We're Here! Live TR

A great TR - your Disney resort looks lovely - glad you got a room you like!

I hope we can get into BOG lunch whilst we're there, we have an evening ADR but I want the steak sandwich on garlic toast from the lunch menu!!!

It always amazes me when I read people's live trip reports how quickly the days go by! Hope your having a fab time, everything looks great so far

Thanks for reading. BOG for lunch and dinner sounds like a good plan! It doesn't actually feel like its going too quickly which is good, it seems ages ago since we were staying at SeaWorld. Just having a lazy morning before going to blizzard beach, then AK :)

Glad you enjoyed DC... hope your underwater pics come out ok ! i wish we had taken some.
Not sure about ducks by the swimming pool DW would not be impressed :)
Keep up the reports - love reading them !

We got stuck at the exact same spot on Splash Mountain on our last trip

I thought it was just as exciting as the ride itself to get walked off the attraction and a peek backstage :)

Where do you check in for the preferred firework viewing at MK? We have a reservation number but I'm not sure what we are supposed to do?

Glad you enjoyed DC... hope your underwater pics come out ok ! i wish we had taken some.
Not sure about ducks by the swimming pool DW would not be impressed :)
Keep up the reports - love reading them !

I think I attract animals! A squirrel kept climbing on the bottom of my sun bed at DC too! Thanks for reading all my updates!

We got stuck at the exact same spot on Splash Mountain on our last trip

I thought it was just as exciting as the ride itself to get walked off the attraction and a peek backstage :)

Where do you check in for the preferred firework viewing at MK? We have a reservation number but I'm not sure what we are supposed to do?

Yes it was fun, Tom wants to go back to MK for EMH tonight to ride it again properly! Hopefully I can stay awake but not sure I can last till 1am.
Does your reservation say preferred viewing at... Ours said rose garden. The areas for the parade and fireworks are signposted Fast Pass + too :)

Sunday 24th - Today was AK day, we were going o go to BB but changed our minds. We went on the safari first and we enjoyed it, last time I went on it had the poacher story which I didn't like. We had to wait for a bit whilst a giraffe stood in the road eating her breakfast!
b8d7f057745984620b607d02df7bb4ba_zps401d821f.jpg

We went to see FOTL then It's tough to be bug which was fun. I bought some Mickey ears with the giraffe print (I don't normally like animal print things but I love giraffes so I had to get them!).
6e9205643a49c2e14a0366a3a8260e87_zps03fef6a5.jpg

We went on the Kali rapids which was a 5 minute wait, we didn't get wet, not sure how we managed that though, some people were drenched. We rode expedition Everest twice in a row because there was no queue, we both loved it. I got a bit of a shock when it went backwards!
13ce1c164da61865ad66c1cc3cc94378_zps69a0842b.jpg

Then we went on dinosaur, which wasn't the best ride, before going to our ADR at Yak and Yeti. We got the honey chicken and the chicken lo mein and had a bit of both. For dessert i had the sorbet trio and tom had chocolate cake. We thought it was good and would go back.
c34673b5baac9a0ff3f9c1764d32e2e5_zpse745e584.jpg

0ffee1fb45e29bd76eb6cafe0e1b0042_zps1e93fd77.jpg

aff2b6623a3d5fcd571ba96fc05ca5b7_zpsd7e18d11.jpg

8ea8d393b390b8d882b0c7792986b186_zpsc322dae9.jpg

By this time the park was closing so we came back and went to swim in SAB, then caught the Epcot ire works fom the YC beach. We had intended to go to MK for EMH but changed our minds. We went or a walk on the boardwalk instead and then brought a pizza back which we sat and ate on the balcony :)
We are loving this holiday! Tomorrow is Blizzard Beach and I think we might play crazy golf.
43b19835e9e9f049d1e1ac0dcc8f0284_zpsac043b54.jpg

Sounds great, this time of year it is really quiet in the parks. Have a fab holiday! X

Those giraffe mickey ears look great.

How on earth did you manage not to get wet on Kali River Rapids? Every time I have been on it, I have got absolutely soaked!

Thanks so much for such a fun trip report - keep going!!

Those giraffe mickey ears look great.

How on earth did you manage not to get wet on Kali River Rapids? Every time I have been on it, I have got absolutely soaked!

Thanks so much for such a fun trip report - keep going!!

I really don't know, the poor little girl opposite us was dripping wet, her hair was stuck to her head! Thanks for reading along.

Monday 26th - We got up and went to Blizzard Beach, it was extremely busy, there were large queues for everything even first thing In the morning. We decided to stay and do a few slides because we didn't know if we'd have chance to go back before we go home. We went on the family raft ride, it's quite a long ride which is good. We went on the double dipper and the slides at the back of the park (These were quite quiet, one of the CM's said some people just stay round the front and don't realise they're at the back) then we went on the lazy river :)
We got some lunch at Lottawatta lodge (Or whatever it's called!) Tom had the chicken wrap and I had the nuggets. Then a huge storm came, we got back to our things and we had to wring our clothes out, the storm continued and we had to wait over an hour and a half before the park reopened. Tom went on Summit Plummet, there was no way I was going on that! We went in the wave pool, then the lazy river again before coming back to YC and getting ready for our ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We met LisaH while we were there :)
The bread (we'd eaten two rolls before I remembered to take a photo! Oops)
3a6c4454b21de179a481759fc38ab4f9_zps21985beb.jpg

We both ordered the12oz New York strip steak with peppercorn brandy sauce and paid for a side of creamed spinach, it was all delicious.
1d3c58d862c3827db6497e4c688ea623_zps3be2c03f.jpg

1ab44d4486dcda269709eaff6c7d68e6_zps32f2eb93.jpg

For desert I had the creme brûlée and Tom had an ice cream sundae.
b5528be1bfacfcaba76873c2609a33c7_zpsd216173a.jpg

c45923937b27b65bbbecf291d09e160b_zps4f112f1f.jpg

We took a stroll round the resort, it's so pretty at night. (Better pics are on my camera)
6d415d5ff141f3eadf1c4ffde6ae457c_zps00d6fe30.jpg

f63a79196e3d565916fc2b3a88ef1526_zps4dac7e62.jpg

Then we decided to go to HS for EMH. The boat was full so we walked. The queues were still big for toy story so we went to the pirates of the Caribbean thing, then the great movie ride (Neither of us liked this) then queued for TSM which was a 40 minute wait, Tom beat me by about 20,000 points! Haha. We got the boat back :)

My expanding towel animal family!
d6c80e4371b99a31d77700644763d692_zpsebec7331.jpg

Tuesday 27th -
44b8092c3656becedd51820cf8eabaa8_zps7ca515e7.jpg

We got up early and went to MK, we went on speedway cars thing first, then thunder mountain, it was fun going on this in day light, it felt like a different ride.
4f59c571c69958afe9e9b3b925e03d28_zps6d5c8e6c.jpg

a8015ccad68d86a8d3e645e7452d4dd9_zpsc44fe7df.jpg

We tried to go on splash mountain after getting stuck on the ride the other night but just as we were the next people waiting to get on at the barrier they said the ride was having technical difficulties! Aaagghhh! So we decided to get on the train to the front of the park. We stood and queued for a while then it finally came, we all got on and then they announced there was a problem and everyone needed to get off! We decided to leave MK and get the monorail to TTC then catch the Epcot monorail.
27e7bc9a6e09fb32e7dd93bbd6bfa611_zps167e1484.jpg

Tom loves TT so we went to get FP's but the ride was closed. We weren't having much luck so we went for lunch at sunshine seasons. We both enjoyed it as much as the other day. We had the Mongolian beef, Tom had a brownie for desert and I had the chocolate mousse cake, it was so good.
60409e5772b427e9468b8a72d3e5f140_zps1d5f6efb.jpg

The wait for Soarin was 80 mins and the FP time was for the evening so we walked back to YC and spent the afternoon lazing by the quiet pool. It was good to just relax. Our room is just above that blue cover.
173ca8b5f103fcba7567d8180122d9ac_zps0d3406bd.jpg

We then got ready and caught the us to DTDfor our ADR at Rainforest cafe. We had to wait a while and the food took 45 mins to arrive but it was good. I had the Parmesan chicken and Tom had the bacon cheese burger. We were so full we just couldn't even entertain the idea of a desert so we went shopping instead!
Today's towel creature:
9f48c58696f525fffec8504526152d38_zps552d1c7f.jpg

Great reports again !! YC looks absolutely stunning, I'll have to start saving for 2015 lol !
Seems like the ride failures are following you round ! It goes like that sometimes, very frustrating ! I remember one year we got stuck on splash mountain and had to be led down with the kids in tow!

Great trip report! Looks like your having an amazing time! Makes me wanna do discovery cove again!

Great reports again !! YC looks absolutely stunning, I'll have to start saving for 2015 lol !
Seems like the ride failures are following you round ! It goes like that sometimes, very frustrating ! I remember one year we got stuck on splash mountain and had to be led down with the kids in tow!

Yeap, that's what happened to us the other day, we had to climb off the boat. We tried to go to lights camera action again today and they cancelled that due to a power shortage so not having much luck with certain rides/shows! Just resting before we go out later to Ohana. Both of us are completely fed up of eating though!

Kind of agree but after two weeks away part of me is excited to get home and unpacked and look at everything that I've bought!

Definitely, I'm ready to go home. I'm looking forward to seeing my mum and my cat! Plus I don't want to eat for a week! The dining plan has been great but I haven't even managed to eat half of any meal we've had! And we had 10 snack credits left so we've just been and bought 5 bags of sweets. Just 5 more to spend tomorrow before we leave!

Enjoy your last day :thumbsup2

Shame about the rides breaking down but it doesn't appear to have spoiled your enjoyment which is good:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter