Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Well this weekend was going really good. It was a very quite weekend. For once nothing really going on. I got a workout in everyday and I an starting to feel not feel as big as I was last week after eating way too much junk.

Yesterday was not as great though. I had a funeral to go to. It was for my godfathers mother and I haven't seen my godfather in a very long. As I was getting ready and putting on my make up my daughter decided she wanted to. it was really cute and my husband got a picture of the two us putting on our make up. She decided to put on a dress that matched mine too even though she wasn't going with me. So I have this cute picture of us.

View attachment 226510

I left the house right after this picture and headed to the funeral home. I was only gone for about 45 minutes before I get a frantic call from my husband that my daughter fell into the door frame to our bathroom and cut her lip. He does not do well with blood at all. He needed me to come home so i left right away. It was really bad and since the bleeding wouldn't completely stop I took her to the ER. No stitches thankfully, but we really need to watch for an infection. The next couple of days she will need to eat soft foods that are pretty bland and she has to rinse her mouth with water every time she eats or drinks something. Hopefully this will keep her from getting an infection.

So with all of this I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I will try to remember tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to the rec tonight but I need to get to the store to buy some foods that DD can eat. I think I can get both done since I shouldn't have to worry about being home in time for my husband to get to the rec. He has been walking outside lately since it has warmed up a little bit.
Cute picture... hope her lip heals quickly.

First of all-- Y'all, I am sooooo sorry!!!! I totally bailed this weekend and feel so bad!

My cousin called me up on Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to take an impromptu trip to the Florida keys with her and her girls. I said sure, packed my bag, and was out the door without one thought for the computer or bringing along my ipad or anything. It wasn't until I woke up Sunday morning that I remembered I completely forgot about the DIS in my island state of mind!

BUT I am happy to see everyone had a chatty weekend :woohoo:

Hello all! I am fairly new to the DisBoards and just recently found this forum. I already read through all the pages of February without realizing it was only for February, and only skimmed through March because I wanted to post and introduce myself.

:welcome: Happy to have you here!!!

Sorry I have been missing a little again - it has been super busy with kids and work. I had to take DS16 to a funeral last week - his manager at his part-time job died from suicide at the age of 37 :sad1: - his family said he had struggled with depression his whole adult life. He was a wonderful manager to DS and really helped him learn and improve at his job and will be missed by DS. This is the second funeral we have gone to in the last 2 and a half months to say goodbye to someone way too early in their life. As a parent it just hits home watching these other parents lose their precious children - there are just no words.

Oh my! That is so sad. I am so sorry to hear that. :grouphug:

Something that was discussed tonight was fat - and something that was great was a doctor's comment that we should not think or talk about ourselves as "I'm fat" bur rather "I have fat to lose" this way we are not aligning our identity with being fat but rather having some excess of it that we can choose to separate ourselves from and get rid of it!

LOVE IT! Yes, re-framing that makes quite a difference!

Well this weekend was going really good. It was a very quite weekend. For once nothing really going on. I got a workout in everyday and I an starting to feel not feel as big as I was last week after eating way too much junk.

Yesterday was not as great though. I had a funeral to go to. It was for my godfathers mother and I haven't seen my godfather in a very long. As I was getting ready and putting on my make up my daughter decided she wanted to. it was really cute and my husband got a picture of the two us putting on our make up. She decided to put on a dress that matched mine too even though she wasn't going with me. So I have this cute picture of us.
View attachment 226510

I left the house right after this picture and headed to the funeral home. I was only gone for about 45 minutes before I get a frantic call from my husband that my daughter fell into the door frame to our bathroom and cut her lip. He does not do well with blood at all. He needed me to come home so i left right away. It was really bad and since the bleeding wouldn't completely stop I took her to the ER. No stitches thankfully, but we really need to watch for an infection. The next couple of days she will need to eat soft foods that are pretty bland and she has to rinse her mouth with water every time she eats or drinks something. Hopefully this will keep her from getting an infection.

So with all of this I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I will try to remember tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to the rec tonight but I need to get to the store to buy some foods that DD can eat. I think I can get both done since I shouldn't have to worry about being home in time for my husband to get to the rec. He has been walking outside lately since it has warmed up a little bit.

Great picture of you and your daughter! And yikes about the fall! Wishing her a speedy recovery for sure!

Motivation Monday! - March 20

tumblr_ojp61aW77s1st0dt8o1_400.gif
tumblr_ojp61aW77s1st0dt8o2_400.gif

tumblr_ojp61aW77s1st0dt8o3_400.gif
tumblr_ojp61aW77s1st0dt8o4_400.gif

Let's take a page out of Judy's book when it comes to compliments!

Compliment yourself today - What are two things you love about yourself?

Checking in at 0% - woohoo.

I had a real low key, low energy weekend... I feel like I barely moved at all. Saturday was so overcast, so dark, so grey and so wet, that the daytime felt like nighttime up until around 4pm-ish when the clouds finally cleared and we actually got some sunshine. That's when I finally got out of the house to run the errands that I would normally be doing first thing in the morning. Sunday was nice and sunny as predicted, but I didn't get any yard work done as planned... again very low on the energy scale. I didn't have anything significant planned for the weekend, just to clean up and get ready for having family over next Saturday, so I was beating myself up for not getting much accomplished until I looked around the house Sunday evening and realized there really isn't that much to do, just the normal housekeeping of scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom, dusting and mopping the floors. I'll do a few things each evening during the week, and next Saturday will be all party and no chores at all.

I really need to figure out how to manage that beating-myself-up voice, because it feeds in to the lack of health and weight control as well... and I have been more gloom and doom and self-negativity lately, again due to not managing stress well. I see some serious mediation in my near future.

Texas is now just four weeks away... I'm sure we'll talk more about what we want to do/see when my Brother is here Saturday. One of the things on the list is to visit the Book Repository, so I watched the movie 'Jackie' Saturday. What a fascinating view in to what was going on from her point of view... a tour de force performance for Natalie Portman. I'll do some reading up as well.

This week is off on a better note, as I remembered to throw some of my thyroid meds into a baggie, so I have them here at work, no missing a day this week.

Happy First Day of Spring and Monday all.

Last edited:
Oh lordy, while I was writing Lady Marie posted today's topic and how could it be any more on-point? What are two things I love about myself?

1. My creativity
2. My sense of humor

I'm going to keep repeating those things to myself all day.

Checking in at 69% - 15 running miles and 10 biking miles the past week

It sounds like a lot of people are struggling this month, hang in there! We still have 2 weeks which is plenty of time to make some progress.

I finally talked my daughter into doing a 5k with me for a Superhero race. I thought we would just wear some superhero t-shirts but she only agreed if we would do full on costumes so currently my spare time is going toward making Teen Titan Go costumes for Raven and Starfire. Should be interesting.

2 things I love about myself - organized and determined

Checking in at 52% - I didn't track at all on Saturday or Sunday :( and Friday I only tracked until dinner. It was a bad eating weekend - mainly Saturday, but not great on Friday or Sunday either. I didn't have time to weigh this morning, so I'll have to see the damage tomorrow.

I do think I'm going to go back and do my best to look up what I ate and log it now, just so I have to to reference later if I want.

We went out with a group Saturday and I ordered a sandwich and fried pickles for lunch. They really weren't even any good - they were way too salty, but I kept eating them anyway for some reason :guilty:.

Oh well, ready to do better this week!

Things I like about myself - my dedication to my family and my positive attitude about everyday situations. I'm definitely a glass half full type person.

I am checking in at 50%. I backtracked a little this past week :( But I guess as long as I am down I should be happy.
Compliment yourself today - What are two things you love about yourself?
1. When I put my mind to something I always get it done.
2. I am a loyal friend.

They really weren't even any good - they were way too salty, but I kept eating them anyway for some reason :guilty:.
Did I write this? LOL I do this all the time. Why do I continue to waste calories on something I don't even like!? I got a tip one time to put a napkin over your food when you want to be done so you will stop picking. I need to do that more.

I'm going to keep repeating those things to myself all day.

Yes! :-) Positive affirmation!

It sounds like a lot of people are struggling this month, hang in there! We still have 2 weeks which is plenty of time to make some progress.

Love that positive cheerleading going on! :cheer2:

2 things I love about myself

1. How caring I am
2. Being able to stay calm in a medical emergency/issue (I really should have stayed in school to be a nurse)

Those are great!

We went out with a group Saturday and I ordered a sandwich and fried pickles for lunch. They really weren't even any good - they were way too salty, but I kept eating them anyway for some reason :guilty:.

Oh well, ready to do better this week!

Things I like about myself - my dedication to my family and my positive attitude about everyday situations. I'm definitely a glass half full type person.

That positive attitude totally shows in your post! You're totally ready to make this week better :-)

I am checking in at 50%. I backtracked a little this past week :( But I guess as long as I am down I should be happy.
1. When I put my mind to something I always get it done.
2. I am a loyal friend.

These are great too!

I got a tip one time to put a napkin over your food when you want to be done so you will stop picking. I need to do that more.

I like that tip-- then you can't see it and it can't tempt you! Haha!

QOTD:

I know this one gets asked every month, and as always, I resist it so I guess I need practice on this. Here we go....

1) I'm creative
2) I am persistent

This weekend was interesting to me on a few levels. So first of all, I am a little disappointed that even though my eating was not crazy off the rails, the scale went up 4 lbs!!! I am hoping its like water and salt and whatever else excuse I can use LOL

Also, after eating some of the greasy seafood festival food and seeing my shadow on the beach, I felt so large! I was even kind of down on myself for working out and cleaning my eating and still not feeling good about myself (cue the melodramatic music for the girl that thinks big changes can happen overnight...). When I saw somebody posted photos of us on Facebook this morning, I was already cringing. But to my utter surprise I was not ashamed of a single one of them. Am I the ideal version of me? Absolutely not. But was I shocked and horrified? Nope. This is progress!!!

So my take away--- SO SO much of this is mental (for me at least)!!! I have got to keep my mind in check, big time!!!

Moving my check in from last night's post to make it easier to find 61.69%

I ended up sleeping all day and want to sleep some more. 12 year old says I look so bad I need to sleep more and has ordered me back to my chair with my feet up on my ottoman. I am trying to stay awake until after 10 pm tonight. Otherwise I won't sleep tonight. My legs and left arm were hurting last night causing me so much pain I only slept in bits last night. I finally got some relief going to the tub about 6:30 or so this morning.
12 year old has been so helpful with getting some dishes washed, bringing me apple slices and some peanut butter for breakfast ( after which I fell asleep) and is now making a dish using chicken breasts and I think a cream soup to be served over rice. She has gotten the infused water changed in the pitcher. It is nice to know that even though I am not feeling well that I don't have to worry about 9 year old being taken care of even if DH is sleeping ( works nights) or is at work.

I want to try and get a 10 minute walk in sometime this evening but don't think I should push it beyond that too much.

I will answer the question of the day later.

2. Being able to stay calm in a medical emergency/issue

This is an awesome trait! I'm also super jealous of this trait. I cannot stay calm in a medical emergency. Even if I'm just around one and not involved at all (ex. car wrecks on the highway). I get major anxiety.

Story of my life! I'm terrible at this with french fries. Either I'm already full and can't stop picking until I'm stuffed or something doesn't taste that great and after I finish eating I'm like "why did I even bother?" The napkin idea is a great idea. I usually have to like smash it in there though. Otherwise, I'll discreetly sneak something underneath the napkin until someone picks it up and takes it away from me.

I missed yesterday's QOTD and I think it's always nice to be nice to yourself (and I'm terrible at it) so I love my hair color and I love that I have a sense of humor.

-----

This morning I got up and went to the gym and kicked my own booty. I love workouts like that. Tomorrow is my rest day and I need one badly. I've done some sort of activity since....Thursday of last week? So almost an entire week of activity. My body needs a day to recover. I am loving how much I'm enjoying my workouts now though. I love feeling fit and sore. I wasn't getting that with my running. Tonight I'm going over to my BFF's house and we're watching My Big Fat Fabulous Life and the new Mama June show. I love MBFFL because she just radiates that body positive attitude. I love the BoPo movement. It's so hard to embrace but something that I'm working on. It just seems so liberating.

So yesterday I did not get to the rec but I did walk up to the school to get my daughter from G-Team (a group a teacher puts together to train for a 5k). We are about .8 miles from the school so I got in a decent walk. I have no clue how many steps i got since My fitbit did not charge Sunday night and I didn't catch it until after I got back from getting my daughter. I was so mad.

Dinners are going to be off this week. I am trying to find stuff my daughter can eat. She loves noodles and was good with them yesterday but she tried to eat them for breakfast this morning and was having a hard time. Thankfully we had mashed potatoes for dinner and made a ton of extras. She ended up eating this for breakfast. She has 2 yogurts, and pudding and noodles to eat while at school. I am guessing she is going to eating yogurt and pudding only for the next couple of days. She told me this morning that her mouth hurts worse today. One of the signs the doctors told me to watch for with an infection. The spot that she hurt is now white. Not sure if it is a canker sore/scab or if it is infected. Just going to watch her over the next day or so. But I would be lying if i said I was not worried.

I did weigh myself this morning. I am back to my starting weight. so I am at 0% right now. This is much better then the +5 pounds I had a week or so ago. We did go to DQ last night since it was free cones. But I should be back on track with food the rest of the week.

Rabbits love me

That's so cute! (I thought about putting the same about cats, but I feel like I post about cats all the time Hahaha!)

I love the BoPo movement. It's so hard to embrace but something that I'm working on. It just seems so liberating.

Same!!!

I did weigh myself this morning. I am back to my starting weight. so I am at 0% right now. This is much better then the +5 pounds I had a week or so ago.

I agree-- much better than being up :-) Not gaining is it's own victory for sure!

Question of the Day - March 21

tumblr_oao7hvasMU1st0dt8o1_500.gif

tumblr_oao7hvasMU1st0dt8o4_r1_500.gif

We all need a partner or tribe to get us through our healthy journey and in life in general.

Who's your partner/tribe/good vibe sender when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices?

QOTD:

I think I am pretty good at doing that healthy living thing on my own, but I think my strongest supporter is my BF. He struggles with weight issues, too, and he is always extremely supportive, but also good at kicking my butt when I need it. The great thing about him is that he is never judgemental. I had one relationship where I was constantly told what I needed to do to be pretty enough for him (yes, I was young, I should have run far earlier than I did). And that just does not help at all. It is not that we constantly talk about my weight loss and exercise, but it is just great to have him there to back me up when I need it. He also loves it when I cook healthy food as it helps him as well.

Question of the Day - March 21

tumblr_oao7hvasMU1st0dt8o1_500.gif

tumblr_oao7hvasMU1st0dt8o4_r1_500.gif

We all need a partner or tribe to get us through our healthy journey and in life in general.

Who's your partner/tribe/good vibe sender when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices?

My husband. He is trying to lose weight too. He is charge of cooking throughout the week so he always cooks healthy. He does not push me to work out but will always ask if i am going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter