Well hubby declares this morning.... he wants to TRY Vero again

edk35

DIS Veteran
:beach: We went back in 2010 for 4 nights. I remember it was very much off the beaten path....The pool was HOT and I remember the Lifeguards throwing ice into the pool. :lmao: We enjoyed listening to Bernie at night in the Cabin Room. Oh and there were shells that killed your feet when you went into the water until you got out pretty far. :sad:

Someone PLEASE SELL ME ON ANOTHER TRIP. :rolleyes1 LOL He would like to go for at least 4 nights this Aug.

You sound like a very hard sell! I won't try, but I think that wave motion moves shells and changes beaches, so things could be different the next time you go. I cannot walk on beaches, but when I was able to enjoy the beach, I was not bothered by shells and stuff in VB.

I love looking at the ocean, watching pelicans, hoping for a sight of turtle or dolphin.

Enjoy your trip, wherever you wind up!

You sound like a very hard sell! I won't try, but I think that wave motion moves shells and changes beaches, so things could be different the next time you go. I cannot walk on beaches, but when I was able to enjoy the beach, I was not bothered by shells and stuff in VB.

I love looking at the ocean, watching pelicans, hoping for a sight of turtle or dolphin.

Enjoy your trip, wherever you wind up!

:rotfl2: I am a hard sell. :rotfl: Last time we booked too late…could only a 1br for 1 night then switched to two garden view rooms for 3 nights. This time…we will have to book two rooms in the Inn again but we will be able to get ocean view..so that is better right there.

Well, here's the thing. If you go in the summer (July/August/Sept) the pool water will typically be hot because of the normal summer temperatures, but, if they get good rain showers in the afternoon, that can help to cool the pool a bit.

Unfortunately, it isn't really possible to do much about the shells near the break line, but if you go just a little bit further out, the sand is nice and soft. So if the conditions are calm and allow you to get past the shells it will be quite lovely and refreshing in the ocean.

Being the summertime, you'll be there at a good time for Sea Turtle sightings which is just really cool. And while off the beaten path, there are definitely some interesting attractions in the area. So lots to look forward to.

Well, here's the thing. If you go in the summer (July/August/Sept) the pool water will typically be hot because of the normal summer temperatures, but, if they get good rain showers in the afternoon, that can help to cool the pool a bit.

Unfortunately, it isn't really possible to do much about the shells near the break line, but if you go just a little bit further out, the sand is nice and soft. So if the conditions are calm and allow you to get past the shells it will be quite lovely and refreshing in the ocean.

Being the summertime, you'll be there at a good time for Sea Turtle sightings which is just really cool. And while off the beaten path, there are definitely some interesting attractions in the area. So lots to look forward to.

I went ahead and booked 3 nights in 2 OV rooms on the Inn side. We will do 4-5 Disney days before heading over. I am going to research the area this time and see where things are. :thumbsup2

We love Vero and we go in the summer - last time we were there for the end of June, beginning of July. We also had an ocean view inn room and I was sold the moment I saw the view. My DH would wake up around 5 and just watch the sun come up (and he is NOT an early riser). The kids enjoyed the activities and we just hung out at the pool or the beach (usually both everyday). We generally don't leave the property except to go to a few local restaurants. Maybe your view this time will turn your opinion a little. Here is a preview:

We love Vero and we go in the summer - last time we were there for the end of June, beginning of July. We also had an ocean view inn room and I was sold the moment I saw the view. My DH would wake up around 5 and just watch the sun come up (and he is NOT an early riser). The kids enjoyed the activities and we just hung out at the pool or the beach (usually both everyday). We generally don't leave the property except to go to a few local restaurants. Maybe your view this time will turn your opinion a little. Here is a preview:

Thank you so much!! I am hoping we like it better. I mean it was NOT horrible but it was just different. I am glad we have OVIR booked this time. We are going at the end of our Disney trip so it will be nice to relax and not have a schedule so to speak. If you have some restaurant advice..THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

My family and I went for one night in 2012 b4 going over to WDW (we live in Miami FL)..... and we loved it so much that we have been talking about going back again.....this July my DD's and I are going to be at VB for 4 nights and I can not wait! IT's all about just going with the flow and just enjoy the day without all the WDW crazy lol We are going on the Dream in Feb 2015 and I told my DD's we could do Disney but Vero Disney and they can not wait to go back and enjoy it more then just over night......

When we are in VB we try not to spend too much $ on food. My DH and I are both teachers and when we go on vacation we usually go to VB first to unwind from the day to day stuff and get into vacation mode. Also we are able to rest up enough to run around the parks with our kids! :) This time we are going on the Disney Dream first and then heading to VB after (no parks this trip). Either way we spend a lot of $ on food at either WDW or on the cruise so while at VB we don't eat real fancy. We will eat at Bleachers (poolside café) once so that the kids can get sand pails (they put the kids meals in sand buckets), we may also eat in Shutters for either the character breakfast (Saturday mornings) or the pirate dinner (Monday nights in summer), but other than that we usually get food elsewhere. We stop at Walmart on our way to the resort and get cereal and snack stuff for the room. We go to Orchid Island Pizzeria often, it is right on the corner of Disney's property. You can easily walk there or they will deliver to the lobby of the main building. We have gotten pizzas and eaten them on our balcony looking at the ocean or subs that we eat down near the pool. Everything we have gotten has been good. Our last trip we found a local Mexican place called Ay Jalisco. It was really good and extremely affordable. Then we also travel a little bit (about 30 min) to Cracker Barrel or Steak n Shake (they are in same plaza) because my kids love them. I have heard a lot of good things about a local place called Squid Lips but we haven't had a chance to try it yet (the wait was too long for my little ones last time). Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!!

When we are in VB we try not to spend too much $ on food. My DH and I are both teachers and when we go on vacation we usually go to VB first to unwind from the day to day stuff and get into vacation mode. Also we are able to rest up enough to run around the parks with our kids! :) This time we are going on the Disney Dream first and then heading to VB after (no parks this trip). Either way we spend a lot of $ on food at either WDW or on the cruise so while at VB we don't eat real fancy. We will eat at Bleachers (poolside café) once so that the kids can get sand pails (they put the kids meals in sand buckets), we may also eat in Shutters for either the character breakfast (Saturday mornings) or the pirate dinner (Monday nights in summer), but other than that we usually get food elsewhere. We stop at Walmart on our way to the resort and get cereal and snack stuff for the room. We go to Orchid Island Pizzeria often, it is right on the corner of Disney's property. You can easily walk there or they will deliver to the lobby of the main building. We have gotten pizzas and eaten them on our balcony looking at the ocean or subs that we eat down near the pool. Everything we have gotten has been good. Our last trip we found a local Mexican place called Ay Jalisco. It was really good and extremely affordable. Then we also travel a little bit (about 30 min) to Cracker Barrel or Steak n Shake (they are in same plaza) because my kids love them. I have heard a lot of good things about a local place called Squid Lips but we haven't had a chance to try it yet (the wait was too long for my little ones last time). Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!!

We did eat at Squid Lips last time. It was a very rainy day...we did get there early before the crowds and they had to pull the plastic "windows" down because it was raining so hard. I am pretty sure we enjoyed the food there though. Where is the Mexican place? We also ate at Mama Mia's....can't remember where it was..we stumbled upon it. It was really good...small inside though.

I changed our ressie to just 3 nights this time. We did 4 last time.. will try 3 and see how we like it. I am happy we got the OVIR this time too. :thumbsup2

Ay Jalisco is at 1909 20th St Vero Beach, FL 32960

It took us about 15-20 minutes to get there I think.

Here's another vote for water shoes. Our whole family has them. They also help with the hot sand. As for the hot pool, I do agree. It is hot in the pool area in general, which is why we prefer to be down at the beach most of the time, where there is usually a pleasant breeze. The loungers you can rent are comfortable. I also suggest if you want to swim in the pool, try the evening, especially if it rained in the afternoon. I love Vero and would be happy to go there every year. The rooms are large and comfortable, the resort is gorgeous, the turtle experiences are educational and fun, the pool games are a blast, and it's just so relaxing. I hope if you go that you'll have a great time.

There is a Ay Jalisco in Sebastian, too. The address is: 1814 U.S. Hwy 1. I think it's a bit closer to the resort. The food is really good and prices reasonable. I would assume the food is the same as in Vero.

We tried Squid Lips on the last trip. Neither DH or myself were too happy with it so probably won't go back.

For indoor/outdoor on the water, we like the Riverside Cafe in Vero (3341 Bridge Plaza Dr, just off the Merril P. Barber bridge). It's facing the river but on the east side so is a good place to see the sunset (although that would be hot in the summer).

Southern Sisters Cafe in Sebastian (709 U.S. Hwy 1) is great for breakfast.

Hope you enjoy your visit this time. We love Vero!

Here's another vote for water shoes. Our whole family has them. They also help with the hot sand. As for the hot pool, I do agree. It is hot in the pool area in general, which is why we prefer to be down at the beach most of the time, where there is usually a pleasant breeze. The loungers you can rent are comfortable. I also suggest if you want to swim in the pool, try the evening, especially if it rained in the afternoon. I love Vero and would be happy to go there every year. The rooms are large and comfortable, the resort is gorgeous, the turtle experiences are educational and fun, the pool games are a blast, and it's just so relaxing. I hope if you go that you'll have a great time.

Thanks!! I hope we do too. I see you are from SC. Have you been to HHI? What do you think of that Disney Resort?

There is a Ay Jalisco in Sebastian, too. The address is: 1814 U.S. Hwy 1. I think it's a bit closer to the resort. The food is really good and prices reasonable. I would assume the food is the same as in Vero.

We tried Squid Lips on the last trip. Neither DH or myself were too happy with it so probably won't go back.

For indoor/outdoor on the water, we like the Riverside Cafe in Vero (3341 Bridge Plaza Dr, just off the Merril P. Barber bridge). It's facing the river but on the east side so is a good place to see the sunset (although that would be hot in the summer).

Thanks for the addresses. I don't really remember the Squid Lips dinner. I keep a journal of our trips... I just looked back in it for that trip .. all I wrote was "We went to Squid Lips....that was interesting" :rotfl2:

We ate at the Riverside Café too on our last trip to Vero. We loved it - there is also entertainment at night.

Janis

Thanks!! I hope we do too. I see you are from SC. Have you been to HHI? What do you think of that Disney Resort?

Yes, we have been to HHI and loved it. I was pleasantly surprised, because I wasn't sure I would like not being on the beach. Within minutes, though, I could see why people love the marsh, and now I am hooked. The marsh is beautiful, relaxing, and so nice to watch as it changes throughout the day. Great resort for true relaxation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter