We're bringing DoleWhip back...again! COMPLETE: Sanaa and Yachtsman!

Wow! Great reviews and pics. Loved reading through all of it. Still on the fence with our selections, but I think I am leaning towards AP and Citricos...already have Jiko booked. Although hadn't considered YS, but your review made me think twice about that.

Thanks for all the time you took to share your dining experiences with us!

MMMM, Kouzzina looks DELICIOUS, but nothing can beat Kona! Those Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are a beautiful thing. :love:

I have one more question about TiW for ya: When you go to Guest Relations and get the card, does it last for a year like the AP, or for the extent of the trip? Thank you so much for all your help, again! :)
I got my TiW card in mid-June 2011, and it expires on July 31, 2012. :yay:

I guess whenever you get the card, add a year and one month, and it'll expire at the end of that month (so if you got the card right now, I assume it would expire at the end of October 2012).

Wow! Great reviews and pics. Loved reading through all of it. Still on the fence with our selections, but I think I am leaning towards AP and Citricos...already have Jiko booked. Although hadn't considered YS, but your review made me think twice about that.

Thanks for all the time you took to share your dining experiences with us!
I hope the reviews helped! In addition, we actually ate 2 dinners at Jiko on our most recent trip, and the food was amazing at both, so I'm glad you're keeping Jiko. :thumbsup2

You have really not made my decision between the Tonga Toast or the Macadamia Nut Pancakes any easier :laughing:

Love the Kouzzina pics, did you guys walk in or have a reservation? I didnt book one yet but we are staying at the BWI so I think an early walk in may be possible.

Your mom's breakfast nailed it for my husband, that is what he wants strictly because of the kalamata olive toast :lmao:

Woohoo, :cool1: I think the pics of the Tonga Toast (and fruit platter) convinced our DD that we can trade Cape May Cafe for Kouzzina! She even wants to try the frappe (decaf, of course). Can't wait to get the kalamata olive toast! And DH loved the pics of the turkey sweet potato hash. I am so excited. One more standard fare character meal replaced with unique breakfast choices!

You have really not made my decision between the Tonga Toast or the Macadamia Nut Pancakes any easier :laughing:
For me, the Tonga Toast is the winner, but I really don't think you can go wrong. ;)

Love the Kouzzina pics, did you guys walk in or have a reservation? I didnt book one yet but we are staying at the BWI so I think an early walk in may be possible.

Your mom's breakfast nailed it for my husband, that is what he wants strictly because of the kalamata olive toast :lmao:
We had a reservation, but I've never seen Kouzzina busy for breakfast. I'm sure walk-ins would be really easy. The stacked breakfast is really yummy, I've had it before but I like the turkey-sweet potato-arugula combination as well. :goodvibes

Woohoo, :cool1: I think the pics of the Tonga Toast (and fruit platter) convinced our DD that we can trade Cape May Cafe for Kouzzina! She even wants to try the frappe (decaf, of course). Can't wait to get the kalamata olive toast! And DH loved the pics of the turkey sweet potato hash. I am so excited. One more standard fare character meal replaced with unique breakfast choices!
Just wanted to make sure you know the Tonga Toast isn't at Kouzzina - the last few pics are from Kona Cafe. Sorry, I got a bit distracted while writing the Kouzzina review. :lmao: But aside from that, Kouzzina has some great breakfast food (I just don't want you to end up at the wrong place if the tonga toast is what you're looking for, it's so good :cloud9:)

Just wanted to make sure you know the Tonga Toast isn't at Kouzzina - the last few pics are from Kona Cafe. Sorry, I got a bit distracted while writing the Kouzzina review. :lmao: But aside from that, Kouzzina has some great breakfast food (I just don't want you to end up at the wrong place if the tonga toast is what you're looking for, it's so good :cloud9:)

Having lived in Hawaii for a year, I kept thinking it was odd that Tonga Toast was at Kouzzina. :rotfl2: That's not a deal breaker for us...already booked Kouzzina and CMC is gone. It's all good...

Though maybe we will try Kona Cafe instead of the Wave for our last breakfast? :confused3 So many choices...this is why I obsess over ADRs for 6 months. :surfweb:

I've really enjoyed reading all of your reviews! Your hard work is appreciated!
Kouzzina for breakfast is my overall most favorite breakfast in all of WDW. We've been several times and next time I am for sure trying the sweet potato hash with the poached eggs and arugala! Mmm!

I guess whenever you get the card, add a year and one month, and it'll expire at the end of that month (so if you got the card right now, I assume it would expire at the end of October 2012).

Okay! Wow that's a great deal then! Thanks! :thumbsup2

I hope the reviews helped! In addition, we actually ate 2 dinners at Jiko on our most recent trip, and the food was amazing at both, so I'm glad you're keeping Jiko. :thumbsup2

Jiko is a MUST! No way I am giving that up. It's our first meal on our arrival day.

WOW, so the TiW card might be a better choice than the DxDP if it's a 13 month thing. So, that means that if I buy it when we go in Oct it could possibly be good through Nov. 2012?!? That might change everything, especially with the discount on alcohol. We'd just lose our snack credits for F&W Fest. Back to spreadsheet #23 to figure out our best deal now. Hard to factor in if we'd really order apps, entree & dessert at EVERY TS meal if we weren't on DxDP, but likely not. LOL Great info, as usual though. Thanks!

Having lived in Hawaii for a year, I kept thinking it was odd that Tonga Toast was at Kouzzina. :rotfl2: That's not a deal breaker for us...already booked Kouzzina and CMC is gone. It's all good...

Though maybe we will try Kona Cafe instead of the Wave for our last breakfast? :confused3 So many choices...this is why I obsess over ADRs for 6 months. :surfweb:
IMO, both Kona and Wave are above-average for breakfast. I prefer Kona, but I'd be very happy with breakfast at The Wave as well. :goodvibes

I've really enjoyed reading all of your reviews! Your hard work is appreciated!
Kouzzina for breakfast is my overall most favorite breakfast in all of WDW. We've been several times and next time I am for sure trying the sweet potato hash with the poached eggs and arugala! Mmm!
I'm glad you like Kouzzina so much! It's definitely one of my favorite breakfast locations at WDW.

Okay! Wow that's a great deal then! Thanks! :thumbsup2
I'm glad that the info is helpful! It's definitely a good deal if you eat a lot of TS meals during the year.

Jiko is a MUST! No way I am giving that up. It's our first meal on our arrival day.

WOW, so the TiW card might be a better choice than the DxDP if it's a 13 month thing. So, that means that if I buy it when we go in Oct it could possibly be good through Nov. 2012?!? That might change everything, especially with the discount on alcohol. We'd just lose our snack credits for F&W Fest. Back to spreadsheet #23 to figure out our best deal now. Hard to factor in if we'd really order apps, entree & dessert at EVERY TS meal if we weren't on DxDP, but likely not. LOL Great info, as usual though. Thanks!
Honestly, I feel like we'd usually pay slightly less with TiW than we do with the DxDP. However, sometimes it's nice to know we have the plan just so we can get things we wouldn't otherwise buy, such as snacks. I think this is especially applicable during F&W, because there's so many great, exclusive options! So both choices are viable, but even if TiW saves you money, you should factor in if you'll order differently depending on which you choose. Have fun!

WOW! I had so much fun reading all of your detailed reviews amd looking at your gorgeous pics! :worship: I read them all yesterday- AWESOME!!!

I have to say ITA agree with you on so many of your opinions- I absolutely adore AP, and it was my last Signature to try! Hated Narcoosees- bad, bad service and serious indigestion! I had my first Kouzzina breakfast this past May, and I'm looking forward to my second one this November- I have a very tough time deciding which I prefer, Kouzzina or Kona- so we're doing both this trip. :goodvibes And I booked Yachtsman for our first night after reading your review- we ate there once and weren't that impressed, but my guess is that it was just an off night.

Oh- and your assessment of the BW CM's is very accurate, I think- we encountered many, MANY poor CMs there- the one who checked us in never smiled once, never said "Welcome Home", didn't give us a birthday button...and then it went downhill for the rest of our visit (on the plus side, they undercharged my friend for her AP because they couldn't figure out how to do it. When she pointed out the mistake, the CM said, "Oh...that's ok-" and it was a $50 difference!! :scared1:)
I don't know who the manager is over there, but CLEARLY they need to come out of the break room with a big 'ol can of WHOOP ***!:rotfl: I do love staying there, though- it would just be soooooo much better if they would actually TRAIN their CMs. :rolleyes:

Thanks for writing so thoroughly- can't wait to read about your most recent trip! :goodvibes

Ellen

Right, that's it I have finally decided - Tonga Toast it is :cool1:
I hope you like it! The strawberry compote and the piece of pineapple are excellent with it - no maple syrup is necessary, IMO!

WOW! I had so much fun reading all of your detailed reviews amd looking at your gorgeous pics! :worship: I read them all yesterday- AWESOME!!!

I have to say ITA agree with you on so many of your opinions- I absolutely adore AP, and it was my last Signature to try! Hated Narcoosees- bad, bad service and serious indigestion! I had my first Kouzzina breakfast this past May, and I'm looking forward to my second one this November- I have a very tough time deciding which I prefer, Kouzzina or Kona- so we're doing both this trip. :goodvibes And I booked Yachtsman for our first night after reading your review- we ate there once and weren't that impressed, but my guess is that it was just an off night.

Oh- and your assessment of the BW CM's is very accurate, I think- we encountered many, MANY poor CMs there- the one who checked us in never smiled once, never said "Welcome Home", didn't give us a birthday button...and then it went downhill for the rest of our visit (on the plus side, they undercharged my friend for her AP because they couldn't figure out how to do it. When she pointed out the mistake, the CM said, "Oh...that's ok-" and it was a $50 difference!! :scared1:)
I don't know who the manager is over there, but CLEARLY they need to come out of the break room with a big 'ol can of WHOOP ***!:rotfl: I do love staying there, though- it would just be soooooo much better if they would actually TRAIN their CMs. :rolleyes:

Thanks for writing so thoroughly- can't wait to read about your most recent trip! :goodvibes

Ellen
Sorry to hear about your experiences with Boardwalk, Narcoossee's and Yachtsman - I hope Yachtsman does better next time! I know they're capable of good things.

And Kouzzina and Kona breakfast in one trip...great idea! :thumbsup2

So is there another review coming from the most recent trip? ;)
It might not be a complete review, but I'll try to add what I can. :)

Tokyo Dining was a new restaurant for me - the last time I ate table service at Epcot's Japan was almost 10 years ago, and the restaurant then was Tempura Kiku. I've never eaten at the hibachi restaurant, since we have some great hibachi restaurants at home.

Tokyo Dining is a beautiful restaurant - the decor is really sleek and modern, and there is a giant screen that shows beautiful images of Japan. There's also really calming background music (like my favorite restaurant, Artist Point). I don't have a picture of the dining room, but here's the view from my table:

IMG_2452.jpg

Not bad! This would be a great viewing location for Illuminations.

The folded napkin was cute, too.

IMG_2451.jpg

To drink, I had a glass of water and an unsweetened iced green tea. Both were so refreshing and wonderful on a hot day, and I was happy to have a healthy, non-water drink option. In addition, the refills just kept coming and coming. Service was absolutely wonderful here, from start to finish. My server Ayumi was extremely friendly, polite, and attentive.

IMG_2453.jpg

My appetizer was the tuna salmon sensation - sashimi grade raw tuna, salmon, and avocado cubes served with a sesame-sake-soy dressing. I loved it. The savory dressing was delicious with the fish and creamy avocado. Very simple, but tasty.

IMG_2454.jpg

Next, I got the filet mignon with grated daikon, ponzu (citrus soy sauce), vegetables, and steamed white rice. Again, I really enjoyed it. This was a very simple plate of food, so as a 'foodie' it was nothing special. But compared to all the other food I'd been eating, I was happy that this plate actually seemed healthy. :laughing: The meat was cooked well, the veggies were plain, the rice was enjoyably sticky (even though I left most of the rice), and the sauce added a zesty, savory flavor when I wanted it. I've had better, more interesting Japanese food at home. But this was still a refreshing change from food at other Disney restaurants (such as Coral Reef), where I think the food is not only "nothing special" but also an enormous amount of calories.

IMG_2456.jpg

My dessert choice was the green tea pudding. Another dining review compared this dish to flan, and I completely agree. I didn't really get a lot of green tea flavor, but I didn't mind, since I had about 3 glasses of unsweetened iced green tea beforehand. :rotfl: The texture was nice and firm, and the sauce had a satisfying caramel-like flavor.

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

I was extremely happy with Tokyo Dining - the decor, service, and view were all amazing. The food was all prepared very well, and while the entree might not have been very interesting, it was so wonderful to have some healthy and simple food in between the foams and heavy sauces. I don't think Tokyo Dining is a real "must do," headliner location. Even on the DIS, its sister restaurant Teppan Edo gets most of the attention. But for me, I feel like I've discovered a hidden gem, and I can't wait to return. :love:

I really appreciate your reviews. You've convinced me to go to Artist Point and I am very much questioning our reservation @ Narcoossee's!:confused3

I really appreciate your reviews. You've convinced me to go to Artist Point and I am very much questioning our reservation @ Narcoossee's!:confused3
I hope you enjoy Artist Point! And I don't know what to say about Narcoossee's. As stated in the review, we actually enjoyed the food at our last meal there, although the menu is less creative than the menus of other signatures. But the service was abysmal - it shouldn't have happened at all, but it can't be that bad on a regular basis.

Why did you pick Narcoossee's? If it's for seafood in general, you could try Flying Fish. If it's for a fireworks view, California Grill is generally considered to have better food. It you want to dine at GF, Citricos has great food and service. I can understand picking Narcoossee's over other resort signatures if you really want a specific dish (such as the whole lobster or almond-crusted cheesecake).

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter