed by the story and by the CM's gesture. I have a tendency to be easily blown away by the smallest unexpected acts of kindness...I'm pretty sure I would have burst into tears if I'd been in your shoes! :laughing: I'm so happy your mom got her taste of Narcoossee's! And that you got a taste of...everything! :thumbsup2

I'm so late but I'm here now. Great reviews as usual DDW! :)

I love Narcoosee's and I'm so happy to hear that its even better now. I have dreams about that Almond cheesecake. Wonderful surprise from the Narcoosee's manager!

I'm so torn now...I have a ressie at AP after my cruise in October but now I'm wondering if I should replace it with Narcoosee's. You aren't making it easy!

Jill in CO

Best. Surprise. Ever. That is all.
Agreed. And to think I was excited at the thought of my mom receiving her chocolate mousse - I couldn't have even imagined this! :thumbsup2

My jaw literally dropped at that plate of desserts. If there is a Heaven I think you found it in the GF Cafe! :rotfl2: I'm positively charmed by the story and by the CM's gesture. I have a tendency to be easily blown away by the smallest unexpected acts of kindness...I'm pretty sure I would have burst into tears if I'd been in your shoes! :laughing: I'm so happy your mom got her taste of Narcoossee's! And that you got a taste of...everything! :thumbsup2
I don't think bursting into tears would've been inappropriate - the gesture was so incredibly kind, and we still can't believe she did this for us. :)

I'm so late but I'm here now. Great reviews as usual DDW! :)

I love Narcoosee's and I'm so happy to hear that its even better now. I have dreams about that Almond cheesecake. Wonderful surprise from the Narcoosee's manager!

I'm so torn now...I have a ressie at AP after my cruise in October but now I'm wondering if I should replace it with Narcoosee's. You aren't making it easy!

Jill in CO
Thanks so much for joining in! I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying the reviews. :goodvibes

That almond-crusted cheesecake is worth dreaming about - no wonder it's one of the best-reviewed desserts at Disney. :cloud9: As for your choice between Artist Point and Narcoossee's, that's a hard one - they're two of my favorites! Hopefully the online menus will be updated sometime around September, and then you can make the choice based on more up-to-date menus. :thumbsup2

Wow those desserts look amazing! I totally love the almond cheesecake from Narccoossees, I am going to swing by next month for cocktails and cheesecake at the bar there.

Wow those desserts look amazing! I totally love the almond cheesecake from Narccoossees, I am going to swing by next month for cocktails and cheesecake at the bar there.
What a great idea - that sounds like a wonderful evening (without having to eat a full meal). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter