We're bringing teen DS's friend w/us-what paperwork do we need?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
I've never taken another person's child with us on vacation. My DS's friend will be 18, but I want to know what I need from his mom to bring on our trip. Other than making sure he has his picture ID(license) for the airport and a medical insurance card(or copy of one), is there anything he'd need to bring?

If they are a minor, some people do those medical authorization forms ... you know, if something happens and you can't get in touch with the parents, you can authorize treatment.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

hello
since he is 18 i don't think he needs anything- he is of adult age
but if you want to be on the safe side- have a letter from his parent\guardian giving him permission to travel with you- actually this is the same procedure that is used when someone is taking a child that is not theirs across immigration borders

have a great trip!

lisa:p

We took DD's 19 yr old friend with us last March. Since she was over 18, she didn't need permission to be with us or any authorization for medical emergency care from her mom. If she had been under 18, we would have gotten both of those things.
We made sure she had picture ID and medical insurance information with her and we had a copy of contact information, so in case something happened to her, we wouldn't have to rely on her giving us her mom's phone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter