Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys....finally getting a change to check in.

3+ days of stress related migranes have really taken their toll. I actually stopped work early on Thursday and did not work any extra hours ysterday.

The short version of the story is that this has been another bad "chris week" - Jeffrey and I have been talking alot - decided that walking in circles both saying "I don't know what to do" is not helping any of us and just making me sicker. We decided that we have to "bottom line" things for Chris - Jeffrey had a long talk with him while I was out last night - (I'm not upset that I was not included as he did say the things that we had agreed on) - probably for the best or I would have cried for sure. Jeffrey had to tell him that he needs to stop staying out - work hard to graduate and most definitely take the Navy tests. If we have any more incidents he will have to find someplace else to live. (insert my heart breaking). He agreed with Jeffrey - came home both last night and tonite and recruiter is scheduled to meet with us here at 2:30 on Monday. I hope we are on the right course - I told Jeffrey I think we are we just have to stick with it.

*****On a much better note - WICKED was wicked, wicked good!!! I loved it!!

Sorry for no ketchup....but I have read the posts - thinking of all of you.....

:love:

Morning all... snowing here again today (yuck) so this will be brief!

Suzanne, what is Awful House? And I totally followed you on the whole CF/CPK thing as well. You probably have a good point with that. I'll have to look up to see if we have any other CFs in town and make sure the CPK follows them :p

Paula :hug: sorry about the migrains and the issues with Chris. I hope he does well with being "gounded" So glad you enjoyed Wicked!

I better go... see y'all later!

Morning, all, remember me?! Crazy busy week--my SM has been in Texas for training all week and I've been trying to get the last of the year end stuff done at the old job so it can all go to the CPA for taxes. To top it all off, one of our computer customers asked me if I could help them out 4-8 hours a week and I said sure. Met with him and found out he REALLY needs a full-time bookkeeper. So, I agreed I'd help him set up his office and get a decent filing system going for him since he's never had either. But that's it, I simply can't take on another full-time bookkeeping job!! Today is church and errands I've had to put off all week. Don't have to work, thank goodness. Although, I DO hafta be at the store tonight when the carpet cleaners come in. To make it less boring, I announced a special employees' only crop so we can all play while they get the rugs clean!

Keeping ya'll in my prayers, I'll ketchup for real one of these days. Mad, mad love all around and :grouphug:

The truancy 'standard' letter came today. Atleast the lady did type a letter letting us know it was a standard letter and that the girls have good attendance otherwise. She also noted that it was vacation. Guess we'll get another one in April since they will miss for Good Friday.

I think an Ohio meet is needed. Somewhere between Cincy and Cleveland????

TC...are you having the Memorial Day meet this year????

Snowday for church today...so just chilling at home, very nice. Cassie has been out playing in the snow and is now waiting for her Dad to take her sled riding. He is not at all motivated to do that.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Morning all. Have to head out for work soon, but figured I'd check in.

Waffle House=Awful House. Everything is just so darn greasy. I ended up with Pecan waffles and avoided all the greasy stuff.

Lainey, good, I figured you could keep up. I only know of one mall that doesn't follow that criteria, but they've got a D&B's and the mall lets D&B dictate what restaurants can go in-it's in their lease agreement.

Paula, :hugs: Hang in there-good gound rules, even if you don't like them. Good luck with the recruiter.

Amanda, enjoy the snow day. :)

Beth, MORE work? Geez girl, give yourself a break sometime! :teeth:

Gotta go iron my shirt. Mad love to you all

Suzanne

morning gang,

Amanda...glad they got it straightened out! I just wish they would pay that much attention to some of our students!! Hope the kids have fun in the snow!!

Beth...I remember you...our trip to Baltimore is april 9-12. We will arrive on the morning of the 9th and leave after we see everything we want to see on the 12th. We are styaing at the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore (great Priceline deal) Hope people show up the crop tonight! And don't take any more jobs!! (I say as I've just signed up to do tutoring two afternoons a week :rolleyes:

Elaine...hehehe I wanted to make sure the siggie was noticable! I hate to be ignored!! Enjoy your day!

Suzanne...i followed the CPK/CF thing jsut fine...it was the snarky, nose rubbing, friend, thingy I had trouble with!! So hope things worked out for you! :teeth:

Paula...good luck with Chris...somehow I ahve the feeling that I will be in the same boat in a few years. I'll come back to you to get my strength!!

Sherry, Kimmar, RM, Lily, Pam, Alan, John, Todd, and anyone else I missed...have a great day! I'm going to go sit and look out the window utnil our snow starts!! Have fun!
tara

Good morning all....

I'm only working 9am - 1pm today because I worked 1 1/2 shifts yesterday (4-8pm and 11pm -2am).

Cold and sunny here - no s***.

Alyssa went to see "Pan's Labrynth" last night - she said it was pretty graphic. She goes back to school today. Did I mention that she made Dean's List - 3.76 - we are very happy and proud of her! She didn't work at all during her break - they did not have work for her at my office- I think she was just as glad - although she liked the $$ she really didn't like the people. She did work on her resume and is also applying for internships. She is thinking about moving off campus next year - we also talked about getting her (or helping her buy) an inexpensive car to get her thru the next 2 years then give her my Escape (which will be paid off ) when she graduates.

I am most happy to report that Chris was home at 9:45 last night !!!! So my friends I say to those of you that suggested the Tough Love - I think you were right - once again I am hopeful that better things are to come. I continue to battle my own "Non-comfrontational" demons - so I appreciate your support and good thoughts for me.

Elaine - how much s*** are you expecting?? Weather reports predict a possible storm here for Thursday.

Beth - I do hope you manager to get some rest in there - do enjoy the RUG CLEANING/CROP !!

Suzanne - Awful House?? Now I'm giggling.....

Tara - I think there is no such thing as picking up a fes things at BJ's - never happens to me either.

Whew - I think I've ran out of ketchup.......back to work.....good mornings all around to Sherry, Pam, Alan, Amanda, Kimmar,.............:grouphug:

Wanted to pop in and say a quick :wave:

After church we stopped at BJ's and then Aldi and came home, made an early dinner, and we've just been hanging out here. :)

Tara, we have some more snow......you can have it if you want it. :teeth:

Paula, glad to hear Chris was home early last night. Hope things go well now after the talk. :hug:

Suzanne, Awful House! :lmao:

Elaine, I need to go to CIP someday. I've heard good things about it.

Beth, hope you find some time to relax soon. Your always so busy! :eek:

Gonna go watch Funniest Videos.

Quick hi... going back out in the icy snow again for church :p

I don't think we'd ever get a "snowday" at our place. The priests live a few blocks away and usually walk down and half the population are students who all walk too. Unless OSU closes down (which is never) we wouldn't.

I'll catch up later, but I'm tired after taking care of my dad's house with all the snow. I hope some of it will melt soon. I hate the stuff.

Evening, all! Nice, busy day at work-sure makes the day go quick!

Paula, glad to hear things are looking better. Tough love may be hard to dole out, but you'll get thank yous for it down the road.

Lainey, our priests lived in the rectory feet from the church-no snow days here, either. Sounds like Santa forgot to drop off your snowblower.

Tara, I think it's best I pm the snarky story, because the parties involved are all DISers. I just hate when it seems like a friendship is only a friendship if I make the effort. Glad you followed the CPK/CF logic. :rotfl:

Sherry, :wave2: Send some of your snow shovelers up Lainey's way-her dad could use some strong, strapping young men to help out! :teeth: Can't claim credit for Awful house-I think that was my friend Donna.

Gotta take the car to the dealer in the morning, fun fun. This is a part they ordered the first week of November!

Suzanne

Morning!

Well, the freezing rain missed us. :yay: We only have about an inch of snow. :yay: But it is COLD!!

Elaine, hope your snow goes away soon. I hate winter.

Suzanne, good luck at the dealers.

Tara, did you get your snow yet? I saw some areas of VA got some. :teeth:

Tonight we are going to the Cavs game. The boys are so excited.

Paula...glad the tough love thing is working with Chris. I think timing has a lot to do with that. I pray it continues to work.

The news said we got 3.5" of snow yesterday. It was nice just staying in all day. Although the girls tend to call "Mom" a lot. Finally last night I sad to Cassie, "There is someone else in this house"...her reply was "Who?" :rotfl:

Elaine...I love shoveling snow. I would have shoveled some of the neighbors, but I wasn't sure with the 'ice' that was suppose to come if they wanted it shoveled or not. If the start shoveling while I am out I will go over and help them finish.

Beth...Isn't a couple of job enough for you;) I used to work all the time, but now am enjoying just 2 jobs, work and Mom. Any extra time I am doing things for church.

Have a great week everyone!

Beth...Isn't a couple of job enough for you;) I used to work all the time, but now am enjoying just 2 jobs, work and Mom. Any extra time I am doing things for church.
LOL!! Yes, Amanda, it should be enough, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment since I no longer have the Mom job. Staying busy keeps me from missing the kids--it's hard having them grown and gone. At least I still have time for handbells and choir at church.

We got our snow!!! 1.6" here in our neighborhood, 10 miles south got 2 inches. But then we had the freezing rain on top of it overnight and I'm tuned into the TV news to find out how traffic is this morning. Hopefully, schools are closed and traffic will be lighter. Temps are climbing, now, too! We've got 30º right now, which is a whopping 6º higher than yesterday's high. It is expected to get above freezing by noon, so that may help clear the neighborhood streets that don't get treated till last. YAY!!! Just saw our schools are, indeed, closed today!! We have a couple of teachers who work part time at the store and they've been praying for a snow day. :rolleyes:

Guess I'd better get a move on. Bank deposits to make and a Fed Ex drop off before work. Hope ya'll have a great day :grouphug:

Good morning everyone! We had probably shy of 6" of snow here and a bit of freezing rain in the afternoon. We salted our driveway and walkway so after we shoveled it just melted away. Our road here is kind of yucky, but I imagine that as the day goes on they'll get it cleared away better. The other roads (ours is a dead end street that only goes for 2 blocks) are much better though. Definitely no chance of snowdays here with how little we had.

LOL Suzanne, we actually have no need for a snowblower. Our driveway is only one car wide and not terribly long. My dad's driveway isn't horrid, just having it 3 wide makes it more difficult.

Sherry, glad you avoided the snow and freezing rain! I know that even my grandma got some at her house yesterday!

So Amanda, what did Todd do all day while you were answering the girls' calls? :teeth:
I totally agree as well!!! We need an Ohio meet. Obviously Columbus is kind of in the middle (a little closer to you than Cleveland though) but I'm sure we could think of something.

Awful House? :rotfl: I haven't eaten at one of htose in ages. Last time I did, I only did get a waffle.

Paula, congratulations to Alyssa! And good luck with Chris. I know my parents did a lot of tough love with me. They were even more rough with complete groundings for a while.

Bethie, take it easy if you can. You sounds like a busy little bee! And I hope your drive in this morning was okay.

Morning.....don't want to be at work :sad2: Oh well!

Later..................

Morning gang,

wnet to bed early last night...head still hurts...now I think it is sinus related and of course i left my dayquil at home :rolleyes:

And no we didn't get nuttin but friggin rain yesterday :( I was extremely peeved to have to get up and come to work today!

gotta get some work done! back later!
tara

Hey y'all

John, I'd like a four way please.
I don't know whether to be insulted or releived that I wasn't invited. :scared1:
But once you get to that level, you have to start writing thank you notes, and it's just too much trouble.

I ended up with Pecan waffles and avoided all the greasy stuff.
Now is that PEE-can or Pih-KAHN? :)

Did I mention that she made Dean's List - 3.76 - we are very happy and proud of her!

I am most happy to report that Chris was home at 9:45 last night !!!! So my friends I say to those of you that suggested the Tough Love - I think you were right - once again I am hopeful that better things are to come. I continue to battle my own "Non-comfrontational" demons - so I appreciate your support and good thoughts for me.
Congrats for Alyssa's success, and I'd say Chris needs some confrontation but I know it isn't easy for you. :hug: Good luck with all of it, and maybe he'll get scared straight.

Finally last night I sad to Cassie, "There is someone else in this house"...her reply was "Who?" :rotfl:
:lmao: :lmao:

If there were even a dusting of snow, it would shut things down here ;)

Now is that PEE-can or Pih-KAHN? :)

Pih-KAHN, sir, I've lived south for nearly half my life, lol!

Car is at the dealer and I need to leave for work in 10 minutes, so I think I'll be driving Ed's car today.

Okay, tell me this was a joke-Mtv has a show "Engaged and Underage?" WTH?

Amanda, my boys do that, too-Ed is personal non grata when I'm home.

Rosemary, tell them you have to go so you can drive a friend to work-over in Tampa! :rotfl: Think it'll work?

Sherry, enjoy the Cav's game. Not a roundball follower, looking forward to getting to some baseball games this spring. The kids had a lot of fun at the last one we went to with the scouts.

Beth, that reminds me of times I'd be at Dulles and it'd be snowing, but as I headed up 7, it'd get better, then I'd get on 15 (8 miles away) and you wouldn't even see a flurry!

Tara, can't help you with the snow and I'll pass you some Aleve if that will help.

Suppose I should get on the road...

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter