We're Sailing to....Disneyland? Lots of Pics! GANGSTA KINGDOM 8/31

I know! It is so hard, and then the rest of the menu is so good, it's hard to have room for desert! DH loves their shrimp sandwich! You're up late, too!

I just got back from play rehearsal. So now I'll be awake for awhile. I have to get up and be back at the theater at 8:30.........

Thanks for joining in, Tinkermell! I look forward to hearing your perspective - you have probably been to DL more than I have. I am really determined to have that Dole Whip this time! I'm not sure if I should have the "ice cream" or the float. :confused3
Hi again. :goodvibes
I would just try the plain ole whip first. Some people don't like the float.

I noticed you don't have any fireworks planned? Have you seen them since the 50th Anniversary?
They are the best in my opinion, and are always my highlight at DL!

Are you going to see Alladin?

Oh and I live one hour north of Bakersfield, in Tulare. You will pass right by it.

Hi again. :goodvibes
I would just try the plain ole whip first. Some people don't like the float.

Okay, that's what I'll do! :thumbsup2

I noticed you don't have any fireworks planned? Have you seen them since the 50th Anniversary?
They are the best in my opinion, and are always my highlight at DL!

Are you going to see Alladin?

Oh and I live one hour north of Bakersfield, in Tulare. You will pass right by it.

We watched the fireworks from DTD in 2006 - they had the music piped in - it was beautiful! We are hoping to ask for a view of DTD so we can watch from our balcony- we have a suite so we have to request the view when we get there - maybe they will accomodate us since it's my birthday! With the little ones, fireworks will be too late, but when we take turns with our adult time we might see them. DH gets really freaked out by the lack of crowd control at DL during fireworks and parades. It is alot more controlled at MK.

We are going to see Aladin on day 2. Have you seen it?

Hey! We'll wave at you when we drive by - you are lucky to live so close to the House of Mouse! Have a nice Easter!

FYI...the Corn Dog Castle is AWESOME. If you like spicy, they have a spicy hot link corn dog...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Finding Nemo the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Aladdin
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast

in that order. My preferences only.

FYI...the Corn Dog Castle is AWESOME. If you like spicy, they have a spicy hot link corn dog...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Finding Nemo the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Aladdin
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast

in that order. My preferences only.

Yummm! I love corndogs! Glad to know your preferences - helps me know I would like Aladdin! I haven't seen Finding Nemo yet.

We just watched "Enchanted" tonight for the first time - it was really fun! I really loved the chipmunk :lovestruc

So DDIL and I have been looking at all of the designs on the DISign boards. We wanted to make matching family T-shirts for the first day of our trip. There are so many cute designs that we will probably have matching or themed T-shirts for all 3 days in the park! For the 1st day, we will all have our fav characters with a Mickey head. Because we don't believe in having our children's names on their clothing, making them vulnerable to "stranger danger," we are going to go with: Papa, Gramma, Mommy, Daddy, (Buzz or Donald), and Minnie :

mickeyearwdwjason.jpg

citarellatink.jpg

These are just a couple of examples - you get the idea.

We also like these 3-D examples for another day, maybe adding some polka-dot ribbon for the girls!

minnieheadbowwdwamber.jpg

minnieheadbowbarry.jpg

And then we have the sports-nuts and princesses!

chipdale2008.jpg

princessjackie.jpg

baseballTEAMBANKS.jpg

These are only a few of the DISigns we are considering - we need more days to wear more shirts!!! Now I truly am a Disney Geek!!! What surprises me is that my DDIL had the idea, and she isn't a Geek - she was a cheerleader - and my whole family is excited to wear the shirts! I am converting my DIS family!

I need to get online and make our motel reservations for our coming and going!

Tammie - Great shirt designs!:thumbsup2

Now, I'm creatively-challenged, so answer me this: When you decide on a design you like, do you just click on it and print it onto a iron-on paper? Where do they sell that type of paper? And then, do you just use undershirts to iron them on to?

Don't know if I can convince my 12yr.old to dress like me - but I'd like to try!

Great iron ons.........

Thanks! I think we're really getting carried away!

Tammie - Great shirt designs!:thumbsup2

Now, I'm creatively-challenged, so answer me this: When you decide on a design you like, do you just click on it and print it onto a iron-on paper? Where do they sell that type of paper? And then, do you just use undershirts to iron them on to?

Don't know if I can convince my 12yr.old to dress like me - but I'd like to try!

Okay, I'm creatively challenged, too! You can find tons on the DISign boards. Kara gave me the link, http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/rumblytumbly_bucket/, (thanks, Kara!) and then I opened the
designs I wanted, copied and pasted them to My Pictures. My DDIL is going to do the rest - I don't know how to change the writing, but apparently, you send the design to Microsoft Paint, then remove the name that is there and write the names you want in there. You can download Walt Disney script. I can send you the file, if you want.

Here's another suggestion: You can join a thread of a DISigner you like and ask them for the names, and viola! It appears on the thread for you to copy and paste.

The transfer paper can be purchased at Staples or at the fabric store. You can just use undershirts, or plain T-shirts, whatever. I have read that you don't iron it on your ironing board - not hard enough. Use a cutting board with a pillow case over it and NO STEAM!

I'm going to use a t-shirt with a little thicker material that includes spandex or lycra. I just like wearing that fabric better. My DDIL wants one of those thin ones that the kids like these days.

You should try to make the shirts - it would be fun! If you get them done, post some pics! :thumbsup2

Please keep us updated. I am taking an 11 month old myself in September and am curious about how your GD does.

Okay, I'm creatively challenged, too! You can find tons on the DISign boards. Kara gave me the link, http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/rumblytumbly_bucket/, (thanks, Kara!) and then I opened the
designs I wanted, copied and pasted them to My Pictures. My DDIL is going to do the rest - I don't know how to change the writing, but apparently, you send the design to Microsoft Paint, then remove the name that is there and write the names you want in there. You can download Walt Disney script. I can send you the file, if you want.

Here's another suggestion: You can join a thread of a DISigner you like and ask them for the names, and viola! It appears on the thread for you to copy and paste.

The transfer paper can be purchased at Staples or at the fabric store. You can just use undershirts, or plain T-shirts, whatever. I have read that you don't iron it on your ironing board - not hard enough. Use a cutting board with a pillow case over it and NO STEAM!

I'm going to use a t-shirt with a little thicker material that includes spandex or lycra. I just like wearing that fabric better. My DDIL wants one of those thin ones that the kids like these days.

You should try to make the shirts - it would be fun! If you get them done, post some pics! :thumbsup2

Ok, I'm a little intimidated by this - Microsoft Paint? I think I have that. What's pathetic is I could probably give this project to my 12yr.old and she would figure it out in a heartbeat! I think I will check out the DesignBoard.

I'll post pix of mine - if you post pix of yours!

Please keep us updated. I am taking an 11 month old myself in September and am curious about how your GD does.

Thanks for coming along! I will be sure to include details about the "baby stuff."

Ok, I'm a little intimidated by this - Microsoft Paint? I think I have that. What's pathetic is I could probably give this project to my 12yr.old and she would figure it out in a heartbeat! I think I will check out the DesignBoard.

I'll post pix of mine - if you post pix of yours!

I think the Paint comes with the Windows XP. Maybe it is called Windows Paint? :confused3 You're right, your DD could probably knock it right out!
Okay, we have a deal! :rotfl2:

Just a quick update. Yesterday I made ressies for our hotel stays on the way down to DLR and back: The whole 4 days will cost us $3.00! :banana: I have Marriott bucks from my company, so I planned our nights at Marriott hotels!

Fri, June 27th - Modesto Springhill Suites

Jun 28 - Bakersfield - Springhill Suites

July 3 & 4 - Vallejo - Courtyard

It feels good to have another piece of our trip done! I can't wait until I can call for PS for Goofy's Kitchen!! :woohoo:

Just a quick update. Yesterday I made ressies for our hotel stays on the way down to DLR and back: The whole 4 days will cost us $3.00! :banana: I have Marriott bucks from my company, so I planned our nights at Marriott hotels!

Fri, June 27th - Modesto Springhill Suites

Jun 28 - Bakersfield - Springhill Suites

July 3 & 4 - Vallejo - Courtyard

It feels good to have another piece of our trip done! I can't wait until I can call for PS for Goofy's Kitchen!! :woohoo:

3 dollars?!? You can't beat that! Gotta love those rewards points!

3 dollars?!? You can't beat that! Gotta love those rewards points!

I couldn't believe it! I thought we would end up paying about $20 per night, but they gave a great military discount! My vouchers are for $100 a piece with no change back. At one place, I will have about $11.00. Hopefully they have one of those little snack coolers with some wine or something. I might as well use it all, right?

3 MONTHS!!! :cheer2:

I was shopping for some "convention clothes" today and came across the chocolate Mary Jane crocs. I almost bought them, but decided to wait until I get back from Atlanta in April. It brought back memories of how I melted a perfect pair last year in the dryer - had a really stupid moment -someone told me to put them in the dryer so I could mold them to the shape of my feet! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

WARNING: don't try this at home! :confused:

3 MONTHS!!! :cheer2:

I was shopping for some "convention clothes" today and came across the chocolate Mary Jane crocs. I almost bought them, but decided to wait until I get back from Atlanta in April. It brought back memories of how I melted a perfect pair last year in the dryer - had a really stupid moment -someone told me to put them in the dryer so I could mold them to the shape of my feet! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

WARNING: don't try this at home! :confused:

Oh Tammie, Tammie, Tammie! WHO told you that?:confused:

I never got into the crocs - my DDs love them though. I love my Teva flipflops to walk around WDW in - very comfy! I've tried the crocs on and I think they look so funny on my feet!

Oh Tammie, Tammie, Tammie! WHO told you that?:confused:

I never got into the crocs - my DDs love them though. I love my Teva flipflops to walk around WDW in - very comfy! I've tried the crocs on and I think they look so funny on my feet!

my DSIS told me to melt the crocs :rotfl2: They do look funny on everyone! They have some really cute sandals and even dressy ones, now too! The only time my legs hurt last year was the day I wore my tennies. I've heard good things about the Teva, too!

I bought a pair of crocs flip flops last year though - the piece in between my toes was so big, that it rubbed all the skin off my first two toes and even on the ball of my foot in one trip to the pool. Needless to say, I haven't worn those again.

I never thought I would be a crocs person...I think they're hideous!

BUT...they saved my feet on my last trip. My feet never hurt once the whole time we were there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter